Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountain_Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some questions, probably silly ones, but I'm curious.

I know that Nutkin was based on a RL professor, but who was the inspiration for "Theodore Bigglesworth-Farthington von Salzburg the Third?" And where the heck did you come up with that name? And was there a particular reason for Denver, or was that just for the Broncos?

Of course, personally, I would have more easily believed in an evil Bronco named 'John.' Evil or Very Mad
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for that question, actually.

When I had to think up his name, I went over a long list. Bob was in there. Joe was too.

I ended up agreeing with myself that the whole point of Theodore, as he ended up being named, is that he is playing a game that -should- grate the eyes. A bronco snob. High-and-mighty type, thinking his sh*t smells better than everyone elses. If I had made him some kind of fancy breed of horse...lippizaner or similar...everyone would've thought it logical. But Theodore isn't meant to -be- logical.

As for where I got his last name, to be perfectly honest, I thought that up on the fly Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain_Mage wrote:
Cirrel, the pics are beautiful, but [hanging his head in shame] I thought that Jean looked more feline than vulpine.

Heheh. To each his own - interpritation. One thing that makes a fox look like a fox is the long, sharp muzzle. The difficulty with anthropomorphizing a fox muzzle is that humans have very flat faces. If you go halfway in-between those two exteremes you get the feline look. Its unaviodable in a straight morph situation, so you try to sharpen the muzzle a bit. I prefer this to making it longer, but the's just a personal thing. I also count on fur coloring/shading to help distingiushe the species.

Nameless: You say Jean looks like Kemsa. Well, Kemsa is part fox. Razz Her full genotype includes fox, cougar, and human.

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the way I see it. Cirrel, you draw -realistic- anthros after all. That necessarily means drawing creatures that are -no longer- animals. But that are also clearly descended from them.

I for one loved that picture the first time I saw it Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Well, that's the way I see it. Cirrel, you draw -realistic- anthros after all. That necessarily means drawing creatures that are -no longer- animals. But that are also clearly descended from them.

I for one loved that picture the first time I saw it Smile

I agree. Its much better to see arealistic anthro more than a toonish one. There are so many of the toonish kind floating around..it is kindof overdone. Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
Nameless: You say Jean looks like Kemsa. Well, Kemsa is part fox. Razz Her full genotype includes fox, cougar, and human.

Actually, that was my point. Kemsa is a fox-feline hybrid (discounting the human part). Jean doensn't really look so much like Kemsa personally as like somebody of her genotype. It really looks like she has some cat genes that have shortened and blunted her muzzle.

Cirrel, that said, its still a very nice pic (as if I have seen any from you that aren't) even if she doesn't quite fit my idea of how Jean really would look like.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is impossible to draw a picture that would fit everyone's mental image of Jean anyway. It fits mine very well Smile
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cirrel"]
Mountain_Mage wrote:
The difficulty with anthropomorphizing a fox muzzle is that humans have very flat faces. If you go halfway in-between those two exteremes you get the feline look. Its unaviodable in a straight morph situation, so you try to sharpen the muzzle a bit.

I've also seen some people's anthro artwork where the muzzles end up too sharp/pointy for my tastes (nobody in particular that I can think of, now).

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...some furs shouldn't have offspring.

That's more or less what Gabrielle says in the first chapter. Lately, I've had to agree with it, in a real life sense as well.

This past week has seen the rise of something I had so far been largely spared. Namely the insolence of young people. Not to mention their ignorance. I don't know if I suddenly became the talk of the schoolyard or what the hell happened but the fact remains that a large group of kids can't let me walk the streets in peace. I have to listen to jeers, annoying comments, they take to following me around laughing loudly and treating me like something they can belittle as they want.

*Shakes her head* So far I've simply ignored them, with one single exception where one of the boys got so personal and so unpleasant I had to retort in some way. I ended up making him squeel in discomfort when I told him very calmly what he could do with my mid digit and how that signalled clearly his worth as a human being.

Tonight, I got a prank call. It was extremely uncomfortable and I immediately went to talk to some of my friends about it. To my dismay, their reaction was "Just don't bother with it" and then they brushed it off. I know I shouldn't care. But the fact is...in this case...I did care. He caught me off guard. He introduced himself using a nickname one of my friends use, and for the first few seconds I thought it was him I was talking to. The connection was bad enough that I couldn't hear the voice clearly. When I realized it wasn't my friend I was badly shook up.

At first, I felt threatened. By now, I don't. By now, I mostly worry if this is going to be some new trend around here. If so, I'm going to have to contact the police about it but what can -they- do anyway...?

I want to leave this -miserable- little town I live in. If I lived in the nearby city of Aalborg, this problem would be very nearly nonexistant. The problem isn't what I've done to myself. The problem is that most of them either don't know what it is, or don't know it's happened in the first place. The problem, in reality, is that I have a history in this town. I lived here before I was anywhere near done with my procedure and after it *was* taken care of...I didn't move away.

Not for lack of wanting to...but for lack of money to move away -for-. The deposit on a new apartment is more than I can realistically afford and there is no help to be had from the authorities on the matter either. I'm stuck here until I somehow manage to scrape up roughly 1.500 dollars/9.000 kroner for a deposit. If I could get that kind of cash, I assure you, I'd be moving away from here very soon.

Oh well, maybe sometime in the future.

Just goes to show that what I wrote is true. This is a lifelong struggle. Idiots won't listen to reason or medical facts. They think laughing stupidly at other people's misfortune is a lot better.

Normally, I wouldn't really worthy people of such inferior intellect another thought. They're frankly beneath my attention (pardon for sounding snooty but I believe this to be one of those situations where it's justifable), and I have better things to do with my time. This time, however, I got caught completely unaware. I was blindsided and it shook me up pretty badly.

Hence this post. I needed to vent. Somewhere. Somehow. I'm sick and tired of being considered a third class citizen. Most of all I'm flipping disappointed that my friends brushed me off at a time where all I needed from them was a "sit down, have a cup of tea and let's help you put that idiot out of your mind". Instead, I was met with "Why do you even bother?"

It doesn't matter why I bother. I don't know why I bother. The situation is, however, THAT I bother. Not because I want to but because I was caught by surprised and didn't have any defenses up.

Damned these idiots. Damned me for letting my guard down. Damned it all for hurting so badly.

I'm too strong to be broken by this kind of ridiculous nonsense. But every time it happens it wittles away part of my belief in the world as a decent place, I admit that. It's not easily repaired either.

Rant over.
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you conversation at the school? Do you attend school? Usually kids/teens are too busy trying to convince their friends to kill themselves to worry about an "outsider"...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Heh...some furs shouldn't have offspring.

How true.

What many non-parents (and some who should not BE parents) don't understand is, children aren't "born polite". Children are "born cruel", and have to be TAUGHT manners and kindness and compassion. Children raised in a moral vacuum are sociopathic monsters, which is why we see so many of them (like the ones taunting you) wandering the streets in mobs, making life miserable for everybody else. Evil or Very Mad

Sorry you're catching hell from them (and from the prank caller) but since you lived there "before", and now you're "after", I'm afraid you will be subject to various cruelties as long as you're there. Wish I could help financially, but there's nothing left to help with. The last person I bailed out of a crisis (several years ago) inadvertently left me with a financial anchor around my neck that I may take to my grave... d'oh!

and
"Lifetimes"
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Filly said:
Quote:
Damned these idiots. Damned me for letting my guard down. Damned it all for hurting so badly.

I know what you mean, dear. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies when it comes to letting little things (double entendre intended) bother us. This is certainly not the biggest speedbump on your highway. Hell, in the face of where you've come from and what you've already experienced, the jeers and taunts of know-nothings should barely rate a casual glance.

At least, that's what they tell us. I'm just like you, sometimes it's the littlest thorns that cause me the most grief. A child gets hit by a delivery truck in front of my house, I can calmly deal with the calls for emergency services, providing first aid, and keeping the helpless spectators at bay until the authorities show up, and sleep well that night. Some "richard-noggin" flips me the bird on the freeway coming home and I'll agonize over that for days. Why? Who knows? Sometimes it's just the way we are.

James said:
Quote:
Children are "born cruel", and have to be TAUGHT manners and kindness and compassion.

I don't know that I necessarily agree with this, although I will admit that it certainly seems that way at times. The unfortunate thing about that is that most of those children never grow up, they just grow old, becoming bitter, alienated old people, or worse. Personally I think that very young children aren't necessarily taught to be bad or good, they assume those characteristics through observation of their environment. <smiles> You can take me to task on that or not... it's my opinion.

Don't let this stuff get to you, Filly. You've come too far and dealt effectively with too much real Hell to let a few moronic buffoons get you down. Put on Gabby's armor and keep that digit handy. If one of those creeps invades your personal space, teach the ignorant why that isn't a bright move.

As many of those self-propelled, vacuuous wastes of flesh are tagging around after you, there are at least as many here who value you very much. Avail yourself of our love for you as needed. You know how to find us...

SC

Scarlet Blackpaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, jerks like that are everywhere. The only thing you can really do is endure and tell off the ones who get too close. Look at it this way; you have a very true strength of character. What do they have? The ability to throw insults to try and make themselves feel better for a little while. That’s it, nothing more. I don’t think that any of them would even be able to stand up in a real confrontation, or have anyone there to back them up if they tried.

Just remember, you are better then those small minded insult pushers, and you always have those here you can talk to should you ever need it.

Superlagg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
I want to leave this -miserable- little town I live in. If I lived in the nearby city of Aalborg, this problem would be very nearly nonexistant. The problem isn't what I've done to myself. The problem is that most of them either don't know what it is, or don't know it's happened in the first place. The problem, in reality, is that I have a history in this town. I lived here before I was anywhere near done with my procedure and after it *was* taken care of...I didn't move away.

Sorry for asking, but what procedure?

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
James said:
Quote:
Children are "born cruel", and have to be TAUGHT manners and kindness and compassion.

Personally I think that very young children aren't necessarily taught to be bad or good, they assume those characteristics through observation of their environment. <smiles> You can take me to task on that or not... it's my opinion.

Whether it's intentional (active instruction) or not (observing their surroundings), children are taught varying proportions of both good and bad on a 24/7 basis. It's up to the parents to actively guide the kids' learning. And that's where much of the trouble starts, letting things go without guidance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 39 of 48

Jump to: