Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notes from The Range 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Notes from The Range 2013 Reply with quote

Blast away ...
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*passes the coyote a cold Modelo Negro*

Happy New Year!

Mr. Green

Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(*glances over a cup of lemon tea*)

nice to see others around...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*big hug* Hey ... don't feel bad for not writing. I appreciate it whenever you can, my friend.

If it is any consolation to you, I am seriously considering re-doing "Gunsmoke" with a few fixes for Constantine (in truth, they were the problem ... I made him too "angelic" so to say), and maybe post that on a more infrequent basis.

I agree that there is not much happening on this site anymore, and that the community is changing, but come what may, COME WHAT BLOODY WELL MAY, Paul, if the entire furry community everywhere has not accomplished anything else, it has resulted in me meeting you, Tigermark, Aramis, Kellan, Chris in England and dozens of other wonderful people.

And that, incidentally, is not the only thing the furry community has accomplished. But for me, that in itself means that even if it is withering on the vine at the moment, it has led to something good, lasting and worthwhile.

Y'hear me? Or do I have to channel the Valkyrie here, to get through to you Wink Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<returns the hug> I hear you, Filly. I feel what you're saying. Thank you.

If you'll pardon the play on words, I think I'll be focusing on my photography for a while. You know me, being outside and moving around is better for me than sitting behind a keyboard banging away in a futile attempt at entertainment ... mine or anyone's. The beast lazes away in my mom's driveway, I look forward to an opportunity to get in some remote area with it and see what the weak link of the new year will be. And of course, I'll be hunting that elusive "that's the ONE" image.

I am inspired by your strength. I know what you are dealing with, and yet you continue to write, and write well. So yeah, go ahead and channel that Valkyrie, I'd love to meet her again. Shades of the Scruffy Squad, huh?

Fraz, Kel, thanks for checking in. It's good to know a few furs are still hanging about the place, that a few friends are still hanging in with me. And speaking of a few furs Kel, have you heard from Styx lately? Seems we're overdue for a fur meet somewhere. As it happens my g/f's aunt lives literally on the other side of the fence from Concord Buchanan airport. I've already been up there once, and will no doubt return soon. Maybe we can get together and swap some stories in real time?

Bell well, everyone. Thanks again ...

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you have a temporary hanger in NorCal?

We live about 30 minutes from Concord. Your GF might have told you about the myriad of local parks within 30 minutes or less of Concord that are ripe for photography. Let us know when you're in the area and we will hook up and swap stories. I know of a few nice places to eat that aren't too far from Concord.

Take care,

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<fires up Google Earth>

Hmmm ... let us investigate this ...

Thanks Kel. I'll let you know when I next venture north.

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a poke in your direction;

The hills around my place have greened up quite a bit and the trees are leafing out. wildflowers coming in, too.

Just right for a camera trip.

Sunol Regional is partially closed for a bridge replacement but Las Trampas is open for business.

Just sayin' ya know. In case you come up this way, don't forget your camera. Las Trampas is just down the road from Concord.

Kel

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: E series vans Reply with quote

Hey SC-

Just caught that post about the new van. I kind of know what that V6 might sound like, since I drive a year 2000 E-250 van with that naturally aspirated 4.2 V6. It barely gets out of its own way at times.

Towed a 3 axle hydraulic tilt trailer loaded up with a 'big' scissor lift recently. I had to leave the OD off, and getting on the freeway, it stayed in 2nd until I hit 55 and let off the gas. I really thought it was gonna grenade, to tell you the truth. Any little attempt at acceleration produced a downshift to 2nd, too. Got off at the next exit, took the surface streets instead.

At 127k miles, it's had the mass air flow sensor replaced twice, the trans overhauled, the solenoid pack replaced after the overhaul, torque converter changed after the solenoid pack killed the rebuilt one and the key-in chime continues after the key is removed, only stopping if you juggle the switch just right. Oh, the passenger double doors don't line up or seal worth squat, either. Accident damage from before the district bought it used. At least the A/C, heat, steering and brakes are still good to go.

It gets about 7 to 8 mpg in town, about what my F250 4X4 with the 7.5 gets. At least my personal truck with get out of its own way in a very big hurry if you plant the right pedal hard.

I've drove an F150 with the EcoBoost engine and I thought it was powerful but I'll defer to your knowledge of loaded vehicle performance with said engine.

I feel for ya, let me tell you. I hate underpowered vehicles of any type or kind.

Hope you're doing good,

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bottom of the PFBBS main page is a list of those with upcoming birthdays. It happens that mine is now on that list.

... and I am the oldest of them all at 54. Tommy's not far behind, but still ...

<grumbles slightly>

SC

Major Ivy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats SC.

Course if the Old Raccoon had not been chased off you would be second; he turns 64 this year. In fact I think it's tomorrow.

By the way, how goes The B-Team?
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, SC!

BTW, I'll be 57 in December.

Mr. Green

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned 54 in August. Several ahead of you in the rush to old age, my friend.

*snicker* The old saying is true, though, just because there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there isn't a fire inside.

Very Happy TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, shuck-darnnit, I beat the Old Warhorse ta 57 [mid-Nov], gotta try harder to let him win the 58 series...

(*sighs*)
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazikar wrote:
Well, shuck-darnnit, I beat the Old Warhorse ta 57 [mid-Nov], gotta try harder to let him win the 58 series...

(*sighs*)

You may win the'58 race. By all means.

Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: