Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 55!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Aaand back.... Reply with quote

Ryan Fox wrote:

Back... and breathing life into an old project.

How can I get Firefox to view these instead of wanting to download?

TGIF007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
TGIF007 wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Quote:
And when did Sabrina develop expressible claws?

"Claws were unsheathed, tearing commenced."

All skunks have claws. Just that you never see them because EWS doesn't draw them.

I think the point was that skunks have fixed claws (they're actually more like their fingers than they are like traditional claws), not retractable claws like a cat.

Hence the "unsheathed" couldn't be true in the literal sense.

Zig, on the other hand, does have retractable claws, courtesy of her tiger grandfather.

This is all very true! Me, I was counting on the fact that since Eric never draws Sabrina with claws at all that everyone would accept that since they're furry that it's an evolutionary thing that took place over millions of years where today civilized furs and furres are able to retract theirs now.

How's that sound? It's my story and I'm stickin' to it Smile

No problem here - just thought I'd point out a bit of skunk biology from real life.

Also, up until now SOTS and ZZTS have been pretty consistent with each other. In ZZTS it's made pretty clear that Zig's retractable claws are courtesy of her tiger grandfather, and not the norm for skunks.

But if Sabrina does indeed have sharp, retractable claws, I suggest that Chris be a bit more careful about pulling pranks that might catch Sabrina by surprise! Wink
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGIF007 wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
TGIF007 wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

Quote:
And when did Sabrina develop expressible claws?

"Claws were unsheathed, tearing commenced."

All skunks have claws. Just that you never see them because EWS doesn't draw them.

I think the point was that skunks have fixed claws (they're actually more like their fingers than they are like traditional claws), not retractable claws like a cat.

Hence the "unsheathed" couldn't be true in the literal sense.

Zig, on the other hand, does have retractable claws, courtesy of her tiger grandfather.

This is all very true! Me, I was counting on the fact that since Eric never draws Sabrina with claws at all that everyone would accept that since they're furry that it's an evolutionary thing that took place over millions of years where today civilized furs and furres are able to retract theirs now.

How's that sound? It's my story and I'm stickin' to it Smile

No problem here - just thought I'd point out a bit of skunk biology from real life.

Also, up until now SOTS and ZZTS have been pretty consistent with each other. In ZZTS it's made pretty clear that Zig's retractable claws are courtesy of her tiger grandfather, and not the norm for skunks.

But if Sabrina does indeed have sharp, retractable claws, I suggest that Chris be a bit more careful about pulling pranks that might catch Sabrina by surprise! Wink

True!

But see, here's where I guess I break from the norm when it comes to furry authorizing. There's a pretty distinctive break between animals and humans -- language skills, free will, knowledge of the existence of rights and accessing them, eating at Hardee's -- and I follow that pattern instead of "this animal does this and it's like this, so I can't have it do this. After all, think about how seldom you see claws in furry art and comics! Outside of Jim Hardiman and Max Blackrabbit, there's only a pawf -- er, handful -- of artists who even bother drawing 'em.

Claw-wise (not Klaw-wise, that's a whole different board), look at the story Trouble's Tales , a very adult story that's heavy on yiff, D/s, and bondage. Trouble is a cheetah sold into slavery who spends an awful lot of the story tied up in one way or another. Cheetah's have nonretractable claws, so ask yourself how that's possible!

It's the same argument you can have with The Gneech and Scott Kellogg and a few other artists, animal size. In the real world tigers are much bigger than skunks and foxes, who are bigger than mice, how do they all coexist? Think real-world sizing on The Clique alone! Think Tabitha and Harvey.

That's where I'd decided a long, long time ago that I was going to follow the basic furry entertainment pattern, or at least one I was comfortable with: all of the characters were going to fall within the average human size of 5'4 - 6'6 or thereabouts. Animals also have whiskers, notice how often I've ever mentioned those! Humans have nails instead of claws, and as you seldom see claws in art, I was going to run with no reference to 'em at all unless I saw a need for 'em, again implying furries followed human evolution process. Or, more easily said, it's only a Story Wink

And if you go back to Chapter 55, you'll also notice I never said Sabrina unsheathed any! Twisted Evil I only said they -- plural -- were unsheathed -- and we DO know that Chris has claws, plural! Wink

See how easily a good author can explain away anything? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TGIF007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

OK - as long as you don't send Sabrina to the beach to prove that there is indeed a Sandy Claws. ;-D
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TGIF007 wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

OK - as long as you don't send Sabrina to the beach to prove that there is indeed a Sandy Claws. ;-D

As long as you promise not to send her to a lawyer to prove there is no such thing as a Sanity Claus Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TGIF007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, with Bondo around, maybe she should investigate getting an escape claws.
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or have her walk in the grass on a cool morning, showing off her dew claws.

TM (hey, I started this mess. Sorry Chris, just OA'ing like usual.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TGIF007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When her fingers get cold, does she then have contract claws?
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone tried to murder her she might've been married to Claus von Bulow
TGIF007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She must have been an English major, since she's expert in use of both the dependent and independent clause.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t laugh, the Cutting of the Claws is in the Claus clause!
TGIF007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we know that nobody can keep Sabrina down for long. She always claws her way to the top!
TGIF007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as Zig Zag doesn't show up, there's no claws for alarm.
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*facepaws and groans*
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teric wrote:
*facepaws and groans*

THAT'S the best you could do??? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: