Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Systems Block Policy Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwylaFox wrote:
Yep, it says CloudFlare at the bottom. Any idea how to keep it from doing this? My system can't get much cleaner.

I've temporarily whitelisted your public IP address. This will be in place for a few days, then it will expire.

What was showing in the CloudFlare logs was that your IP address had been found spamming other sites and forums. Based on a couple quick searches of your IP, there are other reports of complaints against it, many of which are very recent (a few days old).

If your machine is clean, you probably need to check if any other systems on your network (if your Internet connection is not direct, and you're using a router of some sort) are infected. From what I'm seeing, there is traffic originating from this IP address that would indicate an infected machine spamming sites.
TwylaFox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whip-lash wrote:
What was showing in the CloudFlare logs was that your IP address had been found spamming other sites and forums. Based on a couple quick searches of your IP, there are other reports of complaints against it, many of which are very recent (a few days old).
Rather curious, seeing as the only significant posting I've done recently has been Yahoo Answers and several of the Discovery Channel forums... Hmm...

Do you think my habit of typing longer, more involved posts in notepad and C&Ping them to post may be triggering something? It's kind of become force of habit, given how many times I've lost long, detailed posts because of timeouts, crashes, and countless other glitches.

Only other thing I can possibly think of is there *MIGHT* be something on the laptop... It's never online and is only ever even connected to the house network to move files around, and my BF did copy some stuff onto it from his computer several days ago.

Any chance you might could PM me with what it's reporting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: