Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too many ideas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Too many ideas! Reply with quote

What do you do when you have too many ideas? Lately I seem to have way too many story ideas.

I was wondering what some of you other writers do when you have this problem. Do you write them all down and sort them out later, or do you just write down what works best? Do you keep them as notes for later, or just toss them aside when you’re done?

mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wen I have too many possibilities running around in my head, I find that if I ponder it and sleep on it, my muse will usually help me decide which one I want to pursue. I keep notes for the ones I might want to use later in a story but not yet, so that I don't forget them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GriffinX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personaly i use a digital voice recorder that way i can just bable on and on then go back and review what i said and berate my self for the realy stupid stuff i come up with. i find you realy have to have an orginsed thought to write it down in notes. so i use the recorder when i can't stay on one topic which is like 90% of the time.
http://www.freewebs.com/griffinxango/
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard of using voice recorders, but really I find I'm more of a visual worker myself. usually I just keep all of them written down in a thick notebook where I normally forget about them before I lose them anyways.
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write them down or make a list of them on my computer then put them in an idea folder.

You may not use all the ideas on this story but if you have a list you can look back on you can use it on other stories when you get writers block.

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
DragonWolf_keny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow a reply! I stopped watching this thread after so long.

Lately I haven't had trouble with righter's block, but I have way too much material to work with. Right now my biggest worry is money, all broke and no job to be found Crying or Very sad . I need to hit it big, and write professionally, but well at least I can dream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: