Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't take it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: I can't take it. Reply with quote

What will follow may seem entirely self-serving but hear me out.

I used to be more important around here. People used to talk to me through PM often and I had developed a reputation. I was usually part of major threads and generally, I felt loved.

But now... now when I post a new thread it hardly gets any attention. My reputation seems to have faded away entirely. I haven't had a pm conversation with somebody in over three years that I didn't start or wasn't an argument. The only people who speak to me are my old friends and even that is rare here. Plus many of my friends have vanished from PF.

I don't feel welcomed or appreciated any more.

But here's the thing. I can't just leave. PlanetFurry was my very first social connection to the furry community. I met all of my best friends here. This place is as much a part of me now as my arms. I still love it. It just doesn't love me back as much anymore.

We mid generation PFers and back all know that this place is not what it once was. But it just seems to continue declining. The old members came back for a couple of days and then vanished again.

It's slow. It's dying. And most of the active threads are either ancient or kind of pointless.

I can't leave. But I am going away. If that makes sense. I have lost all of my swaying power here. My posts garner little to often no response anymore. And most of the current members don't even know who I am. Which is expected, but they can never really know who I was here as all of the old humor has dried up. I don't know how to explain that. Its like... I was part of a comedy trio and the other two members are gone. You know? What am I to do? I can be nuts as I usually am but it's no fun without the old crew.

I'll probably stalk for a bit, notice that nothing I touched moves forward, and then give up slowly. I think I may be gone for good from PF.

My closest friends know how to get in touch with me. And who knows, I might pop into the PF chat now and again if I can remember how to do so. But as for the forum, my time here is dying a slow but inevitable death.

I owe a lot of who I am to this place. But sadly it has been forgetting me.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Asalis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean Cookie. It's just not the forum I used to know either. I'd like to stay in touch with you though if that's alright?

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
I know what you mean Cookie. It's just not the forum I used to know either. I'd like to stay in touch with you though if that's alright?

Of course Asalis! Though I don't know you very personally I've always considered you one of my extended circle of friends.

Drop around FA more often. You'll catch me there the most. Smile

That and Yahoo or Gmail IM. I log onto those now and again.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, this place used to have that warm fuzzy feeling. Now not so much, it seems that the forum fell prey to a bit of the drama it had avoided for so long, that and a lot of the old guard have moved on or only make rare posts. Plus people them selves change, I've noticed that you yourself are not quite the same person you were when you first joined. Things change you either roll with it or find yourself on the out side looking in.

Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
I know what you mean, this place used to have that warm fuzzy feeling. Now not so much, it seems that the forum fell prey to a bit of the drama it had avoided for so long, that and a lot of the old guard have moved on or only make rare posts. Plus people them selves change, I've noticed that you yourself are not quite the same person you were when you first joined. Things change you either roll with it or find yourself on the out side looking in.

Yeah I have changed. But I was at a very transitional point in life. End of teen years into adulthood.

There are things that the world has taken from me whether or not I wanted to let them go. And there are things I know now that I did not know then.

However, I am still the nutcase I always was. And I can still be very huggy-squishy with people when I want. It's just that my brand of personality is no longer compatible with the new tone this place has taken.

As this place lost it's sense of humor so did I. I ended up very frustrated with the tone and some of the management and so I went from happy Cookie to hardened Cookie. Same thing happened to Vee.

I did change. But not too drastically. I think you'll find that some of the things that seem different about me have always been there. I was just less willing to let it out.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahhhh, change, one of the most constant and least visible and most visible at the same time...
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie, do you suppose the "feel" of the forums here could be a reflection of how we're all dealing with all the other stuff that's going on in the world? Do you think a lot of us might be less communicative and have less of a presence here because there are such increasing demands upon and concerns in our lives that we've all changed, become less involved here to some extent or other?

My friend Styx kind of got me to thinking about that with his comments. When I joined the PF community in late '03 I had a lot more time to devote to my writing and to the friends and family I was cultivating here, just as I had a lot more time for my other endeavors outside of PF. As the years have gone by and the face of the world changed, perhaps so has our ability to spend so much time with friends and family we have, here at PF and elsewhere. I know that is certainly true in my case. I'm not harder to find on PF and in the furry community, I'm harder to find everywhere all the time.

There's no point to this contribution, other than to suggest that this "feel" PF has for you now may have nothing to do with you as an individual. I know the crew that I am considered a part of, "the amigos" as we call ourselves, is much less communicative than we were even a couple of years ago. We stay in touch, and they mean just as much to me now as they always have, more even. But for whatever reasons our collective social time has been whittled away at as we grew older.

I am sorry I haven't contributed as much to PF as I used to, haven't read as many stories or viewed as much art as I used to, haven't praised those artists and authors for their efforts. It's a double-edged sword, I get virtually no feedback for the aimless scribblings I post now and then. Folks have their paws full, I guess.

Hang in there, Cookie. Better days await us all. Be patient with your friends here. They still love you, even if they don't have as much time to say so as they used to.

SC

Teric

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have seen/felt the change that you describe, Skoon. Though PlanetFurry was the first furry community I joined (my first furry forum is over at James Bruner's ZZStudios.com story website), PlanetFurry was the 2nd. I joined back in 2006, and I've been here ever since.

I have very VERY much enjoyed the friendships and closeness I have found through PlanetFurry, and I love staying in contact with the friends I have gained here. But yes, I have seen somewhat of a decline in recent times.

I'm inclined to agree with Silver Coyote on this, though--the current climate (economic, social, political, etc.) is likely having somewhat of a dampening effect on our ability to devote time to PlanetFurry. That, paired with some of the drama that has occurred, is probably what caused some of the old guard to sign off and retreat for good.

I still check this forum every day, and post fairly often.

Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate what the two of you are trying to say, but you must remember that I've been patient for the last three years now.

PF has forgotten me. Plain and simple. The people here who talk to me regularly do so in other places so what's the use of this site any longer?

That old attitude is not likely to ever return. Some people are currently putting a lot of time into PF but the majority of them are new faces and I cannot connect with their (mostly) younger culture. And it's not for lack of trying.

If I stick around for another year being patient I'm just going to feel the same way then as I do now.

I want PF to want me back. To come for me. Not for me to continue wasting around and hoping. There's a difference between wanted and wanting.

The last time I considered leaving was over two years ago. Then countless people begged me not to and they showed me that I was making a mistake. So I did not leave. I was wanted.

Now I have hardly garnered any response at all on this very thread. And half of it is in agreement with me. What does that say?

Don't read this wrong. I am not angry. But I am making my point. I have been patient. But it was a long road and it's come to an end.

I had to log back in to share that.

AKA Mogthemoogle
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry too see you go Cookie, I understand the feeling PF isn't the same place it once was, I wish you the best and hope too stil see you at MFM again and here too...

Take care...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

imdmb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im new here so i cant really speak on the old feeling of here, but i can speak on the feeling of the first furry forum i joined and that place was great, i wish i could go back there... due to some stupidity on my part, aciddentialy not clicking to make sure, i ended up getting banned from the first place i joined.... i wish i could go back there... i wish i could go to the place i started at.... oh great im not going to actualy be able to make a good post on any forums for awhile apperently... they all come out depressing with me sobbing for twenty minutes.......

sorry for going off topic, i wouldent blame you if you deleted this post, the only reason im posting it anyways is because if i dont start posting i wont ever get back into it

im sorry
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the one of the ignored. I used to be exciting and fun to talk to but now I asked if anyone is interested in the idea that the famous Jaymee Fox is doing two books and it involves furries or that Jaymee Fox is an cartoonist, artist, etc.

no one cares.

I feel you. and honestly... I think using the excuse "oh i'm too busy " is kind of lame. I see people getting on facebook, saying they are bored as heck and I then say "let's have coffee!!" and I got replied "oh no i'm too busy. sorry"

------------------------
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Books?

Where?

did I miss something?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
princeben07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are leaving simply because people don't keep in touch with you?

Let me EXPLAIN to you where I stand.

I've RP'ed this chracter for almost 17+ years. I love Planetfurry, though as busy as people are, I still get LOVE from them, and NOONE On this site even knows my RP contributions over the last 17 years and counting.

I've never been to furry conventions or none of that, but my RP WORLD that exists online and IRL still tend to puzzled BAFFLE people. I'm a member of 153 RP sites and I don't expect ANYONE to breathe the same air that I DO.

There are 3 kinds of people;

1. Those that WISH things could happen.
2. Those that WANT things to happen.
3. Those that MAKE things happen.

I'm number 3, as slow-going as it is. I've a 1-year old daughter and I fix computers 24/7. I cook, clean and do laundry, plus answer my 4 cell phobnes for dumb-ass clients who can't frak* find the POWER button on a computer.

You're whining about something as miniscule as this? When I feel the need to keep RP-shopping, that's EXACTLY what I do!! The site that I'm on right now, BESIDES the old-school P.F., people can't frak* STAND me, so I tell their dumb-asses to sit the frak* down!!! LOL!!!

You are leaving on your own accord because ofsomething you are lacking in REAL life; people on ALL RP sites have outside lives, and you have to respect that. Alot retire from RP; alot just HAVE outside lives besides a computer. ^_^

Word up.

DCN 4 LIFE!!

Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
the famous Jaymee Fox is doing two books and it involves furries

I didn't now you were doing a book...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Introductions / Departures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: