Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2AM Phone Call
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21st UPDATE:
Aiesha's doing well, perhaps she'll leave ICU within a week. The bruise in her brain is almost gone (about 94% gone). She's being allowed to walk around, but only with her room and to the ICU Reception area, some 20 feet away, and no further. Problem has cropped up though; the use of blood thinners is not letting her arm to heal as it should. When you brake a bone- the marrow inside causes a blood clot, where when the bone is set into a cast- heals straight again. In her case, the blood clot that was supposed to form in my arm has barely formed, and produced very little improvement in terms of healing. She will be switched to the regular ward, they will work on the arm and observe her for that. Then when it starts to heal again, she will be released. They figure that will be be in 3 weeks.

The ex-from-hell showed up. Actually, she was there before I got there, since the morning, where I just came in during the afternoon. Maybe Aiesha should switch her career from Medicine to UN-Peace Keeper and Translator. They get somewhere about $200/hr. I did not want to argue, or say anything, but the ex wanted questions answered.

Thus the Cathy's secret of her twin is now out, though it never was meant to be. This secret was created life itself; the twin lived her own life separate from her sister that I married. Thus very few of us Shortfellows knew, and all said nothing about it because we did not think it mattered. Most of them did not liked Cathy, and having a second one around- would have wreaked hovok on a lot of people's egos. So I told the ex about this, and told her to verify the information with those Shortfellows in league with her. She will get her verification soon enough.

Sometimes I swear that running the Shortfellow Society (a fraternal order) is no better than being the queen of England. Sure, the title's nice, and there's a fwe perks I could not do with out, but the headaches, I swear! Sometimes its just not worth it.

Speaking of which, its been 6 days that I have had this headache; a migraine. Its that to a point where I'm just riding on the endorphines that my bodies are producing. I already spoken to by Dr. about it, he thinks its a delayed reaction of the chemo. Either way, I feel extremely weak, tired and this headache just wont simply go away. Its really causing me to concentrate hard on doing things that I need to do.

The Ex and I had dinner together, as per Aiesha's idea. Nothing fancy, and there was a lot of teeth pulling, just for a few simple things. It happened at the local sizzler, not far from the hotel. But eventually we talked. It was not easy. At least I claimed my threat to the extinction of the bolvine race, and to a couple of galiforms as well.

Anyways, I got to rest. Aiesha sends her thanks and love to everyone here. I thank you all for wishing her well.
Take care y'all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22nd UPDATE::
No changes, though there is improvements everyday for Aiesha.
The ex-from-hell was there at about the same I was. I just sat down and remained silent while they had their time together. The ex does not trust me for what ever reason that bug in her ass keeps bugging her. I swear, at times she treats me as if I gave her a disease. But enough of her. Of course I had to step out of the room for her to take care of her daily needs; the sooner she gets into the regular ward, the better. I would have killed with no bathroom around.

We left around 11:30 when morning visiting hours ended. We had lunch together, though I wish we didn't. I went to a nearby Arby's, and had a burger with fries and a soda: typical, and cheap. She complained about the fast food place. I did not care- food is food. She ordered some chicken with fries and a drink. Though we were silent inthe begining, she dared bring up the question that so many others had brought up that knoew that I was dating my wife's twin: "Was/Am I going out with her because she is the twin of the wife and as such, have her as a replacement?" Everytime I get that question, I am insulted.

My answer is/was/will always be 'No.'

Then she wanted proof.

I did not want to answer, but had too. And doing so, had to do it in such a way that could not be questioned or thrown back once it is thrown to her. Thus, I gave her the answer: Aiesha.

Even though we broke up and she not telling me of the secret of the child being born while she was in college, I sent her a series of checks, knowing that shortly after we broke up, so did her parents and thus their support of her while she was in Cornell. If I would have known that we had a child then, I would have supported her and the baby further than the 4+ years I did, and would have made it known that it was I who was supporting her and not hiding behind some charitable organization as I did. I hid because I knew at the time that in her pride and prejudice, that she would have rejected the money sent. Thus, without question, I supported her when she needed me, though I wish she would have told me what happened.

She did something that she did not did in the past 25+ years we had known each other, she appologized.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the abrupt ending there. Some idiot pulled the fire alram in the hotel so I unplugged as quickly as I pressed [SUBMIT].

Well, I just dont know what to say. She appologized. But in my Roman Catholic ways, there has to be more than just an appology. There are at least 7 steps in the process, and she has only begun one of them. I have to submit two of them: Forgiveness and Acceptence. I really dont know if I can. Or that I would want too.

Then there is the husband, not that I care about him, because I dont. He's been a thorn on my side since we first met. Nor has he been obligitory in the the things he needs to be in. In short, a little common courtsey goes a lot longer than making excuses for being black. I have never made an excuse for my situations, handicaps or colour of my skin and culture; the downfalls that I have had in my life, with the exception of a couple, have all been my fault, and I make no excuses for them. He makes an excuse about everything, including his George Jefferson looking Bald head, his dark skin and his glasses. How Aiesha made it through that life time of poisoning, I dont know. Then again, if its genetics working, I have had to filter out a lot of crap in my life, thus the filtering gene must be on my side. Yay Genetics... *PUKES*

Well. I have to sit down about this and have a long bus ride tomarrow to do it in. First- I have to see a Dr. here about a double ear infection that I just got when I arrived here, make sure I'm not carrying something home with me that I shouldn't. Then again it could have been the ears setting up their own protection from the ex's constant yammering by clogging themselves up.

Everything else, what can I say?
Good night everybody.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
I have had to filter out a lot of crap in my life, thus the filtering gene must be on my side. Yay Genetics... *PUKES*

...a double ear infection...
Then again it could have been the ears setting up their own protection from the ex's constant yammering by clogging themselves up.
Well if you don't clean out filters (puke) often enough, they tend to clog up (thus, the ear infection). Wink Rolling Eyes
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amiga,
These filters have a lifetime garentee, though it does not mention if it was meant to be my lifetime or theirs. Nor did it say anything about maintenence. Mr. Green

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23rd UPDATE:
I did not mention anything recently because there was nothing much to say. Aiesha is scheduled to leave ICU on Tuesday, after one last test on Monday. Then she will bein the regular ward for a couple of weeks to see if her arm starts to heal. She will be released when that starts to happen.

Personally, things can be at their best and worse at the sametime. Just a lot of personal issues to deal with. It seems that the more I try to clean house of the interpersonal crap in my life, somebody comes along with a dump truck and piles it high and deep on top of me.

But frak* it, I'm beyond that. I got a life to live.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Update:
Prelude to the 24th Update.

Before I go upstate to my Aiesha, I'm just noting that this has been along month. Hopefully this will be the last I see her in the Intensive Care Unit, and that she should be place into the regular ward for minor things before being let go.

I expect to see the Ex over there, possibly even seeing her husband too, none of which matters to me. I just want to see my little, but grown up girl, and see how she's doing. Futhermore, the state police still wants me to give a statement as to what I think should be done-more like an opinion than anything else. I really dont want to be bothered with legal matters or personal vendettas against the Ex.

Speaking of which, I am also thinking about what to do with her appology. I really dont know. Forgive and forget? I may forgive but I never forget, reason being: her actions almost cost a life and there is nothing worse that a parent burying their child, than perhaps a husband burying his wife. She almost put me in a position where I would have to relive such pains again.

But I've been thinking on that. Before I can reciprocate forgiveness to her, she has to appologize to our daughter for many things. Then she has to appologize to me of accusing of taking advantage of our girl. Then I'll forgive... maybe.

Until later tonight, if not tomarrow- Take care 'all.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

25th UPDATE:
Keeping it short.
Tomorrow Aiesha goes to her last brain scan and other tests, and if all goes well, she goes to the regular ward the following for a couple of weeks to let the blood thinners wear off and have her arm set and heal again.
Her cranial and facial bandages were removed weeks ago, and she's healed almost perfectly, and a demetologist can repair the rest (minor scarring that looks like acne scars when her head and face got it by the window and ground). She tells me that the dizziness is going away and the headache too.
Its been one hell of a month.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26th UPDATE:
Since I have been recieving a higher number of daily text messages and faster responses, I can assume that she was transfered to the regular ward. She's already sent me the information, so enough with the assuming, all has been verfied. Now, its another two weeks or sooner to see if her broken arm starts to heal.

These weeks are long and argious, if not in the least- demanding. If in a better state, I think I could handle things a bit better. But without her constantly reminding me that I can do better in the state that I am in, I would have gone out and kicked some damn ass; namely the ex-from-hell and her husband.

Interestingly though, she had sent me an idea. Be the dog that I am and take out two ladies at once: the ex-from-heaven and the ex-from-hell. In the rules of the dating game, the one who asks for the date, is the one who pays. Well, there goes my credit card. But the idea is this- let the ex-from-hell know the full secret of the wife's twin from the personal perspective of the twin's behalf. Its not that I intentionally hid anything from anyone, and mostly everyone from the group who needed to know that I was going out with her, knew about it. Its just thats how things went and fell into place.

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Update:
If there was a constant of balance that needs to be maintained in the universe, then anything good that happens to my friends and family must be followed by something bad must happen to me. So be it, I accept it to be so.

Just got the results from my post cancer treatments, and all is not well. Its not that it came back, thats the good news if any consolation is to be given.
Back in August, I had to take a double dose of the thearpy, because I essentially pee'd out the first batch with a little too much thearpy. So the following week, I took another dose, which has left me very weak. This and all this bull crap that I have to accept with the WTC Health Commission, is not good for my psychie.

Bad News: One of the drugs I used causes the shrinking of capillaries, so in shrinking the capillaries in the tumor, it should die it. As theory goes, it did. But It shrank capillaries elsewhere through out the body, and has caused damage. The most serious being those around the sensory nerves and their organs, this damage can not ever be repaired. Damage elsewhere will be repaired once the capilliaries grow back.

This explains the slight tinglely feeling I have in my fingers and toes, but it seems to come and go- so it could be possible that they are healing. But most importantly, it explains the reason why I am seeing things as if it were in a fog, there is some retinal damage.

For me being blind is not a bad thing. Hell, my eyes are shot to pieces anyways from an accident back in '78. (Yes, I'm old.) What really worries me that how others will treat it. Also, to what extent will it continue to deteriorate, or will it stay like this for the rest of my life?

It also explains may other things- my sense of smell is dulled and my ability to taste is thrown out of whack. I have no one to blame but myself for this one, in trying to take short cuts into extending this life, I have caused damage to it.

But Like I said many times before- I am not going to let anything stop me from enjoying my life and to keep me from achieving my goals that I have set for myself. May others learn from this when I'm gone- Damn the torpoedoes, Full Steam Ahead!

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27th UPDATE:
(Hopefully the last.)
Aiesha will be leaving the hospital on Friday, the 13th...
and I just realized what day that is... lol!

Her 'parents' will be picking her up at the hosptial, to bring her home, their home, in Brooklyn. I will be waiting at the bus station when they arrive, then a long cab ride home for her.

Very_Itchy_Fur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hugs her bio-father*
There is no problem that we cant solve... See you soon.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Welcome home! Reply with quote

Welcome back, we've been hoping and praying you'd make a quick recovery.
Very_Itchy_Fur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AmigaDragon, it means a lot.
And thanks to everyone else too! Very Happy
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good news for a change, Aiesha's cast comes off on in 3 weeks, slated for 11/22.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: