Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trixie Belden and the Anthrocon Mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
The revelations aren't done yet - this is an important one, but (at least in my mind) not the important one.

I know, I know. But still, every time I read the part about the suit (yes, I've read the chapter several times) something inside screams at me "I didn't want to know that!!!" At least not yet.

I had fun guessing what is so special about the suit.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kill the topic with my bitchings about the story. I will shut my big mouth from now on when I don't have anything nice to say.
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you killed it - I happened to have posted it at a time when I think a lot of people were thinking of other things - the con, Galadrion had just lost Willy, and a slew of other odd little things.

These come and go. There are times when a chapter I don't think will cause any talk gets two or three pages of conversation, and then there are ones where almost no coversation at all happens when you'd think that everyone would be commenting.

I happened to hit a lull. That's all.

And Tygon - please, if you have something to say, please do, even if it's negative. I can't improve as a writer if I only hear the good things.

Rava

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally missed the posting! BUt I have good excuse I was moving cross counrty without a computer!

Great chapter!

I love the concept behind the suit and it explains why the "g'ovt" might be looking around after it and why someone is willing to severlly hurt a "civy" for it.

I have to wonder why Honey with her memory back is still afraid of "her boyfriend"?

Thank you for making my character not get along with him! I have just hated him from the start Smile
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as everyone says, Rava - not everyone in the furry community is friends with everyone else in the furry community. Tempers flare, and there are some serious rivalries that float around. Plus, some people just don't like each other. Laughing

As for not catching the announcement - you're forgiven. This time. Laughing

I'm slowly working on Chapter 7.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
I have to wonder why Honey with her memory back is still afraid of "her boyfriend"?

Actually, has her memory come back - totally? It's quite possible that she could have had a partial recovery. Likely, in fact, I would think.

If Honey had completely recovered her memory, she would know Trixie was curious, and probably that she was suspicious of Dennis. And she would know that her fearful reaction was a major force driving that curiosity. And one thing that Honey Wheeler has never been short on is the courage to face her own fears when it became necessary - regardless of how badly thinking about Dennis scared her, she would make a point of talking at least to Trixie about it. I can see her keeping it from the boys (particularly if she had some idea that they might think less of her for it), and maybe even Diana, but not Trixie.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note - Chapter 7 has begun.
Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Now, tell me again, just how did I go about missing this posting?
I told you, Mac, you've been playing 'Twister' with an octopus, remember?
Oh. Right. Sorry.)

Okay, Kinsfire . . . . .

I

WANT

ONE

OF

THOSE

SUITS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Where do I sign up??? Who has to get paid how much???

Good chapter! But I still have no idea who fits where. I trust you will make that plain in the end.

And Seven is underway, you say? Auspicious!

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been far too long since an update in this forum, but I thought that it would be a good idea to use this time to point out that:

Chapter 7 is now available at www.kinsfire.net!

This has been a public service announcement.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome - on my way now; work can just suffer! This is art, dammit!

--- And, after having read it... ---

Ho-oly sheet! Someone go get th' sheriff; there's trouble a-brewin'!

Kinsfire, this is classic Trixie Belden! Down to the point where, at the end of this chapter, I found myself wanting to scream at her, "Don't do it! It's a mistake!"

While I'm prepared to admit I have some doubts about Dennis, at the moment I think those are simply stemming from the appearance he has of not trusting enough. He's too used to being alone, and he's trying to slip back into that... "slipping back into his comfort zone," I guess the pop-psyches would call it. It's what he's known for too long, going it on his own, and now that things are heating up again, he's doing his best to push everyone away from himself... or so it appears to me. (Of course, I've been known to be wrong before...)

But what Trixie's planning on doing... ooh, that strikes me as a bad idea. For more than one reason, and more than the obvious one. First of all, I don't think she's right about who he is, and that could be a whole nasty entanglement right there. And second, I really don't like to think about what this could do to her friendship - or friendships, for that matter. This has the potential - shoot, the likelihood - of blowing up and causing problems for almost everyone even peripherally involved.

And, for a side note, and for his own sake... Danegeld had best have some sort of guard in place. My personal inclination would be for a truly horrific revenge, with as little warning as possible. Do you know that finely-chopped human hair and bleach makes a hideously effective and evil itching powder? And I usually need a trim... I wonder how closely guarded he keeps that costume of his...? <Laugh> And at that, it's nicer than some of the more elaborate things I know about, but they, unfortunately, take a bit more preparation. Tincture of poison ivy works very well in water pistols... and those costumes don't allow much in the way of peripheral vision. 'Twould be simplicity itself to "accidentally" catch him from behind, and he'd never know... until later, after it soaked through the fabric. And it can be a mite difficult to scratch inside one of those things...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would post a silly, lenghty analysis here but Galadrion already said everything worth saying and I'm not going to repeat it.

Good work, Kinsfire.

Galadrion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Raises eyebrow> Silly? Nah, not you, Tygon.

<Laughs> Okay, so I might have gone a little overboard with some of my comments. What can I say? I gotta be me...

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
<Raises eyebrow> Silly? Nah, not you, Tygon.

Yes, silly. I have neither the knowledge nor the background to actually analyse the story. I don't know anything about these Trixie Belden stories and, to be honest, I suck at solving even the simplest puzzles, let alone a mystery.

I thought I should try with this one but I realyized that I'm in way over my head with competition like this. Just have no chance.

It was silly to even try.

Galadrion wrote:
<Laughs> Okay, so I might have gone a little overboard with some of my comments. What can I say? I gotta be me...

*shrugs* somebody has to do it and you're doing a better job at it than me.

Concolor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Let’s see.

Frustrating?

No. Not quite the right flavor......

Vexing?

Eh. Still not too close......

Infuriating?

Well . . . . . that’s not the right timbre......

Maddening?

Ah. Yes. That will do nicely.

<Ahem>

KINSFIRE!!!
WHAT THE
@#$%&*#
ARE YOU
DOING TO ME?????

I thought I was confused at the end of Chapter 6, but now I see that I hadn’t seen anything yet. Maybe it would help if I were more familiar with the characters. I dunno.

Dennis’ actions don’t make a lot of sense to me, unless Galadrion’s analysis is exactly right. Even then, I think I’d do it differently.

But then “I” seem to be up to some other things. Clint’s conversation with DaneGeld (not to mention his explanation to Trixie) was redolent of superannuated halibut, if you get my drift. And speaking of DaneGeld, wouldn’t any security team worthy of the name have given that insufferable jerk the bum’s rush by now? Would they even have let him into the Con in the first place?

Attempted murder. Federal agents. Shadows. Burglars. Advanced exoskeletal flight platforms. Intrigue. Ulterior motives.

Wheels within wheels.

Delicious.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Concolor!

(BTW - I want one of those suits, too. Laughing)

As for banning someone from the 'con, most cons run the risk of having to fight off even a frivolous lawsuit if they try that, so unless the person has a proven history of truly vile things, or if it's known that showing up might be a risk to life and limb for that person (re: Sibe from a couple years ago), they'll tend to let them in. That's why DaneGeld is in - nothing really proveable - just everyone knows who the instigator is. That won't hold up in court.

It's just getting warmed up, though. I'm working on Chapter 7 - and it's only going to get worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: