Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While waiting for the new chapter to appear..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: While waiting for the new chapter to appear.. Reply with quote

Just thought I'd pop in briefly as someone who seldom posts anywhere to say I like this story. I hadn't heard of it, and was surprised by the length of it as a result. A fun read which defintiely goes unexpected places, which is what it takes to keep things interesting.

I must say, Arden and Sheila certainly go out of their way to betray each other both in terms of their relationship and in trust as well. Given that they both have those same faults, naturally they go well together.. though at the moment that isn't the case in the story context. Wink

Don't read anything past this sentence if you are not caught up on the story. I don't want to spoil anything.

I saw someone else's confused post regarding the beginning of Act III. Hey, whoever you were, you were not alone. When I got to that part, I read the first bit of it a few times and kept going back looking to see if I had not missed another chapter at the end of Act II or something, because events just didn't quite click between the end oh Part II and the beginning of Part III for me.

At the end of part II so far as I could tell (And hey perhaps I missed something) Arden and Sheila had pretty much agreed that since the situation was generally way out of control, they would not let anything come between them again. There is no medium setting for those two.. they either hate each other or they.. well.. they at least have affection, the darkness of the story doesn't really see them ever expressing their love very much.

Nonetheless, suddenly the story shoots forward in time, and here Sheils is shacked up with this other guy, with an unending, unbending hatred for Arden. I was disappointed by that, a feeling which hasn't really changed a lot in the subsequent 23 chapters. I don't feel like rooting for either of them, because they are both horrible to each other. I'm definitely curious what will become of the whole thing, but I can't help feeling like something untold transpired to so drastically change the situation in that glossed-over period of time.

Man, I talk too much. I'll shut up now. Wink
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: While waiting for the new chapter to appear.. Reply with quote

Nikas wrote:

By all means do... Twisted Evil
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: While waiting for the new chapter to appear.. Reply with quote

RealDesertFox wrote:
Nikas wrote:

By all means do... Twisted Evil

What you want him to talk or to not talk? Lets be clear here.

I read IC and love the story. And I too was confused at the start of Act III. But I love a good read an Hikaru makes a GREAT story.

Yeah, I feel the same way too, as I'm not sure I like rooting for either of them.

I do like some of the new characters in III though...I really want to see what happens with Hecate and the Jacobs boy.

Nikas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Hmm.. Reply with quote

*blinks at RealDesertFox*

*shrugs*

Perhaps I should more directly ask, am I the only reader who thinks the two main characters don't really go much out of their way to give each other any kind of leeway, even after having big emotional make-up sessions periodically? Smile

I like the new characters too.. always fun to have some extra side-plots to read about. Assuming at some point one or both of the main characters returns to the ZZ universe, knowing that they have made enemies across the various realms would tend to haunt them I would think. How could you return to any kind of a normal life after such a sweeping series of adventures? It'd be hard, I bet.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the both of them are learning the old adage "Be careful what you wish for - you might get it."

Arden started this thing wishing for the gorgeous girl, forgetting that there might be a real person there. (Admittedly, when it first happened, she was nothing more than a picture on a screen.)

She decided to do something life-changing, without asking the other involved for his permission.

Doesn't help that a demon lord, or Satan, or whatever the BEEEP he is, is involved in all this.

Kinsfire

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

righto

Arden has his own issues, and Sheila has hers too. Deep down I think they do love each other, just at different periods. As for Lakash....

I don't like him much.

swiftfoxhound

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I forgot to put a "SPOILER WARNING" here. Sad

Dont forget that Satan acctually said that the first wish that Arden made, forced Shela to love him. When he canceled that wish things went downhill, and they are regreting a lot of their actions. As far as if they ever return to their own worlds, thats still kinda in the air. ZigZag was arested for murder remember? Most likely they the whole studio is under now, but thats just a posibility. Confused

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftfoxhound wrote:
Dont forget that Satan acctually said that the first wish that Arden made, forced Shela to love him. When he canceled that wish things went downhill, and they are regreting a lot of their actions. As far as if they ever return to their own worlds, thats still kinda in the air. ZigZag was arested for murder remember? Most likely they the whole studio is under now, but thats just a posibility. Confused

Hmmm... I don't know that the studio would fold just because Zig was in the slammer. Also, she's got a pretty good lawyer who I'm sure would get her out on bail/bond. Even if she didn't get out, there are others at the studio who I'm sure would step in to pick up the slack in the meantime.

BTW: Next chatper is at the editor's and as a bonus for taking way too long, it's almost 10 printed pages long rather than the usual 6.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nikas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:25 pm    Post subject: Hmm.. Reply with quote

Arden is definitely an interesting character. Even in the beginning he quickly proved to be someone very much wanting to be in control of every situation. Even when playing around he had a tendency to do that, and with the influx of power it definitely increased in later chapters.

At the same time, he often realizes not long after doing something that perhaps it wasn't the best idea. Not being the type to take crap from anyone to begin with, I'm not mystified that he eventually drove Sheila away, especially once the first wish was nullified. It doesn't mean they won't come to feel for each other again down the road, but it's possible.

I know people with a personality like his, who do things and immediately regret them. You often don't know how to feel, because on some level you realize they are just overly impulsive. They can be extremely likeable people 95% of the time and then do something completely maddening. If it happens enough, a line gets drawn somewhere, even by those who love them... whether or not they were under a spell. Wink
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm.. Reply with quote

Nikas wrote:
Arden is definitely an interesting character. Even in the beginning he quickly proved to be someone very much wanting to be in control of every situation. Even when playing around he had a tendency to do that, and with the influx of power it definitely increased in later chapters.

At the same time, he often realizes not long after doing something that perhaps it wasn't the best idea. Not being the type to take crap from anyone to begin with, I'm not mystified that he eventually drove Sheila away, especially once the first wish was nullified. It doesn't mean they won't come to feel for each other again down the road, but it's possible.

I know people with a personality like his, who do things and immediately regret them. You often don't know how to feel, because on some level you realize they are just overly impulsive. They can be extremely likeable people 95% of the time and then do something completely maddening. If it happens enough, a line gets drawn somewhere, even by those who love them... whether or not they were under a spell. Wink

having been one of those people for a LONG time in my life, I was blessed by an understanding wife with a LARGE heavy pot to hit me every time I was being that way.

I owe everything I am today to my loving wife

A lumpy headed partial success with a fear of heavy objects.

ROFL

Nikas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I owe everything I am today to my loving wife

A lumpy headed partial success with a fear of heavy objects.

Well, I know how that goes alright.. while not married, my longtime GF does a good job of beating sense back into me when I go off into my own little world. While is.. y'know.

Always. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: