Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to go?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where would you like to send Lucas Dagget?
India
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Cambodia
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Indonesia
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Central America
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Where to go? Reply with quote

Well, my research in one half of this story is almost done. Diagrams for the campus is drawn, the research on tenure is virtually done. now i just gotta figure out where to send the poor character. This is where you all come into place. You vote, and I'll write about it in the first chapter.

the poll will run for 7 days.

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on people, give me your opinions on this. :p i have 5 days to go before i start the real research on the new culture anyways. anything you're interested in finding out about the particular place you voted for? something of personal interest you'd like to see discussed?
Syrius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote Indonesia.
Benleopard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indonesia Razz
South_Munjoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for 'The Big Durian, aka, Jakarta. --I hope you know where that is. Smile
mwalimu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What story or setting is this poll in regard to?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the story is going to be a mixture of fantasy and reality. To make life easier for me, the college Lucas Dagget works at is going to be fictional. The majority of the story is about this professor and his search for the "perfect story". From story arch to story arch he will be traveling to various places around the world, researching first hand the different folklores and myth's that are popular within those regions.

I am obviously, taking some of the idea from a few big books and movies i've read in my childhood, but I've always enjoyed this genre of storytelling, and wish to bring to life, the folklore of different cultures to the reader.

I want to make this more of a fantasy/mystery type of a genre. demons, demi-gods, and the such are seen in the area's he's studying etc. I'm sure yall catch the general idea now.

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South_Munjoy wrote:
I vote for 'The Big Durian, aka, Jakarta. --I hope you know where that is. Smile

Didn't expect Indonesia to be this popular Wink

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to hold off on giving away too much information on the story I am planning on as of right now. I know that you are rather busy with your own workload Mikey, and I didn't want to add to your burden.

Besides, right now, i am still in the research section of this first chapter so it's unsure as to when i'll be even near completion.

But i am very excited about this particular concept. It's a combination of things I've always been very interested in.

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Hmm ... Reply with quote

Jakarta, yeah.

Or the glove box of my 1973 International Pickup.

Either one.

Kel

Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's been about a week now. So Indonesia has the victory! I'll prolly relocate my polls for future adventures to the forum for my website. Thank you all for your participation. Maybe next time the folks who voted for India will get a chance ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: