Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAQ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: FAQ? Reply with quote

If you have a question about me, my characters, the settings, story or whatever.... now is the time to ask. I'm going to be making a list for a FAQ and your questions will most likely be in it. Pretty much any question is allowable, but I do reserve the right not to answer anything outside the bounds of good taste.

Nameless wrote:
One thing I like to know (and I don't remember that your story talked about it):

How much animal-like are your furs exactly? Do all of them have human-like feet and hands, or are they more like the feral animal versions.

Furs in my story are based on Eric Schwartz's comic. They are all (so far) planet grade furs who are fully anthropomorphic. That means that all walk on regular feet, have normal hands (though 1 finger short on each) and, other than their animal appearances and some under-the-fur differences, are pretty much human-like.

Nameless wrote:
Things like Sheila’s going into heat speak for stronger animal-like characteristics. Is this something special for her, or does (can) it affect other furs?

Eric drew a comic showing Sheila going into heat once, so I used that premise. I'd say that most all furs have the "heat" syndrome to a lesser extent. It's just that in Sheila's case it's more pronounced than normal. Also by playing with her biological clock and delaying her time, she can create extreme situations when desired.

Nameless wrote:
What kind of species are there?

Good question. In theory, every animal species could exist. There's no reason you couldn't have insect species, though I'm not a big fan of them. One thing that isn't addressed in Eric's comic are the presence of lesser evolved animals. We know that furs eat steak & such in the comic and my story. Was that steak your next door neighbor or was it just an un-evolved cow? If we have various levels of evolution, then you can get the occasional "throwback" or someone who's a step down on the chain. The Doctor thought Arden may have been a throwback when he first saw him in Act I which supports this premise some.

For the most part, I'll allow for most any reasonable creatures to exist in the story if it's convenient.

Xaqtly wrote:
I just finished Act 2 and moved on to Act 3. Where'd the rest of Act 2 go? How did they transisiton to Act 3?

If you’ll remember, at the end of Act III, you had Arden dying and passing out. At the start of Act III you have Sheila dreaming about when they arrived. There is also mention of her making a wish later, but unfortunately it wasn’t enough to clarify the situation. I’m going to re-write Ch 1 of Act III one of these days to make it clearer as to what happened, but for now it’s not a priority.

Styx wrote:
How much of Hikaru makes up the Arden character, are any of Arden’s past experiences based on your own?

A fair amount of me makes up Arden. His talent for computers, rifles, listening to Kitaro and other things are there. Physically I base him on an old friend in the SCA I knew by the name of Theolyn who was HUGE! The guy was a cop and built like a brick wall. He was amazing. Other parts of Arden come from various Anime influences as well as a few other un-named friends I’ve known over the years, one of which was a special forces sniper in Viet Nam that I’d met when I lived in Tucson, AZ.

Nameless wrote:
What will happen in the next chapter? Wink

That’s a good question. Odds are there will be a subtle plot twist. There may or may not be some conflict between Sheila and Arden. He’ll definitely move a step forwards towards his destiny. That’s about all I can say.

Pat The Fox wrote:
We have to get some funny FAQs in there like what socks do you wear on tuesday?

I normally don’t wear socks. I prefer to walk around barefoot. When going out, I have numerous pairs of rather comfortable slippers that don’t stand out too much. If I’m going to meet someone on a professional level, then I wear white tube-socks and sneakers.

Fishburne wrote:
Who does your hair?

Nobody. I’m growing it out. I currently have a ponytail that hangs down about 4 inches below the collar. I want to get it down to my waist.

Fishburne wrote:
If you could be any duck, what house would crap on the least?

Weird Al Yankovic’s house. I hear he’s looking for a new duck and I fear it might be for dinner.

Wolf-Cat wrote:
What are Geas?

A Geas is a spell that is a compulsion to accomplish an act. It’s like a quest, but with a gun to your head, forcing you progress towards the ultimate goal.

Wolf-Cat wrote:
I Don’t quite remember what act/chapter this was in but I remember Lakash saying he invested some time into making Arden into who he was. Does this mean that he has influenced Arden’s past so that he would be better suited for doing things he wouldn’t have done (such as killing) without his past being influenced by Lakash?

Yes. Lakash manipulated Arden’s time in Japan such that he’d be noticed and recruited by the military there. One of the people who were responsible for recruiting him was an agent of Lakash. I had plans to expand on that plot at some point, but time’s running out and I doubt I’ll get to do it in-story.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave

Last edited by hikaru on Sat May 03, 2003 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I like to know (and I don't remember that your story talked about it):

How much animal-like are your furs exactly?
Do all of them have human-like feet and hands, or are they more like the ferral animal versions. Things like Sheils going into heat speak for stronger animal-like characteristics. Is this something special for her, or does (can) it affect other furs? What kind of species are there?

Concolor has an faq on those lines on his Gone Wylde site.

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the answer to this, but since it seems to be a FAQ: "I just finished Act 2 and moved on to Act 3. Where'd the rest of Act 2 go? How did they transisiton to Act 3?"
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much of Hikaru makes up the Arden character, are any of Arden’s past experiences based on your own?

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it's going to be an FAQ, I doubt you will answer the most frequently asked question:

What will happen in the next chapter?

Wink

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat The Fox wrote:

Thank you Pat.
I was just getting ready to ask "Who does your hair?" and "If you could be any duck, what house would crap on the least?"

Wolf-Cat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do happen to have a question or two.

What are Geas?

I Dont quite remember what act/chapter this was in but i remember Lakash saying he invested some time into making Arden into who he was.Does this mean that he has influenced Ardens past so that he would be better suited for doing things he wouldnt have done (such as killing)without his past being influenced by Lakash?

Thanks

Wolf-Cat
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bump so that folks will notice that I updated the FAQ at the top.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a good one:

How long untill your comp is fixed and you start updating again? And will the update be a MEGA UPDATE since its been bloody ages since the last one?

Very Happy

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read his first post on the "An evil force at work." thread. Rolling Eyes

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
How long untill your comp is fixed and you start updating again? And will the update be a MEGA UPDATE since its been bloody ages since the last one?

Although the "Evil Force at Work" thread does address some part of the delay, much of it is simply the fact that my muse has gone on vacation and not returned yet. I've sat down numerous times to work on the next chapter only to wind up running into a brick wall on how to proceed.

I'll be trying again a little later this week, but I don't know if I'll actually accomplish anything of value. Sure, I could post whatever I manage to come up with, but I don't want to put out something just for the sake of getting a chapter out.

Cheers

webkilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Styx: I've read that thread, don't think that I'm an idiot who just asks questions before checking background information!

To Hikaru: You lucky bastard! I wish i had a muse... Sad

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
To Hikaru: You lucky bastard! I wish i had a muse... Sad

Be careful what you wish for; you might get it...

And if not, you could always borrow mine for a few days. She can't seem to stop throwing new ideas my way. (It's impossible to work on the stories I already have when I'm bombarded with ideas all the time)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just forgot to say that reading the stories and participating on the forum here seems to encourage creativity...
Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: