Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sara & Dorothy Cases
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunningCat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: The Sara & Dorothy Cases Reply with quote

While I have been working hard on my stories I have got at least on (that is not to long). This is not the first in the series but it is one of my favorites. I plan on posting other cases (or tails) from these two characters.

RunningCat
Teric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...

Sara doesn't know where she came from, doesn't know her parents, carries a gun around, but seems to be unsure as to whether she even pulled the trigger.

She pulls crazy stunt moves and saves Dorothy from aggressive males, then blacks out. Seems to be somewhat unsure of herself, but happy to have Dorothy as a friend.

Moreover, it looks like the Mayor knows something about her, but what?

Where did she come from? Who is she really? And why is she having visions of human faces (do humans exist in this world)?

I can see how this might develop into a cool story. Do you plan to continue?

Also, you probably want to check your work over for spelling errors--I found a number of them in the story. I still enjoyed it, but misspelled words tend to jar me out of the story world when I see them.

RunningCat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetric, thank you for the feed back. I am sorry about the spelling errors I thought I caught all of them. I sometimes get a little busy a think I checked the story over for spelling errors (I have a huge problem with their and there).

Now as to the other items. Yes humans exist in this world furries are just what make up about 98% of the city that many of the stories take place in. They are shunned by many humans so they have built up their own community. It will make more sense as more stories about these two come out.

Sara's past is a sort of common theme threw out the stories but I do not want to give to much away just bits and pieces over each story. I just figured getting Dorothy's family out of the way will help. She is kind of cute not really sure of the world type of person as you can sort of tell in this first of (I hope) many many stories.

I am already working on another Sara & Dorothy case and you get a little more about them.

Thanks again for your feedback and look forward to getting more stories out their (sp?) See what did I say.

Also look forward in the future for pictures of these two showing up as I going to have some one commissioned to draw them.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am nearing the end of another case. Unfortunately I still do not have an editor and even when I do edit my own stories they still seam to have so many grammar mistakes that it drives readers to not be able to fully enjoy my stories like I want them to.

Anyway if you can look beyond the grammar (PLEASE) I will upload my next story soon from this series of cases and I will do my best to try an cut down on the mistakes.

RunningCat
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have finished another story but it needs some editing so that people can enjoy it with out going #Crazy so you will have to give me a little more time before you can enjoy another of Sara and Dorothy case.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that editing seams to take a whole longer (for me) than the actual writing part of making a story. Why is that? Could it be that I while I edit I am more critical of my writing so that I can people enjoy the story more or is remind me to much of being back in school where we had to do all our corrections????

Anyway while I am working on the edit I am also writing another story at the same time to hopefully have more stories out there at time. Or at the very least a shorter amount of time between the different tales.

RunningCat
Teric

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Editing can take a long time, but it's an important step in the process. I usually complete a chapter, then go back and read it over 3 or 4 times myself. I often find grammar errors, spelling errors, or just simple awkward wording that I need to fix. Once I can read it through and am satisfied with it, I ask a 2nd and 3rd pair of eyes to read through it to see their take on it.

It is a process, to be sure, but it makes a big difference when you finally present your work to the public.

RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you there. What I have been having fun with is that these are self contained stories all in themselves (does that make sense) where as another story I have been writing I have had to put on the side as it was starting to drive me nuts and I need the feeling of accomplishing SOMETHING which is where writing the short stories helps. My thing is having other people read my stories over when all I want to do is have a WHOLE lot people read it as I get really excited by people reading my stuff.

Oh well I guess I will have to keep working on maybe by having two pieces of work done at the same time will make everything feel more comftrable.

RunningCat

PS Thanks Teric for the comments, I always appreciate all comments as long as they are constructive.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finished typing up the second story now the hard part of editing it. While I am doing that I have also begun typing up another of the Sara & Dorothy cases that I have written in long hand. Someday I will get them posted and then people will go WOW (not the game) those are interesting. At least I hope so.

So stay tuned PLEASE and I will do my best at making them readable as best I can.

RunningCat
RunningCat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I said I am STILL working on these stories. It seams real life always gets in the way or another story pops in my head and I start writing that one. Any way there are several stories in this series that I am writing, written, or have scraps of post-its posted around. I have several stories titles as well for each.

Just to tide you over here are a few of them
Sara and Dorothy Meet
Humans Have Fur Too
Furry In Las Vegas
Trouble in China Town
Poles and Strippers
Dorthy's Family

These are all stories that I have some work done on them the first one I am actually completely rewriting as I do not like how short it is and I felt it need some more.

Here are some more titles that I have ideas about
Going Mental
School Days
When the Chips are Down
Choices (a tentative story title)

these are all stories with Sara and Dorothy

I just thought I would let you see how my mind works

RunningCat
RunningCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to complain BUT WHY IS SO HARD TO GET MY STORIES FINISHED
ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

Any way I have almost 2 stories from this series nearly completely edited and all the that need to be done is rewritten and then posted for all you fine people.

I would like to have this done by the end of August, however you never know what might come up so I will not completely guarantee anything. All I hope is that you enjoy the stories.

RunningCat
RunningCat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a follow up question I wanted to ask. If I post a before edit and after edit together do you think people would read both just to see what the differences are? It was I thought I had as I was editing today and I make changes that do not really change the story but could to much editing be bad.

Any way I just thought I would put this out there.

RunningCat
Teric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure the general public would be interested in the edits, Cat. Though there are a number of editors on this board that might want to see them, and give some feedback. Are you self-editing? Or do you have a 2nd pair of eyes looking over your work?
RunningCat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty much self editing as I can afford an editor but I believe that they are a whole lot better in the most recent edit draft than before as I spend a whole lot of time going back and forth over a sentence and paragraphs to make sure they sound better. In many cases I am finding that taking out many words makes it even better.

RunningCat
RunningCat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wondering if any one use those voice recognition software to write with. I have thought of using one to help me get a story written faster.

RunningCat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: