Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fanart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Slightly different version Reply with quote

The creator wrote me about this...he liked it a lot Laughing

Which made me supremely happy...Smile

But he wasn't sure why the zep was in the pic.....

Well at the time i didnt know what to put in that small space the zep fit....but i found something else

I think this fits with the theme...

Its not a big change but i think the right one....Smile

Cheetaur

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
Mapper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an older pic but hey its heather Very Happy before the stroke of course and yep i forgot to take the glasses off. ah well. enjoy Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabby,Heather,and Max outside Heathers comp shop..

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: WOW Mapper!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Cool

I don't know what to say......wow this rocks....it moves me seeing that brings the story all the more to life!!!

Thanks man for putting the time and effort into such a really nice picture and gift.....wow

You are such a nice person

Cheetaur

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some of my fan art...

Sculptor, artist and writer.

Be sure to read my stories
http://www.cableone.net/kathmandu/
Mapper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome Kat Very Happy I love the one with Swallow

Av by GreyCat
Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mapper, I think it captures an event that was only barely touched on in the story fairly well. I wrote a pretty long suggestion to Cheets on this part having her sink to a very deep part of the ocean and because she was so dense she couldn't swim up so she had to walk along the sea floor. I had her eventually find an oil rig that she climbed up but as she broke the surface she was swept away by a storm that eventually left her back on the ocean floor. He didn't use a lot of it because it was way too creepy and depressing. (I suspect anyway) I made this pic to go along with it.

Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looking at that image even that is powerful. Most of us would have probably given up. An that would have been an interesting part about the Rig. One can't help but feel for her alone and in the dark.

Av by GreyCat
Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one of the most tragic facets of Swallow; she couldn't give up, her body wouldn't let her. As you can surmise from the story, the clones are nearly immortal as long as the machines inside them are functioning properly. If she were normal she would have mentally broken down many times and would have been a catatonic ball at the bottom of the ocean but her body wouldn't cooperate.

She couldn't just sit there forever so she decided to do something, the only thing she could do and that was walk to shore. Her mind is as damaged as her body will allow her to be, which really isn't much. It is, however, entirely possible that Mother was able to take over Swallow so easily was because her mind was glad to let someone else do the driving after the horrors she has experienced.

Of course, Cheetaur hadn't started Sabrina Cubed yet and wanted his options open with Swallow so a lot of what I suggested didn't get used in that segment.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Dave's Rendition....of Swallows adventure under the ocean. Reply with quote

HERE IS DAVID WHITES RENDITION….I commissioned him to think of a different way of how Swallow survived.

After the introductions were made and small talk finished Ti and Swallow went out to the back of the house. They found a lovely tree and sat down underneath it to have a private moment together.
Ti looked directly at Swallow and began to cry. “I failed you.” She sobbed.
Swallow didn’t understand what Ti meant by that. “I don’t understand Ti, you have never failed me.”
“I let go.” She couldn’t control her sobbing.
Swallow then understood what she was talking about. “No one could have held onto me Ti. Look at yourself, you have to be one of the strongest females on the planet. Not even with your strength could you hold on, even with all that. You remember the pool back at Mother’s mansion and the fact I never could swim. As you know Ti I am a lot heavier than a normal person my size because I am almost nothing but muscle for digesting large prey. I sink like a stone and no one could have held on to me. It was never your fault, you saved us.” She tried to wipe the tears from her friends face. Ti fell apart and cried on Swallows shoulders.
“I’ve lived that day over and over!” Ti exclaimed. “Its plagued my thoughts day and night for all these years.” Ti couldn’t stop shaking.
Swallow saw the anguish on her friends face and tried to calm her. “Then its time to let it go of that place Ti, replace it with our meeting today.”
Ti looked into her sister’s face and found love behind her eyes. “I will try, your being here now eases the memory and the pain.” She couldn’t believe that she was here again and reached out and touched her. “Tell me what happened to you after..” She paused. “You survived just as I have. It seems we have been blessed.” Ti hugged her sister to the point of almost crushing her. Swallow didn’t mind being uncomfortable, she just wanted it to last.

Swallow thought about the years that had passed. To her time was more or less day per day. Not living in a normal fashion, time passed differently for her. “Blessed, well I wouldn’t go that far, lucky is more like it. Well I guess I can start off after I fell off the boat into the bitterly cold water. I sank Ti, so fast I didn’t really understand what had happened to me. The drugs and the cold water made everything fuzzy and I was terrified. I remember thinking how sad you were going to be with me gone.”

“Oh my god Swallow…” Ti said with a look of horror on her face mixed with the damp fur from tears.

“I sank for a long time, almost like falling off a cliff only much slower. I held my breath and waited to drown as I fell into the dark. The thing was Ti, I didn’t drown. I sank for hours it seems, the water growing darker and colder.”

“How? How did you survive? You don’t have gills, I studied your anatomy thouroughly.”

“I think it was my fur or quills, it tingled the whole time I was underwater. I’m not sure.”

Ti thought about it a few seconds then she ran her paw through Swallows thick fur, “I think you are right… Mother designed you to eat prey larger than yourself but I never figured out how you could breathe with such a large meal inside you. It makes sense now, you can’t breathe because your lungs are compressed while it digests. Your body uses your quill-like fur not only as cooling but for oxyenating your blood when you can’t breathe. Amazing Swallow…”

“Yeah, superfreak.”

Ti looked at Swallow then hugged her tightly again, “I’m sorry Swallow. I didn’t mean to…”

“It’s OK Ti, Mother did this to us both; may she rot in Hell. I hope Hell is half as horrible as the bottom of the ocean was to me. It was so dark and cold Ti, I wished I were dead. I was so scared. I touched bottom finally and it terrified me so badly I must have passed out. I woke up later and I remember seeing lights all around me, it was scary. The lights would move around and flash, almost like neon signs or something. I realized after a while it was fish, they would light up like lightning bugs. Seems like everything down there would glow or light up. Most of the time there was enough light that I could see.”

“Oh Swallow…”

“I found out something down there Ti, I learned that after a while I could stay terrified only so long before you just can’t be scared anymore. I eventually even got used to the cold, somewhat. I was down there for a long time Ti, I found there were fish I could catch and eat and I slept wherever I could. Ti, I walked along the bottom of the ocean for months. I came to a mountain after a while and I climbed it toward the surface. I fell once and tumbled back down to the bottom. It was awful. It took a long time but I made it to the top and I could see a blue glow from the surface. I kept walking and walking, never knowing where I was or if I would ever see the sun again. Eventually I made it to a beach and walked out of the ocean.”

“My god Swallow, it’s unbelievable. Do you have any idea how long you were in the ocean?”

“How long I was in the water I couldn’t say, but I know it was a long time.” Ti was amazed that Swallow could have stayed in the frigid waters so long and survived the depths of the ocean.

“From what I learned later I had landed in the Bahamas. I was a mess, I was covered with algae in many places, patches of hair were missing and the salt water had not done me any good. I guess I was quite the sight. I remained in a hospital there for another amount of time that I cannot remember but it was quite awhile. To my doctors and others I recovered nicely and I finally gathered enough strength to leave and I did. From that day forward I stayed moving, never staying in places very long. I begged for scraps took odd jobs just for cash. In the winters I found places in the woods to sleep. It seems this body can hibernate if it has to.” Swallow smiled and took a breather.
Ti couldn’t believe it, seems Swallows body was a lot more refined than she thought. “So you became a drifter and hermit.”
“Yeah, never staying long enough for people to really take notice of me. I found that if I had a large meal before I hibernated I could extend my sleeping. Its not pleasant to see me eat some thing large but I never ate in front of anyone. It was one of the reasons I kept moving as to attract no attention. Except for a span of about 3 years where I was kept as more as pet than anything else.”

Ti looked horrified. “A pet.” Ti couldn’t understand how Swallow could wind up a pet.
“Don’t look at me that way.” Swallow thought Ti might have thought it was something sexual. “ It has nothing to do with sex, so put that notion away.” She smirked and continued on. “I became a servant to an elderly blind man. He was kind and only asked if I would do things around the house for him. Other than that I could stay and do what I wanted. It worked out well, until he passed away. I took a few things from the house. I’m not proud of that but I needed money Ti, I had nothing. So I pawned a few items and they kept me going for a few years. The Hibernation State allowed time to pass quickly for me. As you have said it has been 20 years for us. While I couldn’t have put a number to it, if I had to.”
“Mother has done something else to us that has probably escaped your notice.” Swallow tilted her head in question and Ti continued. “Take a good look at me Swallow a good look. Do you see any difference in me?”
“No Ti I don’t see. Only that you’re a bigger.”
“Only you would notice that but other than that I don’t look that much different right?”
“Yup, looking good I might add.”

Sisters to the end…..

Kathmandu
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye gods... keep in mind that was a very rough draft. Smile

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: And you thought i furgot ;) Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing
Laughing

Cheetaur

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Cace a commission drawing of Sheeri from PCC Reply with quote

Here is Sheeri a comic character from Polymercitychronicles
A commission from Jen Seng from CACE a furry con here in Canada.

Enjoy

Cheetaur

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever done a picture of the wedding party (all those skunks)? What about the Zargozians or the large creature in the pod (but out of the pod) or Alison/Mother?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: