Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Female Furry Drawing 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:44 am    Post subject: Female Furry Drawing 101 Reply with quote

Ok, sorry for the wait... but here we go...

the female body is a VERY (even as important as oxygen) important, and VITAL part of furry art, there would be no femme yiffy art without it, the female is a very important part of furry, just like cereal and milk (PUN!) is to breakfast, is like a proton pack to a ghostbuster, is like a hitch to the hicker... you get the point....

well, for the first lesson iīll share with you a very basic model for the female form.. please note that the model is just to give a faint idea of whatīs to be drawn, and comparing to the male form, it has a lot of differences... and iīll list some of the most important differences/characteristics:

TENīHUT!! :scrambleup: a female model MUST *WHACK!* have:

-relaxed shoulders (compared to boys, girls have slumper shoulders)
-The figure should curve a bit (just a *tad*) off center... given that the model follows a motion line (If you donīt know what iīm talking about DONīT PANIC!! weīll get to that in 2 or 3 lessons)
-the hips should be based on a short (triangle like) cyllinder (please excuse my english, i lacked the correct word, but youīll see what i mean in the model)
-VERY IMPORTANT!!! usually females donīt have as much muscles (or muscle details) as males.... i like my women very petitte #Beer Wink

thatīs as much as i can remember for now Smile but hopefully itīll give you the basic idea...

Now, some words from the author *BOOOOOOOOO!*

Ok guys, the most frequent problem with beginning and some intermediate level cartoonists/artists... is that they just draw or sketch the outline of the pic and go from there... i encourage you to use the basic figure model so you can base your pic on something, that will give that PUNCH of realism to your pics... once again i also remind you to use the 3 Pīs: practice, Practice and PRACTICE!! #2gunfire :onfire: and even with this method you can grab a pose you like from a magazine, or still image from any media and transfer it to paper, yeah THAT easy... you will thank me later Wink

Ok, questions?

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, just edited a past post... questions? Wink

#StarWars

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that looks like my first wife!

ok, only if she was a little more round.

LOL

honestly, I didn't think of using a pic from a magazine as a model. Thats an excellent suggestion!

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, yeah, the model looks awful, but according to Maxx, a model is just to give volume to the would be picture, and some ground for you to draw on, don't spend too much time there, you'll need your energy elsewhere (read completing the pic)... if everything goes well, the new female drawing grasiously starring Rava Purr should start today... the only setback is that if i start drawing, i'll probably won't be able to hold off to scan each step i take on doing it... but i'll try.
JC Modify

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triangular cylinder = truncated cone
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well Modify its good to see you signed up! Btw: WhiteRabbit, and ShirhKhan are the ones I told you about in a previous IM we had. And that crazy feline above you is the nutty artist I told you about. Now post up a pic for a critque by the pleasant furs here, and you shall be surprised by the responses you recieve from them.

Attention Everyone! This fellow JC Modify is an excellent artist friend of mine, his art is realistic and of exceptionally quality. As such he gets my hearty good approval and stamp of freshness!

SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walksthweb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: for arts' sake Reply with quote

heya skunkfox

ya know I did'nt see any link for jc's work. Is any of it online at all? Drawing is more then a past time for me being an animation major at columbia colleage in chicago. I'll try to lend a helping paw if I can as well.

-walksthweb
http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/walksthweb/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Female Furry Drawing 101 Reply with quote

Maxx wrote:
Ok, sorry for the wait... but here we go...

the female body is a VERY (even as important as oxygen) important, and VITAL part of furry art, there would be no femme yiffy art without it, the female is a very important part of furry, just like cereal and milk (PUN!) is to breakfast, is like a proton pack to a ghostbuster, is like a hitch to the hicker... you get the point....

well, for the first lesson iīll share with you a very basic model for the female form.. please note that the model is just to give a faint idea of whatīs to be drawn, and comparing to the male form, it has a lot of differences... and iīll list some of the most important differences/characteristics:

TENīHUT!! :scrambleup: a female model MUST *WHACK!* have:

-relaxed shoulders (compared to boys, girls have slumper shoulders)
-The figure should curve a bit (just a *tad*) off center... given that the model follows a motion line (If you donīt know what iīm talking about DONīT PANIC!! weīll get to that in 2 or 3 lessons)
-the hips should be based on a short (triangle like) cyllinder (please excuse my english, i lacked the correct word, but youīll see what i mean in the model)
-VERY IMPORTANT!!! usually females donīt have as much muscles (or muscle details) as males.... i like my women very petitte #Beer Wink

thatīs as much as i can remember for now Smile but hopefully itīll give you the basic idea...

Now, some words from the author *BOOOOOOOOO!*

Ok guys, the most frequent problem with beginning and some intermediate level cartoonists/artists... is that they just draw or sketch the outline of the pic and go from there... i encourage you to use the basic figure model so you can base your pic on something, that will give that PUNCH of realism to your pics... once again i also remind you to use the 3 Pīs: practice, Practice and PRACTICE!! #2gunfire :onfire: and even with this method you can grab a pose you like from a magazine, or still image from any media and transfer it to paper, yeah THAT easy... you will thank me later Wink

Ok, questions?

Or in my case three P's for me translate into PAIN PENCILS break and PAY
Questions? Rolling Eyes

Erm.. I don't think I can ask em here Razz
CrayzedWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey walkstheweb nice pics.

*Cant get the picture of Kandy out his head*

Hey can u giv me Kandy's number heh heh Wink

My Live Journal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
walksthweb

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

Sorry wolf but thats' a closly gaurded secret. I've afew new pics to post as soon as finals are over here in chitown. Both of them are looking good so far. Now if only I can get the time to color them....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: