Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Notes from The Range, 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Notes from The Range, 2009 Reply with quote

A continuation of the rants, ramblings, and occasionally useful or interesting stuff from my pseudo-blog. This is the place to comment about whatever it is you find at the 2009 pseudo-blog that strikes your fancy.

Have fun!

SC

Teric

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year, SC! May 2009 bring you much better fortune and blessings than previous years.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: 2009? Reply with quote

Ah, a new start for a new year, then!

Happy New Year!

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, gentlefurs. It's going good so far!

Hey Kel ... how 'bout them Sharks? Looks like they're gonna go ...

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: NHL and such ... Reply with quote

Kinda looks like the Sharks and the Bruins this year.

Maybe next year for the Ducks, eh?

BTW, did you find the other guest fur in my current story?

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Yesterday was the first solid "on line" day I've had in quite some time. I'll be getting back to story reading soon, I hope, now that the holiday honey-do list seems to be nearing completion.

No spoilers, please!

SC

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

belated,perhaps, but Happy Birthday Lady Fox!!!

TM and crew.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: blog comments Reply with quote

From reading your post about your youngest coyfox, I know what that is.

I have three protrusions, 2 in, 1 out. Even though the doc says I'm not a candidate for surgery, this pain and muscle spasm thing going on in my lower back is almost to the unbearable level at times.

Hope your little one gets the care she needs.

Kellan

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow morning (3 April) we find out what the physical therapy entails, how often it has to happen, and for how long. I will keep you all posted just as soon as I know what we're talking about.

Thanks for your concern and commiseration, Kel. At least my little girl has some knowledgeable company to share this situation with.

Stay tuned ...

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Easter '09 photo album Reply with quote

Finally had a chance to sit down (the cat found my lap in a heartbeat) and look at your trip photos. You took some nice shots and that retrospect set at the buttes was excellent. You make me want to drag out the camera and start traveling again. I might have to do some videography of my home town for y'all.

Oh, did I just hear my back scream in protest? LOL!

Slainte!

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Your blog Reply with quote

Just read the latest installment of your Pseudo-Blog, SC.

I can empathize with your situation. The tigress and I lost three summers with my mother-in-law, the lady taking great care to plan out her surgeries to coincide with the tigress' vacation time. She had one hip done one summer, then the other done the next, then finally had minor knee surgery and a cataract removal on the third summer.

I think the big difference here is you and yours are concerned about the parents, where we were saddled with Lucifer's sister. I'm sure your family members appreciate your concern whereas my mom-in-law was giving us the same treatment your 'favorite customer' was giving you.

Hang in there, friend. Things have got to get better. We are still keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

BTW, that 'Sequential Art' cartoon strip was priceless! Reminds me of some of the contractors that work on our schools.

Kellan

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo! Welcome to Kayla! I hope she brings many happy hours, days, and years to The Range!

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww wow, she's really pretty SC. I love that breed, ever since I used to sleep at my granddad's place as a kid. He'd snore so loud that all the windows would rattle and keep me awake. I don't know WHAT frequency he hit but to a small child, it was horribly scary. I slept three rooms away from him and it was impossible to sleep at all in there. He was just ... way too loud.

So I'd go sneak up into his dog's basket. Her name was Laika (like the space dog) and she'd curl up around me and protect me and then I'd go to sleep. She was the most peaceful dog in the world ... except if anyone tried to bother me while I slept in her basket.

Grrr! No touchy baby!

Oh, and she loved to play soccer, except she didn't really know not to bite the balls so she punctured a lot of them. Only to become really embarrassed and hide in her basket for an hour.

Lovely dog. I'll never forget her and she's the main reason I want one of those myself at some point. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have yet to hear Kayla raise her voice. She has not barked once since coming home with us. Oh sure, she growls and whines playfully when I wrestle with her (gently) on the carpet, and she talks to us in a similar manner when she thinks we ought to be taking her for a walk (which happens at least three times a day), but no barking ,,,

She is a sweetheart. She is so mellow compared to other animal friends we've had living with us. Nothing ruffles her, and she's perfectly happy being the object of adoration for hours on end ...

(I'd say something about her being a typical female, but I expect my life expectancy would be reduced to minutes by saying such wantonly provocative things, so I won't.)

Stairs seem to confound her a bit, though. She takes them very slowly and ploddingly, and sometimes needs some coaxing. I wonder if she has some sort of joint pain, or whether she's just never lived in a house with stairs before. When she first came home she looked at them, and us using them, like they were some sort of magic.

We had a real time getting her up into the beast to go to the vet. She has yet to get herself into or out of my recalcitrant conveyance under her own power, I usually have to pick her up. No small feat when you consider that she weighs 100 pounds! When I learned that at the vet I almost fell over. She looks chunky, but not that chunky. And maybe I'm a bit more studly that I thought, at least in my ignorance. I'd have never even thought of trying to pick her up had I know what she really weighs!

But outside of that she seems to be in perfect health physically and mentally. I couldn't have asked for a better friend and companion for me and my family. I think I may have a new role model for Mojave in Precious Cargo ...

Thank you for the story Filly. It sounds as though your grandpa's pooch knew how valuable you were back then, and how valuable you would one day be to us all. And the bit about the snoring, that was funny! Reminded me of my own father. When I was a kid we got a Labrador puppy, and the first night at home my dad scared him so bad with his snoring he started barking and ran to the other end of the house. We were laughing so hard I don't know who was more embarassed, the pooch or my pop.

Good times ... <sighs>

SC

D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see that you and your family have finally found a new four footed friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Silver Coyote's Range All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: