Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aslaug.eu blog comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets even more detailed when you start to balance the trade-off between the hardness, toughness, and flexibility of the blade steel, which affect the it's ability to take and hold an edge, and it's performance in combat. I'm intrigued by the metallurgy involved in making steel for different types of edged weapons and tools, and was fascinated to hear about the Ulfberht sword and the kinship it's blade may have with the ancient Damascus steel. Too cool. And watching that guy make one in the traditional way was interesting too.

Thanks, Filly!

SC

EXan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when a girl is pretty I can force myself on her? :O That's what I've been doing wrong; trying to talk to her and going on a few dates first.

I hope your mom succeeds in getting that bastard fired. The fact that she had to shout to bring the point across to him...

I have a pretty good idea where the mindset comes from... But I'm not going to kick that hornet's nest.

As for the US case. I hope the officers involved will get a some new orifices as well.

Covering for little entitled shits that think they can get away with it now because they're "Athletes". I hope they lose everything the little... <censured>.

Breath Ex... Breath....

Wolfshead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we call ourselves "civilized". Sad

If there is any intelligent life out there, I can only guess they look at our planet and turn around as fast as they can.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something fundamentally wrong with feeling sorrow for those two young criminals, since their future is so tarnished now. Actually I think there is a warped perspective of athletes in general. They can use steroids, bet on games including betting on their own team and be involved in an interstate dog fighting ring and still we see them as 'special', somewhat above the laws and moralities of mere average people. In all honesty, there are a number of 'athletes' that are noting but thugs, plain and simple.

What those two young men did to that young girl, drunk or not, will never be excusable in my eyes and it's a good thing that the girl in question was not my daughter. Where my parents were born and raised, pre-depression Oklahoma, those two boys would have never been seen again after that incident came to light in the community.

I was taught better than that as a small child. I was raised to treat a lady with respect, both before and after I married her. In our thirty-two plus years of marriage, I have never raised a hand to strike my tigress. Never. I also never, and I do mean never, forced myself on a woman, no matter how she was dressed.

I'm sorry but these young hoodlums deserve all that they get because that poor girl will have to live with that for the rest of her life. In my eyes, those two young hoods need to have their lives utterly destroyed for what they did. Normally I'm not a vindictive soul but the more I think about it, the more pi$$ed off I get. Especially as a father/grandfather.

Further, it's shocking to hear that 20% of Ireland's populace see no problems with a woman being raped just because they perceived that she was asking for it!

What in the devil is wrong with people these days? Are we the only few that see this as a problem?

Gah, I try to have a positive outlook on things but incidents like this makes me lose hope in mankind. Unless this changes, we are doomed as a civilized race of beings.

Kellan, the very disgusted old warhorse.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the old double standard about guys getting experience and the girls, well, not. When they clash, it's almost always the girl's fault (the guys need the experience, right?) for whatever reason/excuse given...

BTW, were there any female commentaries in the press?? [double standard in action]
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there were a lot of female commentary in the news in general. Sadly, one of the worst CNN-stooges was a female reporter though at the moment, her name eludes me.

Other women, however, raged against the coverage up until that point and called for sympathy with the victim, rather than the criminals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that even the most serious piece has some 'slower' and 'less serious' time shown...

[Is it Biocobra or Exan that's a member of the 'Extreme Filly Exercise Club' (say the magic word and get plenty of exercise) or both?]
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Good to see that even the most serious piece has some 'slower' and 'less serious' time shown...

[Is it Biocobra or Exan that's a member of the 'Extreme Filly Exercise Club' (say the magic word and get plenty of exercise) or both?]

Both of us, definitely. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And it was a superb weekend, Aslaug. I will certainly treasure the memory of it. Very Happy

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So good to hear that you and Chris had such a great time.

that Viking long boat is one nice-looking piece.

Kel

EXan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Proudly shows his Extreme Filly Exercise Club lifetime membership card-

That is an awesome looking boat. Very Happy Well done Bio.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what can I say but 'Owie'...

'We will serve no story before it's time...'
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, congrats (on the new job front)...

As for the 'cattle' remark, it never happens upon hiring, after the settling-in period however ... Laughing
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Good News! Reply with quote

I'm so glad for you!

Quote:
And then I will go back to Denmark, to start a new job where they pay you a decent wage and where you are allowed to join a union and where you get treated like a human being, and not like cattle.

I knew you were very unhappy at your current position. I'm glad you found this unique opportunity and I wish you luck!

*Hugs*

Kellan

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar, the cattle thing started on day one of my current job.

Kellan, you are right in saying I was unhappy. In fact, that is somewhat of an understatement, but the relief of getting this job is so great that frankly, I can handle the last two months Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Frazikar, the cattle thing started on day one of my current job.

Oh...bummer (did they at least give you the nickel tour first??)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: