Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elfen's Sites Progress Reports
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Elfen's Sites Progress Reports Reply with quote

Due to the attacks on both my server almost 2 months ago, and PF's server during the New Year, I decided to put up a progress report to tell everyone who reads my guff as to where they can go if either or any site goes down.

As of late, there are 3 locations:
1) personal server:
http://fernandogutierrez.net/personal/
2) PlanetFurry's Server:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/
3) The Old Raccon's Bookshelf (and its mirror) in PDF Format:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~mjriv/
http://raccoons-bookshelf.com

Thanks you Rick and Mike for your help Mr. Green

Last edited by Elfen_Furry on Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress Report for 1/12/03:

http://fernandogutierrez.net/personal/ is up, and Dandilion's Story updated with Chapter 7c.

http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/ is up, but with problems which wont allow me to update the stories on ftp yet. Whiplash is on it and will take care of the problem as he restores the PF Site. Chapters up to 7b on Danilion's Story are accessable and readable.

http://www.planetfurry.com/~mjriv/ - the Old Racoon's Book Shelf, I'll assume that Mike has the same problems as I do. Stories are not updated until the site is restored.

http://raccoons-bookshelf.com - The Old Raccoon's Bookshelf Mirror Site is up and running; Stories have been updated, including my Dandilion's Chapter 7c.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progress Report for 1/27/03:

3 Cheers For WhipLash! His hard work in getting PF up and running is a miracle. He still has many things to clear up through out the site, but despite all- damn it!- a great job was done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All sites are up and running.
Unfortunately, I have yet to update the PF Site.

Also, the replacement laptop is an older model, but what the hey! Its free and it will get me typing again... I so hate chiseling away on stone...

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fernandogutierrez.net is down due to the ISP's T1 connection going down. I believe its a micro fur running around between the walls and having lunch on this tastey pcv covered wires. They believe it a construct accident not too far away when a back hoe snags onto a cable conduit and rips it out of the ground. I'm placing my $5 on the Micro-Fur...

The site should be back up with in the next 24 - 48 hours, one the break inb the network is found.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, as I thought- its the filter that screws up my PF access... just connected my laptop to the network here, which runs flawlessly at home and elsewhere, but nothing works right here.

I put the trailer into the my PF account:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/fandc/trailer.html

Have fun with it.

I'm also currently updating the PF files on Dandiloins so that the 2 sites match. PF was behind for a while, they should now be equal after today.

Mike has responded eariler when PF got back online that his library is up-to-date with the chapter updates and corrections.

Any questions?
Concolor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

My, oh, my.

That was ...... dark. But quite good.

When do we get to see more of it?

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, Mano.

As autobiographical as this seems, I am looking forward to the next installment.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you guys, I'll post an occassional random subchapter every so often. To steal a line from Mr Chuck Dickie.... "This was the best of times, this was the worst of times."

I'll post them at both sites; when they are working. FG.net is still down until that t1 cable connection is repaired- so during the meantime it will be posted here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Laptop Update:
Got the unit yesterday, it too has a dead screen (shattered), but at least I might be able to swap enough parts to get the old one back up and running. The screenon the old one is fine, other than the cracked shell and broken connecting wires inside. Something about Frankenstiening your own system to keep it alive, just hope it wont be demanding for a mate and turn on me Mr. Green

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Site reports; nothing's changed, still waiting for the telecom to finish their repairs to get FG.net backup and running again. Funny, since the server is connected to the local ISP's network, it thinks that everything's running fine. Shocked

Until next time- Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/29- FG.net is up again... T1's been repaired (or temporarily switched for the meantime). Just gt to up date the trailer files when I get a chance. Hopefull by tonight.

So as of today- all 3 sites are up and running.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Perhaps I spoke too soon. Server's down due to the incompetence of various factors that call themselves network technicians.

Among various problems, giving the entire site a new IP Address Block and giving my server a whole new IP # are the easiest to resolve. But the other issue is the network itself- its 1/2 flakey and probably more damaged that previously thought. Some machines can get Internet access, others cant (internal issues). Connection's slow to resolve (Configuration Issues on my server, but its also a slower T1 connection, a Frac-T1).

I've talked to te ISP manager and we discussed about the network situation. Hopefully things will be up again in less than the end of this up coming week.

ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG.net is still down due to those morons ability to take a fine running network for smearring it against the floor with their foot!

Due to my time constraints, I cant drop by and give them the tongue lashing that they deserve, but if thimgs are not clears up and running by Wednesday- HEADS WILL ROLL!

OPPS: My fault on this one.
Vampire's Drought was not updated in the PF Site, though I swear to those things I hold holy that I did. I probably updated the FG.net site and not the PF site; and we all know what's going on with the FG.net site. I'll upload the updates (up to Chapter 31) either today or tomarrow.

The Trailer subchapters haved not been updated as like I promised. Appologies on that, life has gotten in the way, and it seems that I'll have to finish the updates later on.
Among the things that got in the way:

Columbia Tradegy, as my mother said of it (Old Spanish Saying- so dont get it wrong, I dont question these things...)- They/We had a wonderful day.

FG.net Server Going Down, waiting for those to do their jobs, and at the time, me forgetting my laptop to reconfigure it. They "promised" that they'll reconfigure it, but its been 2 days (yes they work on sundays on emergencies) and my server is still down.

Family Stuff; including the death of one of my mom's friends- she used to sell hot dogs at a certain location in Spanish Harlem, so that person will be greatly missed.

Friends Stuff, with friends like these, who needs an insane family... I GOT BOTH!

Etc., Etc., Etc., Etc....

HEY! How About Some Input Here!!! It gets lonely you know!
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
HEY! How About Some Input Here!!! It gets lonely you know!

OK.

plugs IBM selectric type 180 into Elfen's Forum.

Lets see:
If Elfen was a woodchuck, what would Tygon Be?

As far as your stuff goes, I like it, and am looking forward to finishing it. Also, I'm not really into Vampire stories, but your other writing screams READ THAT YOU BUFFOON!!!!
and since I listen to other peoples writings more than the voices in my head...I will read it!

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Keep up the input... it was getting too quiet here!

IBM Selectric 180? *Drool!!!*

I think I have a caligraphy ball for it! Mr. Green Got to find it though...

Mike- I got the message from Chris/Assa, and many thanks. I did do a chapter update in V.D. when PF was own, but *damn!*, mine fell twice after then.

Fish- beware of V.D.'s Chapter's 29. It puts to question those things SkunkFox was speaking off in his "new" book.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2/6/2K3 Update:
Vampire's Drought updated on PF site. Added chapters 30 - 32, and a chapter list update.

added on the trailer:
http://www.planetfurry.com/~elfen/fandc/trailerindex.html

A tiny index to zip by the trailer subchapters as needed, and added the ending court scene, still not the ending, but very close to it. Also added a who's who, to see the crazed nuts involved, including me at the time. Its not a pretty picture.

FG.net is still down, since I was not able to go there today to check on the network issues or to reconfigure the server, will try Friday or Saturday.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the ISP to work on the server, server works, damn gateway's down!

I'll be speaking with one of the network tech's to see what is the problem before I jerri-rig something and take 1/2 the internet with my server the next time it goes down.

So... FG.net is still down. It might be up before the week end, I hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: