Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hybrid furs, a touchy subject?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Syrius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest copper intoxication, but your explanation is better, Griffin.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a very diverse RL family. My dads side is German-American and my moms side is the human equvalent of "mut". If there is a country out there I likely have family history in it, including Native American. I am proud of my "mut" status because as I look at it, it's stupid to hate what you are and if you are everything then it's stupid to hate anything.

I've often thought my fursona would have a bit of wolf mixed in, not sure exactly how much, not considered it deeply enough yet. But before my hubby came along I had quite a bit of a "lone wolf" personality, I did NOT want to get married, only tentivly agreed to consider marrying my ex, but when hubby came along he turned me into "pack wolf" and I suddenly was willing to have a family and connections that I had avoided previously.

I think if everyone totally thought things trough they could easily identify a bit of another animal in them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leonato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see my fursona as a reflection of my own personality and traits. As such, I believe most (if not all) fursonas, if they are to be honest and accurate, MUST be a hybrid of some kind or another. Be it a mild hybrid (like mine... domestic feline and Lynx)... or more extreme, like my foxy, who is part black panther. The way I see it... I am not completely a domestic cat... though I do have many of those tendencies, it does not match me perfectly, there is a more wild side to me, a more in touch with nature, born of it, and at home in it, side. And that is where the Lynx comes from.

The crazy part is, I can actually identify some of these same traits in my parents. My father has always been the more wildcat way. My mother, bless her heart, is a domestic feline thru and thru. Though my father himself would be a hybrid, my mother would not (unless you count the races of domestic feline). There is no mistaking that my father has some dog-like tenancies as well. That would make me, at minimum, 1/8th dog. Now, you can see as one looks a little deeper at ones self, that its easy to get a VERY long list of species one might be some fraction of a relation to. I draw the line (personally) at two, when referencing myself, or trying to figure out others tenancies and personalities. Limiting it to the two major groups of tendencies.

Bear in mind though, that this take on 'fursona' is just how I see it, that one's fursona -should- be based on ones own tendencies and personality. This does not mean however that I look down on people who have fursona's just as an alter-ego, or as just someone to draw. It's still just fiction, and its still up to the simple fact that everyone in this fandom can be what they wish, in fiction, with each other. I believe that this leads us to be a generally more accepting fandom. More open-arms about things (in some of our case, more literal than others *grins at Sigurd*).
Anyway... thats my 2cents US... a value that seems to fall by the day.

PF's resident Lynx/Domestic Reader/DJ,
Leonato

GriffinX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fully agree with what leonato says.

i mean especially about looking at ones self to see what one should be rather than what's popular(wolf, fox). i looked at my tendencies to come up with what i thought would be the best for me, and in the end it was one of my co-workers random comments that gave me my persona he said and i quote. "man what the hell are you still doing that for? your like a frickin work horse." thats when the ultimate work horse popped in to mind the Clydesdale. Then from there I just took one of the major tendencies I like an added that, the ability to fly. And thus a pegasus.

http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi wrote:
O.O *backs into a corner and cries*

*pets Midi and gives him yummeh chocolate chip cookies to nibble on*

Caution Rant below:

I've never been accused of being uncreative for my characters, being a demented pyscho with a vicious streak maybe, but never uncreative. I write something akin to sadism run amok with racism most of the time when I can be bothered with the time to write at all. A few of you are familar with my works and can more or less atest to my sadistic writing and well insane sense of humor within it.

My characters are as varied as I am myself, and more or less reflect people I know irl, or my varying pyschological temperments. I write about racism, and just how far people will go for 'keeping the race pure' within it. My characters are sometimes 'pure' 'hybrids' and 'mixed breed' with varying forms of racism and misunderstanding within each group and how they view each other and how they interact with each other.

I'm not known for a light touch in my writings when a sledgehammer is so much more effective for some of the thick headed asses I write about. Some I've met irl and called out on their views, others I've simply beaten the hell out of in person.

To be honest as fun loving as I seem to be to most of you I still consider myself abit more of a freakish monster akin to some of my characters personalities (Such as Lakar Foxonia from the Dakar Foxonia chronicles). While some of you would argue against that, its just how I view myself and is not reflective in how I act toward all of you except when your being morons and need your tails kicked to get your asses back on straight. *glances at one fur in particular for a moment.*

Now as for my 'fursona' I guess you could call it I am of course a hybrid Skunk/Fox and have been this same character for alot longer then most of you have ever known about the fandom or asshatdom to some of you. If people would like to call that unoriginal let me remind you that when I first entered the fandom well over a decade ago (1996) hybrids where unheard of, in fact it was almost at times racist in the responses I recieved for being a hybrid from the fandom that I now use in my occassional writings. Now or days though Hybrids and mixed breeds are commonplace, and even have some advantages/disadvantages over some 'purists a.k.a. AssHats' in the fandom. I have of course used several names over the long stretch in the fandom so to some I might be SilverFox, SilverFunk, DarkFox2, OmegaFur, and the latest as of 2001 is of course SkunkFox.

Since I've been around much longer then most of you I've pretty much seen it all, and heard it all so to speak in the fandom. I've seen the drama in the wake of the fur known as Sibe, and have had rather nasty dealing with him myself when I used to be capable of drawing. I've witnessed attacks by sites such as P.O.E. and S.A. and have seen the retaliation attacks by furs done to them. I've even seen furs breaking the law *Texas con incident video on youtube* because they didn't like users of a site that were attending and merely curious about what a fur con was like. That of course left a rather nasty taste in my mouth about furs in general and why I nolonger advertise irl that I am a fur.

Anyway enough ranting from me, I'll let you back to your conversation for the time being but if any of you start turning this into an asshat debate I will gladly take you out back injuries not withstanding and plant my size 12 boot in your ass!

SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: