Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurrin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Hello. Reply with quote

Hi, everyone.
Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy!

AKA Mogthemoogle
Aurrin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stumbled across this place while looking for an old friend who is rather difficult to contact. So, what are you guys all about?
Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we about? Well, once upon a time this was the home of a very tight knit community who loved to share furry artwork, stories, and music. We had our own internet radio broadcasts, and played host to a ton of individualized sub-pages.

There was a healthy gaming group as well, and a bunch of us used to gather at furry cons too.

Mostly, it was just friendly conversation among a group of people brought together by the furry fandom.

These days? It's a sad, dead husk of its former self. I am one of maybe five people who every really show up anymore. Sad

AKA Mogthemoogle
Aurrin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I'm sorry. I think I know the feeling, though. Lately, I've started re-tracing some of my old steps through the digital landscape, and found that much of it just kinda vanished over the last few years. I used to converse extensively over instant messengers, and suddenly all of them are gone. (AIM, MSN, YIM all shut down within a couple of years) The IRC servers I used to frequent are all dead too. Sad Apparently everything is discord now - at least the ones that haven't just quit altogether.
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time, it gets to us all, or is it that we just lose that thing called 'free time' to age … Shocked

and once lost, it's never regained until retirement Mad ?

[* somebody help me out here *]
Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurrin wrote:
Wow. I'm sorry. I think I know the feeling, though. Lately, I've started re-tracing some of my old steps through the digital landscape, and found that much of it just kinda vanished over the last few years. I used to converse extensively over instant messengers, and suddenly all of them are gone. (AIM, MSN, YIM all shut down within a couple of years) The IRC servers I used to frequent are all dead too. Sad Apparently everything is discord now - at least the ones that haven't just quit altogether.

Yeah, although in Skype's case they did it to themselves. haha

Having been an internet lurker since '98 myself, SO much has changed. Some good, some very very not good. I do wax nostalgic about the freedom and personality of the net of old. Things are very consolidated and regulated today. Wikis are soulless compared to the fansites they replaced. Social media is a horrid monster that promotes political warfare with a severe lefty bias (save for Facebook, which seems to go the other way).

Etc.

Heck it almost seems like there's no furry community anymore! Just cliques associated by a common visual theme.

That aside, I always hope when I see a new user register here that some life can return. So beyond all of that, welcome! I apologize for my downtrodden tones right out the gate.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello. Reply with quote

Aurrin wrote:
Hi, everyone.

Hello from Kellan your friendly neighborhood Admin!

It's good to see a new face that I'm not immediately kicking to the curb because they are a spammer!

Sit back, relax and enjoy what we have to offer. There are some stories to read, artwork (that didn't die with PhotoPhuckit) and some funny or not quite funny diatribes.

Any questions, feel free to ask in the general area.

Enjoy!

Aurrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie wrote:
Things are very consolidated and regulated today.

Yeah, I dislike the direction the internet has taken of late as well.

Cookie wrote:
Heck it almost seems like there's no furry community anymore! Just cliques associated by a common visual theme.

That aside, I always hope when I see a new user register here that some life can return. So beyond all of that, welcome! I apologize for my downtrodden tones right out the gate.

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
It's good to see a new face that I'm not immediately kicking to the curb because they are a spammer!

Sit back, relax and enjoy what we have to offer. There are some stories to read, artwork (that didn't die with PhotoPhuckit) and some funny or not quite funny diatribes.

And here's where I feel I must likely disappoint. I'm retreading paths for nostalgia, but there's a reason I stopped participating: I really don't have much spare time anymore. I doubt I will be a terribly active participant. I mainly came here looking to re-connect with an old friend: Darius Greywind. I'm hoping that he will have left the box ticked to get an email ping from a PM, as all the old methods I had to contact him have since gone cold. I will look around, maybe chat some, but experience has taught me better than to promise that I'll be around a lot. If that were true, I wouldn't be google-stalking old friends just to say 'Hi'. :/
Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh don't worry about it too much!

AKA Mogthemoogle
Aurrin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still, I do appreciate the welcome!
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep welcome dooooooooooooood
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: