Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Question... Reply with quote

So I gotta ask.. What the heck happened to this board? I didnt expect it to be so dead when I came back hah.

Did everyone just move on to a different bbs?

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know
Wulfie_Vulphyre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vanished for quite a while as well. Got wrapped up into other things and almost forgot it was even here.
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah. Im glad to see some old faces on here though! Thats awesome.

Now that I have a cellphone that can go online in a decent way, I have more time to visit places Ive been neglecting hah

Wulfie_Vulphyre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helps me as well. I can get facebook checks done during other times of day. Like eating lunch at work, or whatever. That and I miss being involved with other furs outside of my local group.
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been huge into furry, but I do enjoy the company hah. Sure beats the heck out of the satanist board I'm a member of Wink (sarcasm on the satanist board BTW)
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kit ... we did lose a lot of people over the last couple of years. There are not that many active writers left ... hell, even I am on a hiatus of a sorts, and I guess a lot of people moved on with family and new jobs and suchlike. Sometimes, we see someone coming back, like you did, but that's about it ...

Personally, I think a lot of people went to FurAffinity, but I never really got along with that place myself. Don't know what other boards people might have gone to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here... Very Happy

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The board looks deader than it really is because many people read but don't respond. I guess we were all taught by our mothers, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Fine advice for a board with a few hundred active members. What we need is to bring back the "Me too!" postings.

Just say, "Me too!"

Aslaug wrote:
... There are not that many active writers left ...

I never really thought about it, but I guess the board is a bit writer heavy. Very Happy

Home.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much as I hesitate to bring it up, I have been told by two different people who used to be active on Planetfurry (one of whom mentioned a third whom I haven't spoken with, and hinted there are others) that they were made to feel unwelcome and were effectively driven away by one particular individual. I won't mention any names except to say that said individual in question is still active on the site.

In my opinion, all three of the of the allegedly driven-away people were valuable participants on Planetfurry whose contribution is very much missed, and if there is any truth in what two of them told me, said individual has caused irreparable harm to Planetfurry, far beyond whatever if anything the others I know about would ever have likely done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ScottyDM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! <staggers backwards>

You know, I tend to be a bit of a rascal at times--opinionated and wordy. While I realize I don't know everything, there are times I need to remind myself that I don't always have to be right. And I suppose the ideal that I strive to find in myself is probably not the ideal that everyone else hopes to someday achieve--or even that they feel any need to better themselves. But then I was born to be an engineer, and every true engineer knows that no matter how insanely great something is, it can always be improved.

A few years back there was a member here who would sometimes post something that irritated me. And I know my posts sometimes irritated him. It's been awhile and I forget his username (I'm bad that way). He might even still be here, or not.

What I'm trying to say is that driving people away is bad, and I hope I'm not that kind of bad. If it is me I certainly didn't mean it--I'm just blind to my own actions (as many of us are). If it is me, I need to know so I can change. Mwalimu, don't publicly say "yea" or "nay" but send me a personal message (that way you won't get trapped into publicly narrowing down who it is, should I be a "nay"). I'd also like to know who I offended so I can apologize.

I know The Old Gray Raccoon was driven away (a serious loss), but I don't know why. No one ever discusses this stuff.

Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame. I remember in the golden days here, I could barely keep up with the new posts.
I'm sure if we work at it, we can keep things pretty fresh and fun. Back when I was pretty new into the furs, I found a lot of great resource in the folks here.

Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Much as I hesitate to bring it up, I have been told by two different people who used to be active on Planetfurry (one of whom mentioned a third whom I haven't spoken with, and hinted there are others) that they were made to feel unwelcome and were effectively driven away by one particular individual. I won't mention any names except to say that said individual in question is still active on the site.

In my opinion, all three of the of the allegedly driven-away people were valuable participants on Planetfurry whose contribution is very much missed, and if there is any truth in what two of them told me, said individual has caused irreparable harm to Planetfurry, far beyond whatever if anything the others I know about would ever have likely done.

Geeze I hope it wasn't me. x.x

I can be very prickly about things. And there were a few people here I wanted to kick in the pants.

But it seemed like people valued me for a while so... I'm not sure if I was bad enough to destroy the forum.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have been me hah. I'm a good little fox Smile

It probably was Tommy... He's a crazy fox. Wink

Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:
Couldn't have been me hah. I'm a good little fox Smile

It probably was Tommy... He's a crazy fox. Wink

Right sure you are, its was all your doing I'm the good little fox... Razz Laughing Very Happy

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: