Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aslaug.eu blog comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE COLONEL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: NEW Job Reply with quote

Congrats. Sounds like a Good One. Just hope that the delay does not cause problems, or more problems, with the old one. Smile Very Happy
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, seemed to have missed a comment or two on ... something or other ...

Is this life imitating art imitating life imitating art imitating life or something? Razz
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, interesting though some lines weren't written right, like the 'walking vagina' statements, you forogt the 'not' that meant you were not talking only about the physical (women are walking vaginas, like men are walking penises in a pure physical sense).

Are we evolving towards equality, yes, but there is going to be a large 'holdover' from the male-dominated era (how did your historical self forget this?) where females are going to be protrayed as sexual objects.

On the other side (of feminine protrayal) is the romance cover-art [technically the flip side of Vargas's fems]...

Now then, since this started on appearances [and politics is mainly about appearance, isn't it?], it seems as if you're talking about what the feminine ideal appearance is supposed to be as opposed to the male appearance...or is it?
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I speak at considerable length about male appearance and very little about specific female ditto
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw my 0.02 USD worth in.

(Yeah, I know I can't really afford to, but I will anyway.)

If writing about the appearances of female politicians is all that author could come up with, maybe he's in the wrong line of work. He should be writing for the Enquirer or some other trash tabloid.

As far as publishing said article, the rag that did so should start by firing the editor, that writer/stringer and anyone else that had anything to do with that piece of garbage ending up in print.

That was totally unacceptable in my opinion. Just totally unacceptable.

Kel

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the need to point this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paya-uM82QY

Please take note of how clean that cut is ... owowowow!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Yipe! Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
I feel the need to point this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Paya-uM82QY

Please take note of how clean that cut is ... owowowow!!!

Wow! Incredible cut on what is a tough media to get a clean, straight cut through (water bottle).

I will point out that the blade edge needed to be -keenly perfect- to do that. Any minor imperfection in the edge would have interrupted the cut.

Mr. Green

Note: edited to suggest a water bottle is not easy to cut like that

Pounce

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Yipe! Reply with quote

My branchcutter does that too, the only real secret is to use an good high quality grinding stone... and a lot of patience
The last fool who tested the edge with his thumb did bleed a lot over it though VvvV
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, interesting...

two statements(?) - 'xenophobia' (fear of strangers or strangeness plus 'might nmakes right' (we're in charge so what we say goes)

From there, well, everyone can misinterpret their own holy words, after all, they do so for the other holy words that are out there...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar, the problem is that there is no pretense of "might makes right" in statements like these.

What I am opining against are the people who use religion to shield behind to give themselves a veneer of propriety and even magnanimity.

"We are discriminating against you for the good of the world, our children and oh, by the way, for yourselves you filthy little perverts!"

THAT sort of thinking and it is happening all the time. The problem as I see it is a matter of hypocrisy, where people will try to hide the truth ... namely that they know that they are bigots and in the wrong ... by glossing it over with faith.

That ticks me off, and really badly.

Not long ago, Tigermark actually used the "love the sinner but hate the sin"-line in his story and I caught it while proofreading it, and I pointed out to him how hurtful a statement it was. He was profoundly sorry and immediately changed it, because he never intended to hurt anyone and once I had explained to him why, he -got- why it was hurtful.

The sad thing is that I have seen for myself how a lot of people don't care about that explanation, because they -want- to be bigots. Someone like Tigermark is a genuinely good human being who specifically doesn't want to be that way and therefore, he listened. I have the greatest respect for that. It shows with all clarity that he is in fact not a bigot, and that the use of the expression, in his case, was a matter of simply using language that is commonly bandied about.

My problem lies with people who, even after repeated attempts to explain to them why that kind of language is not only offensive but demeaning and downright hurtful, still persist in using it because they think it will make them look less bigoted.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true, but 'might makes right' is one of the main pillars, but I supposed that "I believe what I believe and no one's going to tell me different' is more in line, which covers for 'most' adults in a culture (one of the main reasons 'why can't we be friends' doesn't workout, even though their children CAN)...

Hmmm, maybe I have it backwards and it's 'MMR' is buttressed by the other...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another cliche -

Quote:
'If I wanted your opinion, I'd've given it to you!'
Frazikar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, is it more the sports or the result of those sports used politically, As for the Olympics, once the spot has been decided on, the political machine makes the most of its presence.

'Everyone loves the underdog' is one of many phrases used in both sports and politics and the term 'dark horse canidate' probably started with politics and went to sports.

Any kind of contest can be used politically, especially if it points something out in your favor...
Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an echo in herer??

Filly, those 10 laws are Jim Crow, Apartheid, Hitler's Aryan whatever - it's elite building (or under stuffing [making sure the underclass stays under])!! It's the top of the pyramid, it's discovering that there are more 'undesireable' types then you thought (especially when times get tough).

Had some great laughs reading this, anyone else?
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Echo, really, but a lot of the time I think we're down to you, Kellan and Tigermark reading anything on my blog Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: