Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Reading of PlanetFurry Stories on MP3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Voice Reading of PlanetFurry Stories on MP3 Reply with quote

Not exactly sure where to put this, but since it IS sound and you listen to it with you media player, I suppose it could be put here.

I was rather surprized and flattered when Leonato, a fellow PF furry, e-mailed me and said he'd done a voice reading of my 'Tabi-verse' short story 'Time Enough for Love' and that it was available for download in MP3 format. I think Leonato's done a good reading 'performance' since that's what it is - a performance much like a play. Good voice readers are not that common. Anyway, here's the link.

Time Enough for Love

It comes in various bit rates so those with slower connections don't need to wait forever.

Books on tape have been around for a while and I can see other PF stories being transferred to tape or MP3. Makes them easier to enjoy when driving, relaxing, or whatever.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel is too kind Wink
Seriously folks, I was inspired by this story, and believe in its message. That is why I chose to make a recording of it. I hope you furs enjoy listening to it, as much as I enjoyed recording it. And I hope this story has a chance to inspire you, as much as it has me.

Leonato

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I hope I'll get to listen to it soon.

I remember Fish doing a reading of Gone Wylde on KWKAT. It was pretty good but unfortunately he never got past chapter 4 or 5 (can't remember anymore).

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I have those chapters recorded, but as with everything else around here, interest wanes after a bit.

I just downloaded it and am burning it to cd.

I will listen tonight.

Smile

THanks Cirrel and Leonato!

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
yeah, I have those chapters recorded, but as with everything else around here, interest wanes after a bit.

Hey, could you somehow send me those? I'd like to listen to them again Smile

Journye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fortunate enough to have been able to have this story read to me in person by Leo and he has a very good reading voice, well able to emotions into his words that match what is going on in the story. I hope any who get a chance can listen, its a powerful story both reading it to yourself and hearing it read.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh
Iv been doing similar to this for quite some time
I have a program that reads "With some emotion algarithems" and records to mp3 in witch I have been burning cds... may mis pronounce some but works fine
Example of its misspronountion the word "Don't" it says "Don Tee" (Don T)
and like "Zig Zag's" it says "Zig Zag S"
and there are a bit more flaws in the conversion of other words but cant be helped for dew to motern Technology

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok fellow furs, my recordings of the first two parts of 'The Final Farewell' by TV Dave are now up and available. Now at http://www.micoks.net/~leonato/ (They were moved with everything else). Hope you furs enjoy!

Leonato

Last edited by Leonato on Sun May 16, 2004 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebelSqurl

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Casting for Dramatic Readings? Reply with quote

One idea I've always wanted to see happen at a convention is a "dramatic reading" of a favorite story done by a cast of fans, with each person taking 1-3 roles, and having the session recorded. I think it would be fun, if a lot of work to make it happen, and enjoyable for both participants and those who listen in. Is this a feasible idea, or am I just blowin' smoke?
Cirrel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: Casting for Dramatic Readings? Reply with quote

RebelSqurl wrote:
One idea I've always wanted to see happen at a convention is a "dramatic reading" of a favorite story done by a cast of fans, with each person taking 1-3 roles, and having the session recorded. I think it would be fun, if a lot of work to make it happen, and enjoyable for both participants and those who listen in. Is this a feasible idea, or am I just blowin' smoke?

I like the idea and I believe it's feasible. Many furs enjoy acting and performing, allbeit comedy for the most part. <Thinks of the 'variety shows' at cons.> A dramatic reading would be somewhat easier that a full blown play. Production costs are practically nil and the 'actors' need not memorize their lines. Still, some work is needed which would probably include a run through or rehersal. I see this as being something furs might do if they are all from the same area and can meet occasionally in RL prior to a con. To expect furs to do this only after they meet at the cons might be a bit much as there are other activities to occupy them. Then again, if planned beforehand, a rehersal and final performance at a con might just be doable.

Cirrel.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Casting for Dramatic Readings? Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
I like the idea and I believe it's feasible. Many furs enjoy acting and performing, allbeit comedy for the most part. <Thinks of the 'variety shows' at cons.> A dramatic reading would be somewhat easier that a full blown play. Production costs are practically nil and the 'actors' need not memorize their lines. Still, some work is needed which would probably include a run through or rehersal. I see this as being something furs might do if they are all from the same area and can meet occasionally in RL prior to a con. To expect furs to do this only after they meet at the cons might be a bit much as there are other activities to occupy them. Then again, if planned beforehand, a rehersal and final performance at a con might just be doable.

Cirrel.

Thanks for the feedback, Cirrel! Assuming one could organize such a reading, what would be an ideal story to read and record, in your opinion? Alternately, what would be a good feasible story to work with, given the cast may only have a couple of hours to work with in a quiet room suitable for recording (assuming the event takes place at a convention)?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only recently got to listen to this. Great reading, Leonato.

Are you going to read us more stories? Smile

Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any of the "Adventure Kay" series! LOL!!

Seriously Rebl, there are a LOT of short stories over at the Raccoon's Bookshelf. If you peruse, I'm sure you can find what you need.

Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had come to my attition a while back that my previous post had offended one of our PF members.. Well I am here to right that wrong...
It was never my intention to offend anyone and never has. I extend the fullness of my appoligies to everyone that was offended.
*names were left out to not offend anyone*

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayngi wrote:
Any of the "Adventure Kay" series! LOL!!

Seriously Rebl, there are a LOT of short stories over at the Raccoon's Bookshelf. If you peruse, I'm sure you can find what you need.

Let me second that. I can't speak for the others but if you want to read and record any of my stories, feel free to do so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Music Plaza All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: