Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 37 is up...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
hikaru
Administrator


Joined: 20 Nov 2000
Posts: 1565
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Chapter 37 is up... Reply with quote

... and it's a long one. 10 pages of text. Almost double what I normally do. This should answer a LOT of questions people have had about the armor and a few other things.

Cheers

_________________
Read my comic: http://www.ImperialGelf.com
Read my stories at http://www.IC-Stories.com
http://katayamma.deviantart.com/

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner


Joined: 25 Dec 2002
Posts: 3176
Location: West Covina, California

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy talk about getting your nose rubbed in it I wonder if Sheila's behavior towards Arden will change now that she been given a full account of just how badly she's treated him I don't think she realized her betrayals
_________________
"Political Correctness is tyranny with manners." Charlton Heston

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Smoky Joe
Registered User


Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 24
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we see what goes on behind the scenes. So the armor went haywire because the spirit in it would rather kill Arden than continue to suffer dishonor. I can see how that would work.

I'm almost starting to like Lakash, even though he's demanding and callous.

What I'm still confused about one thing: who is the bad guy? Lakash doesn't really want bad things, he just wants to screw up the plans of the other "powers that be". And the "powers that be" don't really want bad things (well, Lucifer wants bad things Twisted Evil), they just want to maintain the celestial status quo. And Arden and Shiela are stuck in the middle, trying to figure out a destiny that doesn't get them both killed.

The way I see it, there are four different kinds of destiny: (1) The way you want things to happen, (2) the way you think things will happen, (3) the way things are supposed to happen, and (4) the way things actually happen. Ideally, Arden will eventually find some way to match these up, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

_________________
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for a long time now, and I think I can safely say that I've finally won out."
- Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stuart), Harvey, 1950
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hikaru
Administrator


Joined: 20 Nov 2000
Posts: 1565
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky Joe wrote:
What I'm still confused about one thing: who is the bad guy? Lakash doesn't really want bad things, he just wants to screw up the plans of the other "powers that be". And the "powers that be" don't really want bad things (well, Lucifer wants bad things Twisted Evil), they just want to maintain the celestial status quo.

Actually, there's a war between heaven and hell for control. It's Lakash who's trying to maintain a status quo by disrupting whichever side may be gaining an advantage.

Smoky Joe wrote:
The way I see it, there are four different kinds of destiny: (1) The way you want things to happen, (2) the way you think things will happen, (3) the way things are supposed to happen, and (4) the way things actually happen. Ideally, Arden will eventually find some way to match these up, but that probably won't happen any time soon.

The problem with all that is that #1 and #4 rarely match up.

Cheers

_________________
Read my comic: http://www.ImperialGelf.com
Read my stories at http://www.IC-Stories.com
http://katayamma.deviantart.com/

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearion
Registered User


Joined: 01 Jun 2002
Posts: 278
Location: Bay Area, California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter, Hikaru!

Lots of good info, mixed with an interesting viewpoint.

The problem with Lakash is that next to Lucifer, he's been the king of half-truths and lies. A lot of what he told Sheila didn't jibe fully with past events. Little things like WHO placed the Pheromones on Sheila's/Arden’s body that affected Humans. Both sexes at that! Yeah, she didn't tell Arden he was in Heat, but it likely wouldn't have had the consequences it did without that little detail.

Which begs the question: Why lay such a guilt trip on Sheila? Why is she suddenly critical to his plans when before he wanted her out of the way?

As usual, more questions to ponder…

Thanks!

Bearion

_________________
I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner


Joined: 25 Dec 2002
Posts: 3176
Location: West Covina, California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:
Which begs the question: Why lay such a guilt trip on Sheila? Why is she suddenly critical to his plans when before he wanted her out of the way?


Well as I read it Sheila has become Arden?s reason to succeed she was only supposed to be his reason for succeeding so he can return to her that?s I think was Nanuk's plan anyway now he must succeed to get her home safely. Sheila threw a wrinkle into the plan when she made the wish at the studio Lakash wasn't about to tell her that the BS she had been through in the first act with the shootings and kidnapping and all was his doing, of course I could be off base on this.

_________________
"Political Correctness is tyranny with manners." Charlton Heston

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hikaru
Administrator


Joined: 20 Nov 2000
Posts: 1565
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bearion wrote:

The problem with Lakash is that next to Lucifer, he's been the king of half-truths and lies. A lot of what he told Sheila didn't jibe fully with past events. Little things like WHO placed the Pheromones on Sheila's/Arden’s body that affected Humans. Both sexes at that! Yeah, she didn't tell Arden he was in Heat, but it likely wouldn't have had the consequences it did without that little detail.


Actually, Lakash had nothing to do with the pheromones. That was a side effect of Sheila throwing herself into heat.

Cheers

_________________
Read my comic: http://www.ImperialGelf.com
Read my stories at http://www.IC-Stories.com
http://katayamma.deviantart.com/

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner


Joined: 25 Dec 2002
Posts: 3176
Location: West Covina, California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? But I thought he had altered them so'd they?d affect humans.
_________________
"Political Correctness is tyranny with manners." Charlton Heston

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 8649
Location: Angier North Carolina.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN,That's one Hell of a Chapter... Thanks Hikaru I enjoy it... Very Happy
_________________
Due Too Budget Cuts The Light At The End Of The Tunnel Has Been Turned Off.

Doctor Of PF
CSA.



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
hikaru
Administrator


Joined: 20 Nov 2000
Posts: 1565
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Huh? But I thought he had altered them so'd they?d affect humans.


That was a 1/2 truth. Some animal pheromones are known to effect humans already. That's why we have musk based perfumes. Sheils'a natural musk would have had an effect on anyone. When the wish was made, the amulet (not Lakash himself) automatically tweaked the musk so it would be normalized to the new environemtn. Remember, the amulet was an automated item. Lakash said that he had to modify it after Sheila's wish to prevent it from running on auto-pilot and complicating things further.

Although Lakash can ultimately be blamed for the result since he created the amulet, it was actually the amulet that did the deed.

There are truths, and then there are truths. In this story, there are rarely truths that are universal. If there were, it wouldn't be half as much fun trying to keep score, would it? Laughing

Cheers.

_________________
Read my comic: http://www.ImperialGelf.com
Read my stories at http://www.IC-Stories.com
http://katayamma.deviantart.com/

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla
Registered User


Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Posts: 377
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru, u da man! Very Happy

Wow, what a chapter there... and Sheila finaly gets what she should have gotten a long time ago!

I wonder how Arden will react when he comes to?


Oh and Hikaru: HOW MANY MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THEY GO FOR RYDYGORE???

_________________
My Deviant artpile
My webcomic: Psiotechniqa - furry sci-fi gaming psionicks
P6€4r /\/\y [email protected]\/\/1ng $k1££33t...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru
Administrator


Joined: 20 Nov 2000
Posts: 1565
Location: Kansas City, KS, USA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
Wow, what a chapter there... and Sheila finaly gets what she should have gotten a long time ago!


Sheila's had various conversations with Arden over time about personal honor and such, but not quite as intense and raw as it was with Lakash.[/quote]

webkilla wrote:
I wonder how Arden will react when he comes to?


Unhappy. I'll let you figure out why. *chuckles*

webkilla wrote:
Oh and Hikaru: HOW MANY MORE CHAPTERS BEFORE THEY GO FOR RYDYGORE???


They should get to castle Terindell in 2 or 3 chapters, max.

Cheers

_________________
Read my comic: http://www.ImperialGelf.com
Read my stories at http://www.IC-Stories.com
http://katayamma.deviantart.com/

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bearion
Registered User


Joined: 01 Jun 2002
Posts: 278
Location: Bay Area, California

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Styx wrote:
Huh? But I thought he had altered them so'd they?d affect humans.


That was a 1/2 truth. Some animal pheromones are known to effect humans already. That's why we have musk based perfumes. Sheils'a natural musk would have had an effect on anyone. When the wish was made, the amulet (not Lakash himself) automatically tweaked the musk so it would be normalized to the new environemtn. Remember, the amulet was an automated item. Lakash said that he had to modify it after Sheila's wish to prevent it from running on auto-pilot and complicating things further.

Thank you for that explanation.
Hikaru wrote:
There are truths, and then there are truths. In this story, there are rarely truths that are universal. If there were, it wouldn't be half as much fun trying to keep score, would it? Laughing

So true! With the players involved, I would think that is to be expected.

I can hardly wait until the next 3 chapters.... Very Happy

_________________
I'm out of my mind right now, but feel free to leave a message...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Well yes, I can understand why Arden wouldn't be happy with Lakash "helping" him... I mean, who knows what kinda extra hidden stuff there could have been transfered along with that lil trick of his!?!

Besides, I think Arden would like to do his thing without celestial intervention...
Back to top
Xaqtly
Registered User


Joined: 07 Mar 2003
Posts: 442
Location: Las Vegas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Arden is going to be cranky with a capital C next chapter. Great chapter though Hikaru, got some great insight into why certain things happened the way they did. I like how Lakash showed up too, heh.
_________________
Changed my name to Kantaro.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group