Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPDATED!!! Second Life Free Accounts Now CLOSED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So did you like SecondLife?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Dident sign up and dont plan to
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 18

Scifer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, expect me to be there on Thursday. If I can't find my way in, look for the rocket propelled badger knocking at the window.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapper wrote:
heheh wheres Kathmandu's naughty pics Twisted Evil

Uncle Tex can't discuss this here cence this is a PG-13 fourm.
Please continue this discussion via IM.
*wink*

<Meaning I do know where and cant discuss here Razz >

Scifer wrote:
Right, expect me to be there on Thursday. If I can't find my way in, look for the rocket propelled badger knocking at the window.

ok just rember that it starts 7 AM GMT July 7th and most likely thats San Francisco, CA time... wich reminds me... you should fly over to Maxx's new place first and go bug the Lindens at there office first and see maxx who is also now liveing in the area Razz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I was playing around Wink

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehehehehe you can be anyone, as Txgorilla proved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No its not a new level of identity theft honest Shocked
nice job Skunky

Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness...BOOBS! And that NOSE! LOL!! Brilliant! Good work Tex!
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Scifer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGH! Damn this is annoying.

Even though it's completely free to sign up, they still want your credit card details. I don't even own one of the bloody things. Confused If I'm going to pay for something, I pay for it there and then.

Well ... unless I can steal someone else's, I won't be able to join up. I really dont see what the point is as the account is FREE anyway. Evil or Very Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Mapper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they want the credit info because of certain adult nature things. And being kid arent supposed to have credit cards and so on.....
Unfortunently they want a credit card number and all the info from what I see.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad *sigh* Yea I thought that was you that blowed bast and killed the power to my house.

Yea credit card still needed for Age Verification puropses as stated by the linden I just asked...

I know the feeling myself of not owning plastic... At one time I dident even have a bank account and still wouldent if it was up to me dew to personal reasons but alas It was required and now I got one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then how is someone like me supposed to join when I've never had or used a Credit Card. It would have helped if you had mentioned this before.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
PrincessB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats going to screw over most of the peeps here who want to join. IronTiger was thinking about looking into it but we had a bank card that could work but because of no money our account has been frozen so our card wouldnt likely work. I think the necisary credit card will make you loose most of the folks who wanted to join.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shroom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it is a problem. I have a CC myself, mostly for building credit history. I just run largeish purchases through it, and pay it off imediately. I know many people don't have one. Perhaps we could talk with the people at Secondlife, and get them to grant some sort of special pass? Alternatively, would it be possible for one person with a CC to create accounts for others then give them to the actual user (in essence vouching for thier age/maturity in the process) ? I would be willing if that were possible.

Edit: And perhaps you could update the thred title to indicate that free signups are open, so others don't miss this chance. I'm downloading a big patch for it at the moment, so I'll be back with more info in a bit..

Edit: Ok nice. Here was my little experience with tech support. Before today, I had gone partway through the registration process, with 'Kelerain Benton'. Then I hit the $9.95 charge portion of it, and went "hu?". Looking around I figured out the promotion didn't start until the 7th (today) so I quit the registration. I came back today to set up the free account, and I found that the name was taken. As a computer programer, I imediately knew that my previous registration was still in the system, blocking a new one. So I tried logging in with the password I chose. That wouldn't work as it 'wasn't in the database'. Ugh. So I tried a few other things, none of which worked then called tech support. Short, sensible menu ( .. press 3 for tech support .. *press*) and I was talking to real person in under a minute. That pretty impressive now a days. He knew what was wrong, and was able to fix it by mailing me a continuation link so I could just pick up where I left off with the new free option available. I was impressed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a great Idea shroom. It would be nice if you could do a Sponsor a newbie deal. I just don't think they would go for it. They like having the plastic in hand, that opps we accidently charged ya deal.

"Damnit Edit "brb to check it shroom

Edit Edit Unfortunently they still want the Credit card info even though its free.

Av by GreyCat
shroom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. We should mail them and see if we can get special permission for PF or something. They are into the whole community bit, so maybe they would be willing to extend our local seasoned SecondLifers some trust and responsibility?
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of info to all thouse without the plastic

It truely dident dawn on me till yesterday evening to Ask the Lindens if a Credit card was required and I had forgot about it from back when I first regesterd.

Ill see what I can do to help out with the accounts myself...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: