Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I really hate this time of year...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: I really hate this time of year... Reply with quote

Because whenever it rolls around I cant seem to fall asleep when I need to. I've tried everything I could think of. Warm milk only seems to leave an odd taste in my mouth. dragging myself to the point of exhaustion doesn't do it either. Neither does readingm watching TV till I get tired, or just laying in my bed doing absolutely nothing for over 3 hours. Even using sleep inducing medicines doesn't work. I wish I knew why I can never fall asleep when I want to during this time of year.

At this point I'm willing to try anything. I'm loosing way too much sleep.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that way half way through June when my work schedule kicks me off of midnight shift and on to days. I have the hardest time sleeping, and my current sleep med is starting to lose it's effects and I've tried about half a dozen others which all have no effect on me. When it gets too bad, my reciepe is hot chocolate made with milk with a shot and a half of Cinnamon Schnapps
Syrius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Walgreens, and get some melatonin. It's OTC, and one pill will give you drowsiness enough to fall asleep. Make sure your room is not warm, or you won't fall asleep. Avoid sugar two hours before the bed, and caffeine up to eight before.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the warm room is definatly one to consider, if our room is too hot I can't sleep worth crap.
I got an otc sleep med from food lion that works freakin amazing (on me that is, I've no clue on anyone else) I just make sure to only take it after multiple nights of bad sleep so there is no risk of problems. (I don't remember name and am not home to look it up)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
WhiteStorm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...you only have that problem in one part of the year?
Syrius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer is the hottest and brightest season of the year. As hinted above, more heat and more light mess with your sleep cycles.
WhiteStorm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am envious. There's no time of year I can sleep.
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: I really hate this time of year... Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
Because whenever it rolls around I cant seem to fall asleep when I need to. I've tried everything I could think of. Warm milk only seems to leave an odd taste in my mouth. dragging myself to the point of exhaustion doesn't do it either. Neither does readingm watching TV till I get tired, or just laying in my bed doing absolutely nothing for over 3 hours. Even using sleep inducing medicines doesn't work. I wish I knew why I can never fall asleep when I want to during this time of year.

At this point I'm willing to try anything. I'm loosing way too much sleep.

I use SleepMD its an all natural sleep aid that knocks me right out... since nothing else seems to work on me either and milk ish not good for skunky... unless you want me to gag to death on my own gas... Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kelvin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's summertime for you, Asalis? Well when I'm sleepy, I just... Erm... Actually, I don't know what I do. Usually I just stare into space until it's morning, and I don't remember a thing.
Discord: kelvin#0465
WhiteStorm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still spring in the southern hemisphere I think. Although it wouldn't be the first time I completely missed an in-between season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: