Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome to the human race, you fool...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the human race, you fool... Reply with quote

A word of warning to all sensitives on the list, who live in the NYC area - for the love of whatever God/Goddess/Principle you hold holy, do NOT go to the Penn Station Rotunda unshielded.

They have a small memorial set up in the rotunda, consisting of a day's worth of photographs, which have been hung on three girders. The photos were taken 9-12-2001. Anyone need guess where the girders came from, as well as the rubble around the base?

The reason for the first paragraph is that when I saw it tonight, about three hours ago, I felt as if I had been physically assaulted by the psychic energy coming from the girders. Over 2000 people left their auras in that metal, and it hurts. I'm going into the city again tomorrow, and I have every intention of stopping by there again, if only because it's time I joined the Fscking human race. Sure, I felt anger when it happened, but I felt no sorrow for the dead. It took me mere days shy of a year to begin to feel what the REAL cost was on 9-11.

I understand now, Goddess help me, and luckily for you, I can't properly begin to describe the horror I felt from those beams.

Kinsfire

No stupid signature line this time, either...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rava

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the fear of that day. I didnt have a radio or a tv then. I came into work and a co-worker told me WWIII had broken out over NY and NJ that 25,000 were expected to be dead and they were evcacuating Toronto's downtown core. They were worried about the terrorists taking out the CN tower since all planes not landing in the US were coming to Canada.

She couldnt give me anymore news then that. I ran over to another store in the mall and asked them what was going on and got a semi- report on the attack in NY and Penn. Needless to say I was freaked rigth out since NJ is smackdab in the middle of the two crash sites.

Right after the second tower fell is when I finally got through to Josh's place and was told about what was actually happening.

That half hour was the worst half hour I had ever lived through, trying to find out what had happened. I remember feeling so relieved as the number of expected dead fell each day.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catspaw (who'll probably post later) made the interesting note that everyone should spend a day as a refugee, to understand better.

She works up by the UN. She got in to work, and was told to leave - work was closed. She walked from 1st and 48th up to Central Park West and 89th, where a friend of ours lives. She and this friend eventually walked to the wharf district which I think is down in the 30's somewhere on 12th Avenue, to catch a ferry that was ferrying (surprise! Smile) people to NJ. She eventually got home.

I never got in to work that day. I was also never so glad that I work a weird shift, because were I a 9 to 5'er, I'd have been in the Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) station in the WTC when the first plane hit, and could have potentially still been in the area when they fell.

It's about frggin' time I started to feel for the dead, though.

Kinsfire

Rava

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:

It's about frggin' time I started to feel for the dead, though.

Kinsfire

Everybody needs time to deal with things in their own time hon. You're ready to deal with that bit of greif now. There is no shame in that honey.

The shame would be if you had never gotten to this point in your whole life. You never would've understood the true loss. Feel the grief and mourn as you feel you need to but dont ever feel guilty for not mourning sooner. You just weren't ready.
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no words to describe that day but... i remember that i got to work and the recepcionist said something to another job buddy that a plane hit the WTC... i looked back and asked what was going on... but they only told me what they had heard, i asked if they where joking, and she tuned in the radio... and indeed almost all of the radio stations where broadcasting what was happening, i went to my office, and opened up the email client, the first mail i read that day was from Whiplash, and i recall "The first tower just fell..."

i started writing mails to the guys in the US asking what in the hell was going on... and it got quite like a bad dream that day... everyone here was tuning in TVīs, radios and internet news sites... almost everyone here stopped for a whole day to see what was happening... I watched on TV how people leap from the towers to escape the fire... and everyone gasped as they saw what we all saw, i honestly couldnīt believe it... and somehoe i still canīt believe how a bunch of persons became to be such fanatics of an evil plot... i think that this up comming september 11, all of us, US citizens, canadians, mexicans, germans, guatemalans, catholics, muslums, mormons, etc... we take a couple of minutes... breathe deep, look up in the sky and think a bit... what all of those deaths mean?

For me, personally... it means that this world has evil, it exists... it will never sease to be... but, we all have the power to do something about it... and that thing can be anything, for me is being kind to someone, do good deeds, and things that will make us richer in spirit, mind and body. I hope each and everyone of you do come up with something that can help also.

My prayers are with all of you. and yes, May God bless us all.

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2002 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On base, it took a while for the hurt to set in. It was more a feeling of raw, unbridled anger in each and every one of us working on that base. For the next couple of days, there was a palpable feeling of wanting to kill/maim/abjectly destroy something. But apart from nosy reporters, we had literally nothing to take that agression out upon. The feeling of helplessness is what eats away at you.

The anger/pain is still there, even a year later. It's just moved into latent form; something that I apply to my work each time I think of what I'm helping to do.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the human race, you fool... Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
A word of warning to all sensitives on the list, who live in the NYC area - for the love of whatever God/Goddess/Principle you hold holy, do NOT go to the Penn Station Rotunda unshielded.
8<- - - - (Snip!)
I understand now, Goddess help me, and luckily for you, I can't properly begin to describe the horror I felt from those beams.

Kinsfire

At least 3 times a month I travel to Kerney to do some charity work for a very good cause; and one day, actually night- in August- I ran into that "form of art."

On a spiritual sense- those beams resonate with the evil of the spirits of the dead hijackers- for ever locked in their hell to suffer and haunt that which they have destroyed- the lives, the love, and the structures themselves. Unfortunately for a few, however, there were in those towers that do not deserve the rite of paradise, and their unfortunate souls are trapped there as well. All this negative energy adds up. But a strong will and belief system easily defeats them.

I have been there several times, and each time, I felt a bad presence trying to get my attention- sort of speak. I have to close myeyes and mentally yell at it to go away, and it does.

But working at the site for the short while that I did, when in finding the last survivor in the following day- there was what I can sense a strange sensation of.... "Its Alright..." We all had this feeling that the last survivor that was found was going to be it, but a strange calm and quiet hung there and we continued the job as it was required. It can not be described what so ever.

I only did first aide there (as a Red Cross First Aide Tech), helping the rescue workers with their injuries they got from the superheroic deeds they did. I'm not lieing when I say that the rescue workers there, went in and bare-handedly lifted slabs of concrete by themselves which would have required aid of a crane, and thrown into the awaiting trucks. From that alone, I treated them for the blisters and laserations. Even after telling them to rest and to heal- they continued on. Remember- there were no cranes or heavy equipment there until the following week, after I left.

Even the rescue dogs- had this look of them of serenity, even though the job was undaunting and doomed to be a failure in finding trapped lives, they continued on. I only lasted less than a week there, and seek no reward or recognition for my job done there. So make no mention of it to me.

Though it has faded now, back then, if I were to decribe it, though the place looked and reeked of the gates of hell, it was like the peace one would get if they were to walk into the light when they reach their end. The entire site was like that, serene, quiet, peaceful. Bountiful of but only the good energy. Any negative energy, though trapped in the material, was cancelled. Cancelled for the ime being until they have a time and a place to express themselves; if in anyway- leased.

That, my friend, if you dont mind me saying so, is what you felt.
Be Strong. Be Vigilant. Be Brave. And Believe that your inner will can block out and defeat what ever, where ever evil dare raises it ugly head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: