Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SITE STATUS, UPDATES AND COMMENTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: SITE STATUS, UPDATES AND COMMENTS Reply with quote

Okay then, well my site has been up for couple of weeks now but I haven't received much feedback on it or the ZZtS fanfic I have there and I was wondering if anyfur has had a chance to look at them now I know you all are busy but I would like some input to help me improve on both the site and my writing both the site and the story are my first venture in either realm so I would really like to hear back from you even if you don't like it even if you think it sucks I want to hear especially on the story what feedback I got over in the ZZ Studio forum was positive but I think the furs there were just being kind so please if you have the time check out my site and tell me what you honestly think thanks much. Smile

Last edited by Styx on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so far I got a few tumbleweeds blowing through so I figure it's about time to update the site a little. I've added some backgrounds to some of the pages and put a few pics on the art page [desperate plea] I hope to add more soon if some of you swell good hearted and generous artists would be so kind as to donate some pics [/desperate plea] many thanks to El Maxx and Mapper for two of the pics I have up.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a Christmas gift pic I received from Rava; last night also embedded a midi file on the home page works in IE and Opera, can't seem to get it to work in Mozilla though Confused maybe Mozilla just doesn't have what it takes oh well. I should be adding some pictures of past RL fishing trips if anyfur is interested in that, I still haven't received any real feedback on the site or my story Sad I'm thinking of posting an announcement of my forum and site in Blither Blather, but judging from the view count furs are visiting the forum so I assume they’re going to the site too I guess I should get one of those Amy Squirrel hit counters (can anyfur tell me how I can get it, I tried looking on EWS productions but I seemed to have missed it).

Mapper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are welcome my friend
Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice page, Styx.

So that's what Ray gave out as present... makes me wish I had noticed that BEFORE Christmas.

Anyway, I hope you'll be very successful with the page. I'll try to read the story once I get some more time on my paws.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A minor bit for these old tired eyes. When I try to read your story, the text is rather difficutl to read against your wallpaper. Could you please adjust it to a contrasting color?

Thanks,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this was a concern of mine I tried to find a contrast that seemed okay to me but still seemed a little hard to see I'll see what changing the font color to black does thanks for the input. Very Happy

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
You know this was a concern of mine I tried to find a contrast that seemed okay to me but still seemed a little hard to see I'll see what changing the font color to black does thanks for the input. Very Happy

That is going to be a toughie, finding a text color that'll work against all the colors of your wallpaper. I suppose that's one reason I didn't use wallpaper on my site. Good luck, though, 'cause I really want to read your story.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what do you think, If I change the font color to black and increase the font size that should make it easier ro read, yes?

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Well what do you think, If I change the font color to black and increase the font size that should make it easier ro read, yes?

It'll help a bit. My own advice would be a cyan or light blue for the text. As 'tis, I find it most easy to read by selecting all the text and highlighting it so I've got white text on a dark blue highlight. Not fancy, but it works.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thanks for the tip I'll give it a try or maybe I'll just nix the background no need for the story page to be over complicated since the thing I readers focusing on is the story itself.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I made some small changes to the story page designed to make the story easier to read I dumpped the wallpaper, changed the font color and size

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Okay I made some small changes to the story page designed to make the story easier to read I dumpped the wallpaper, changed the font color and size

Much more legible t these old eyes. Thank you very much.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: 3/21/04

What's this? Holy crap, it's an update! Yep I finally got off my tail and updated this sucker, it's nothing major just some pictures of past fishing trips I should have some "slice of life" pictures up as soon as I transfer them into my workhorse system, I hope you enjoy as always comments and tips are welcomed =^_^=

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Another update already well a minor one a couple of photos in the fishing page of my buddy Lucas and his catches yesterday at Irvine lake the bastard I got skunked this time out. also posted a link to Leonato's Recordings, I am happy and honored to announce that he has chosen to do a voice adaptation of 'A Two Way Street' check it out and be sure to give a listen to his other works.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> styx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: