Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Describe your dreamscape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Describe your dreamscape Reply with quote

Inspired by TwylaFox's thread:
http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11084&highlight=

Do you have a recurring dreamscape of a city or town in your mind?

A familiar landscape as a background for that night's adventure while you slumber?

Take for example...The Great Machine.

Built during WWII, the Machine is an electrical power station distributing power on dedicated lines to strategic locales throughout North America.

It is a giant diesel/steam engine the size of a skyscraper!
Located in the Great Plains States of the US...Kansas, I think...centrally located in the middle of our nation to hinder a bombing run from the Axis Powers, the Machine was fueled with crude oil piped in straight from Texas.

At wide open throttle, its output rivaled the hydroelectric plants at Niagra and Hoover Dam.

It was shut down in the 70s when Texas oil dried up and the Oil Crisis hit.

My dreams seem to involve how this once prosperous community...Machine, Kansas...has declined since the main economic focus is now just a relic of a by-gone era.

Your turn.

Enola Straight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW...

...one of my coworkers is pretty wound up tight (works 2-3 jobs, divorced, raising 2 kids alone, in debt, HEAVY smoker, etc) and was describing a recent nightmare of his.

" Okay...so there's party goin' on in my house, and I didn't give permission for there to be no party, and its still goin' on, and there's these two bimbos hangin' 'round...real ugly ones, too...and there's these three DUDES sittin' on my couch...and they won't LEAVE...and theres these five dogs THIS HIGH (holds his hand about 4 1/2 feet high)and they're running around at full-clip throwin' $h!t all over the place, and my son is snortin' COCAINE off the table, and I sez "YA GOTTA STOP THIS!!!" and he sez "I don't care no more" and he take another snort and he freezes...he turns to STONE...and the bimbos are laughin' and the dudes are mumblin' and the dogs are barkin' and I AM SCREAMIN'!!!...and I wake up. Dude, I can't have that kinda $h!t goin' on in my head, man."

Razz Rolling Eyes

Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a dreamscape, that's a warning! Tell them to look around and find the stimuli for that and remove it. The subconcious does a lot wierd shit but most can be traced back to the real world.
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well his on is, like, five years old, and the other kid is already out of the house, so I don't think he's going to have any problems soon.
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...man.

Last night I had an EPIC dream; not quite motion picture material but better than the crap normally found on SYFY Wink .

First of all, I'm on some kind of former space colony, like this:
http://www.nss.org/settlement/space/graphics/oneillexterior-450.jpg
http://www.nss.org/settlement/space/graphics/oneillinterior-450.jpg
http://www.nss.org/settlement/space/graphics/oneilleclipse-350.jpg
http://www.nss.org/settlement/space/graphics/oneillbridge-450.jpg

This colony had got to wherever it was going and "landed", thus no longer rotates, providing artificial gravity along the inner surface. Things like "up" have reverted to their more traditional definitions.

Although there was a soft landing, (thrusters? anti-grav? parachutes??? who knows) most of this little self-contained world is now tilted 45 deg from horizontal.

An impromptu "mountain climb" has begun with the residents to make their way to the Long Window and have their first peek at their new home.

Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my dreams, there are choirboys with red-breasted robes at the bottom of a great pit down which I fall and fall and fall. Only they're not choirboys, I realize, but rather worm-things with round, jawless mouths and row after spiral row of hooked, serrated teeth. The robes are not robes; rather they are the blood of previous visitors. I scream as I splat down into the fetid mud, then try to flee through the steamy, endless swamp. But the mud is treacherous and the water slimy; I slip and fall repeatedly.

There is no escape, of course, nor could there be any possibility of hope or joy or anything else good and decent in such an evil, godforsaken place. For they're all around me now, salivating in primitive joy. One leaps forward and fastens onto my gut, its teeth working deeper and deeper and deeper into my innermost workings. I scream in despair as a second begins boring through my skull and the living brain beyond. Then a third jumps onto me, and a fourth....

Oh! You didn't mean _this_ kind of dream?

Sorry.... I just couldn't resist. =:)
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, go ahead and describe your heart pounding nightmares: give Dave ideas for the next arc Wink
Enola Straight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just coming off of a mild flu, and my fever-cooked brain was making some bad acid trippy imagery.

You know what an imaginary number is? a.k.a i=sqrt-1
Now, think of the complex plane...the Real number line perpendicular to the Imaginary number line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number

Reality? y'know, four dimensions (length, width, depth, and time)...assign a complex/imaginary supplement to each real dimension:

(x,y,z,t) : (i,j,k,l)...I dunno, something like a quaternion, I guess.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternion

Now, at work ( Ballys Park Place, Atlantic City) I park cars for a living, and on busy days we simply run out of spaces in the garage to park cars.

Accessing this hypercomplex para-reality...something that looks like this:
http://hightouchconcept.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/mc_escher_relativity_623x600.jpg
now I can do 6x as much business...parking cars on highly faceted walls and ceilings...and make 6x as much money! Wink

Alexi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enola Straight wrote:
I'm just coming off of a mild flu, and my fever-cooked brain was making some bad acid trippy imagery.

You know what an imaginary number is? a.k.a i=sqrt-1
Now, think of the complex plane...the Real number line perpendicular to the Imaginary number line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number

Reality? y'know, four dimensions (length, width, depth, and time)...assign a complex/imaginary supplement to each real dimension:

(x,y,z,t) : (i,j,k,l)...I dunno, something like a quaternion, I guess.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternion

Now, at work ( Ballys Park Place, Atlantic City) I park cars for a living, and on busy days we simply run out of spaces in the garage to park cars.

Accessing this hypercomplex para-reality...something that looks like this:
http://hightouchconcept.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/mc_escher_relativity_623x600.jpg
now I can do 6x as much business...parking cars on highly faceted walls and ceilings...and make 6x as much money! Wink

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you Escher's Parking garage.

Enola Straight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one I had a while ago...

Sometime in the indeterminate future, holographic advertising is a common commercial presence. Instead of seeing a static picture on a billboard, a full 3-D animatronic projection interacts with you...talking to you, asks what you like to eat, drink, drive, etc.

Also, different holo-ads can interact with each other one hawking this restaurant and the other pushing that beer.

These holo-ads are also endowed with intelligence: the holo-Marlboro Man knows NOT to try to interact with a child, for example.

The circuitry is very efficient and maintainence free...just some solar cells and windmills power the whole system.

Somewhere on a seaside boardwalk the holo-people have been congregating together...asking each other where all the customers went.

You see, there was some calamity that WIPED OUT THE WORLD.
Dunno if its a nuclear war, plague, zombies, mass alien abduction, or rapture, but one stretch of boardwalk escaped destruction and the holograms are the only "people" left.

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enola Straight wrote:
These holo-ads are also endowed with intelligence: the holo-Marlboro Man knows NOT to try to interact with a child, for example.

But isn't that their market? Wink

The only people left...

Well, everything old is new again. I think there was an original Star Trek episode where a hologram was the only "living" member of an ancient civilization--but your idea sounds different. I've got a short that peeps have been suggesting I turn into a novel. I don't know. Maybe: "A pair time-traveling paleontologists who are nursing a 150 y.o. family feud are trapped 75-million years in the past and must rely on each other for survival." What might that be like? Enemy Mine crossed with Dinosaur Planet crossed with just about any Harlequin romance. Rolling Eyes

S~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: