Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Story Richards Dream Chapter Two

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: New Story Richards Dream Chapter Two Reply with quote

Chapter 2

Thomas Conrad put on his long coat and waited for his wife to exit the bathroom. This was something they all had heard about but never thought it would happen to their own. But here and now it struck, a shooting and now it was their boy in the hospital. He felt anger, sadness he wanted vengeance but that would all have to wait; he just wanted his son back. Mrs. Conrad stepped out and tried to smile.

"How do I look?"

"Beautiful as ever." Thomas Conrad commented, it was the truth and he loved her so.

"Thomas what going happen …I mean?" Her eyes began to tear.

"At this moment we are going to the hospital, we'll deal with what ever happens next Erma."

"What…if…?"

He embraced her, "Then we'll go on and remember and never forget." She cried and he tried not to but the tears came anyway.

Todd had to park what seemed like a mile away from the hospital. He never understood why the parking lots were always so far away from hospital entrances. He quickly went to the main desk and inquired about Richard. He was told that Mr. Conrad had been admitted and was still in surgery. He would have to wait in the waiting room.

Todd hated hospitals, his mother died in one when he was young. Her illness caused her great pain and it brought back horrible memories of those days. Now it was happening all again, even if Richard lived he was going to be in horrible pain for years to come. Those bullet wounds were serious and he knew it.
As he entered into the waiting area he saw Peter and he didn't look good. His eyes were swollen and filled with tears. He looked up and saw Todd coming his way and got up to meet him.

"Todd." He put his arms around the badger and gave him a hug. Todd wasn't used to this much affection from his employee's but nevertheless he let Peter pour out his emotions.

They separated and sat down; it was going to be a long afternoon. "It's ok Peter, we have done our very best to help Rich. Now maybe you can tell me what happened. Everything happened so fast, it's a blur. I really don't believe it."

Peter found it difficult to talk but things eased as he began to explain, "Well I was just heading towards the elevator to head down to get a drink and I decided to look outside, that big window…you know the one." Todd nodded, "then I saw Richard with his arms up fall to the ground as a fur dressed in black take off with his car."

So that's what happened he thought, "The police will want to talk to you."

"Yeah, I know." He was trembling. "Todd what if he dies?" More tears flowed from Peter's eyes, "What I am I going to do? He's my best friend."

"I know Peter but he isn't gone yet! He's strong he'll make it." Todd wasn't so sure but if he didn't back Peter now he was going to fall apart. Todd thought he was doing very considering the circumstances. "You don't let go of him until its all over, ok Peter."

"Ok Todd." Peter eyes conveyed the sadness that Todd felt as well but he hadn't let it show. Todd had known these guys for years. They did most things together; at one time he had thought that one of them might be gay. But as he got to know them better he saw a strong friendship other than what would be a relationship. Peter wasn't really what would be called a masculine fur by any mean really to look at. In fact with some trimming here and there he could pass for a female of the species. But that didn't make him gay; he was just a gentle fur whose feelings really showed. Sometimes he wished he could show his true feelings as well.

"I called Richard's Parents they should be here soon."

"That's good Todd." Questions ran through Peter's mind, "Why Todd? Why Richard? He didn't mean to say them aloud but it slipped out. "Rich doesn't have a mean bone in his body."

"I don't know why Peter, bad things happen to good people every day. It's sad but it happens." It was then their conversation was interrupted by shouting.

"Stay away from me you idiot!" shouted a very large Cat-taur as she glared at a slim black rabbit.

"I'm sorry but my foot slipped off the clutch, I'm so sorry!" the male rabbit said in a most sincere voice.

"I'm as big as a truck and you run into me. You Klutz!" The cat-taur shouted.

"I'm so sorry! Please please forgive me, I didn't mean to do it!"

Suddenly the femme became silent and her eyes rolled back into her head. It was then that she fell off the crash cart prompting Todd and Peter to run to help. She was heavy and trying to pick her up was difficult task but they managed to get her back upon the gurney. She was out cold and breathing very shallow. Several nurses and orderlies came rushing in and helped, they put an oxygen mask over her muzzle. Then they wheeled her away leaving the young black rabbit just standing there confused.

"It was an accident." He said softly.

"I'm sure it was." Todd said trying to help, "She was just hurt, she didn't mean all those things." He felt bad for this young fellow.

"I guess your right but I feel really bad." The black rabbit held his head down, "I hope she will be ok."

He really looked sorry and Peter's heart went out to him. "Hi my name is Peter and this is Todd. Think you could eat something, I sure could."

"Yeah haven't had too much today, name's Max nice to meet you."

They left for the cafeteria to have a bit to eat, hoping to put a little bit of the worry out of their minds for the moment. There would be plenty of time for that they knew. They returned to find Mr. and Mrs. Conrad in the waiting room. Peter gave Mrs. Conrad a sentimental hug.

"It's good to see you Mrs. Conrad." Peter said half crying.

"You too Peter, you're a good friend. Any word?"

"They rushed him into surgery the minute we got here. They were doing their best in the ambulance."

"I bet they were." She took a deep breath, "What happened Peter?" Mrs. Conrad was a very thin Raccoon, much like Peter; older but certainly not past her prime. Mr. Conrad was quite the opposite heavy set with a round paunch; his small shaped glasses and hat made him look very fatherly. At this moment he seemed to be keeping his feeling under control.

Peter had forgotten totally about Todd standing behind him until he stepped back and bumped into him. "Oh sorry Todd…Mr. and Mrs. Conrad this it Todd Abraham's, Richards and my boss."

Todd put out his paw in greeting, "Sorry I had to call with such unfortunate news."

"It's understandable Mr. Abraham's, its nice to meet you. Richard has mentioned you on many occasions." Mrs. Conrad replied.

"Hopefully he had good things to say." Todd put on a big smile hoping to break the atmosphere somewhat. It really hadn't been all that long since the incident; approximately 2 ½ hours but it seemed much longer.

Time at the hospital seemed to flow like grains of sand; the waiting was the most horrible part. A police officer came by to question them both.

The large giraffe was awe striking in the uniform, Peter hadn't seen too many in these parts. They mainly liked the warmer climates. He had a kind face and tried to be a polite and nonabrasive.

"I know this is difficult right now Mr. Dously, but tell me in your own words what you saw?"

Peter did and the officer took down notes, "…then I saw him hit the ground, the black figure jumped in Rich's car a sped off. After that, I don't remember a lot, just getting in the ambulance."

"Ok, Mr. Dously did you see anyone else around?"

"No just the one fur."

"Do you know much about the vehicle that was stolen?"

Peter knew and told him, although he couldn't remember the license plate. All he could do was think about Rich, this was all a nightmare…his hopes and dreams were rising and falling like the shallow breath that Rich now took. He didn't know what he was going to do without his friend. He completely forgot about the police officer; that was until he gave him a polite shake.

"Mr. Dously?"

Todd saw that the officer was having difficulties and came over, "It might be best officer to come back a little later; this just happened and were all a bit off kilter."

He nodded, "I have a description of the vehicle, I'll get our guys out looking for it."

"I hope you catch the bastard." Todd didn't like using language but he wanted this scum behind bars.

"We'll do our best."

Todd just nodded and watched the officer walk away and go and talk to one of the nurses. "Come Peter I think its best we sit again, its going to be a long time before we hear anything."

Max the black rabbit -they had met- turned out to be the lucky one. He heard first about the Cat-taur he had hit with his car. She had a broken rib that punctured one of her lungs. Her operation went smoothly and she was going to be fine.

Max and Peter exchanged numbers and it looked like the start of a new friendship. Todd hoped it didn't have to replace the old one. He waved good-bye as he took off, he said he had to seek council and talk with the police some more. He ran off after the officer that they had just finished talking to.

Hours went by when finally the family was called by one of the nurse's there. Mr. and Mrs. Conrad started out but stopped when they saw that Peter hadn't moved.

Mrs. Conrad stepped back and put out her paw, "Come Peter you've been of our family since you were wee little boys, its best that you come with us." Peter got up and Todd wished him well, all the while wishing he could come too.

The doctor's office was neat and packed boxes littered the floor, the doctor wasn't here yet. However they didn't have to wait long until an older lady porcupine came in and presented her paw in greeting. She noticed the young chipmunk with them and assumed it was an adopted son. Many couples had mixed children.

"Good afternoon Mr. and Mrs. Conrad, I'm Doctor Helen Janesfield. I apologies for the mess, I just moved here. I'm sorry that our meeting is not on better circumstances."

"What about our son?" Mrs. Conrad blurted out; she had been waiting so long that she couldn't contain herself.

The Doctor sighed and took her seat; she opened a file that she had carried in with her. "Richard sustained 5 bullet wounds to the chest area. Two of which passed directly through him causing little damage as things go. The other three however caused quite a bit of havoc in his body. One went through his lung and hit his spinal column. One hit a major blood vessel and the other is logged in his heart."

"Oh my God!" Mrs. Conrad cried out and she began to weep. Mr. Conrad comforted his wife the best he could but he himself found that he was on the verge of tears.

"We were able to stabilize him finally… but he is very weak. His heart stopped twice while we worked on him. I'm sorry for the long wait Mr. and Mrs. Conrad but your son required my full attention. I could not leave him to talk to you."

"Is he out of danger now?" Mr. Conrad asked.

"No I'm afraid not, we did all we could just to stabilize him. We had to leave the bullet in his heart because it would have been too much of a strain on him right now."

The Conrad's hung their heads and said a silent prayer for him; Mrs. Conrad gave Peter's paw a squeeze.

"What's the prognosis for him?" Mr. Conrad continued for it was obvious that his mate wasn't able to speak.

"It's too soon to tell Mr. Conrad, your son lost a lot of blood but I can make some approximations. In time most of his wounds would heal but his heart will always be weak."
She paused before she made her final statement.

"Mr. and Mrs. Conrad I have great concern for Richard at this time and the next few hours and days are critical. If he can survive these coming hours then there is a good chance of him making a full recovery. Time is a major factor here and its working against Richard. There is one good thing in Richards favor, he is young and healthy. That's going to play a major role in recovery process." She sighed, "There isn't much more to tell, he's at rest and comfortable. Now I think all of you would like to see him, I'm sure." They nodded, "Now he doesn't look too good and he has a lot of tubes coming out of his body. I just wanted to make you aware of that ok. Now if you will follow me I'll take you to him."

They followed the doctor but Peter told them to wait. He ran back and got Todd, he deserved to see him too.

The bright harsh lights gave the room and everything a bluish tint. The overly white walls made the room bare of any warmth. The room was full of noises, machines humming and beeping and in the back corner laid Richard, his body connected to them like just another part of the equipment.

As the doctor had said he didn't look good, his fur was dull, its shine was all gone. There were large patches of fur shaved off for the I.V. needles. He looked almost dead but no one said anything. The slow hiss and shush of a respirator obviously assisting Richard to breathe gave the subtle fading of hope as it pulsed on each breath took. A tube ran from it and down his throat, it didn't look at all pleasant.

"You can stay for a short time," the doctor said. "I'll be back in a few moments."

Mrs. Conrad could hardly speak; her only son was so near yet so far away. "Oh Thomas, he looks so hurt, my baby! Who could have done such a thing?"

"I know Erma, I know." Taking her paw in his they moved closer, he found it hard to look at him, he seemed so lifeless.

Mrs. Conrad took her son's paw and stroked his grey furred head. "Its ok dear, Mommy's here and everything is going to be ok. You get better soon, we'll be right here." It was ever so slight but Richard's paw moved a bit to grasp his mother's.

"Thomas he squeezed my paw!" Everyone smiled it was a good sign.

Peter's heart stopped then began to beat again, "Way to go Rich. I knew you'd fight."

"That's it Richard, you hang in son." Thomas Conrad could have never been any prouder of his boy at that moment.

Todd put his arm across Peter's shoulder. "That's one tough Raccoon you have there Mr. & Mrs. Conrad."

They smiled back and the tensions in the room seem to ease a bit.

Sabrina sent her email off to Richard and waited for him to reply. They often exchanged greeting this time of the day, however nothing came back. It wasn't like Richard; he was usually at his desk at this time of the day. She double-checked his break schedule and he was long passed that. Maybe he was in a meeting she thought. Her work was almost done; she just had to get it approved by Zig Zag and then ship it out. She fired up the colour laser printer and out came the new proofs for the boxes to a new series.

She was really pleased with them as she had managed to cover most of the most sensitive pictures on the boxes. She had gotten pretty creative with overlapping and she knew these would meet almost every countries restrictions. She knew some wouldn't pass but she had backups for that purpose. These would make ninety eight percent of the market for sure. She remembered the first ones she did, boy she had something to learn. The list for some of the countries was a mile long, it had taken awhile but she got it down as to what she could and what she couldn't do. She was glad her learning stage was over; she hated doing things over and over. She made her way to Zig Zag's office only to find her dressed to the hilt, in what she thought was one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever seen.

"Wow!" Sabrina said out loud, alerting Zig Zag to her presence.

"You like." Zig Zag said doing a complete 180. She looked like a Goddess in that dress.

Sabrina took hold of the material and rubbed it between her fingers. The material was soft and velour; the burgundy colour just accented Zig Zag's black and white natural colouring. "Bet this cost something." She said with wide eyes.

"A small fortune," She grinned. "Would you like to have it when I'm done?"

Sabrina looked at Zig Zag with this strange look.

"It's not what you think! I'm going to a business meeting. I really have to make a good impression. One of our major buyer's is going to be there and I really can't afford to screw this up."

"Well you look hot, any guy will sign a contract the minute they spy you. That's for sure!" Even Sabrina was impressed.

"Well our buyer is a woman and she is as straight as an arrow. So my attire will be criticized to the max tonight. If my earrings are on backwards she'll know right away."

"Ouch! Sorry, hope things go well. I'm betting they will, you have a way of charming anyone."

"Ooooh then I have you under my spell as well." She put on a big grin.

Sabrina gave Zig a light punch. "You wish." Sabrina said winking. "Ah… I have the proofs done for your approval. Do you have time to look at them?"

"Sure lets see them." Zig took the proofs from her and began to examine them. "Lovely work, Sabrina. I like this one, very creative. Nice way you overlapped the pictures nice going." She was always impressed with Sabrina's talent; she was glad that she had worked out. "Hey wait a minute the Ninety minute special edition isn't here! It was to go out with these." She looked at Sabrina hoping she had some answers; she needed this for the year-end.

"That's being held up Zig, didn't you read the memo. The test film was bad and they are trying to salvage what they can so they can at least give me something to start with."

"Drat! Sabrina you're going to have to keep these until you can get the other done. It has to go as a set. I'll see in the morning how they are doing on the photos for you. If they have some I'll get them to you so you can work on them ok. I'm sorry but it might mean you will have to work late one night. I really need this to go as soon as possible."

"Ok Zig that won't be too much of a problem." She took back the proofs and headed for the door. The she stopped and turned around. "Ah…did you really mean that about the dress?" She queried.

"Yes, if you want it you can have it."

"Yes please Zig, Richard will love it." She smiled.

"I think most men would." She grinned.

Sabrina returned to her small office. It had been a closet once but now it was her own little space. Zig had installed a high speed Internet connection that she loved. She looked at her mailbox icon and it still showed no sign of new messages. She was disappointed but she would call him tonight to say hi. Then there was a knock at her door and she turned to see who it was. As she turned she saw a gorgeous lovely pink rabbit in the doorway. Wow she thought to herself, she is built.

"Hello can I help you?" She hadn't seen this woman before, could be that she did work here…since she wasn't here all the time, to know everyone.

"Yes please. I'm looking for the office of Mrs. Zig Zag. I was to audition today for a position. I didn't see anyone at the front desk, so I came back here, I hope that was ok?"

"Not a problem, I can take you to her Miss…"

"Oh sorry, Miss Leslie Bunny."

"Well if you will follow me Miss Bunny I'll take you right to her. My name is Sabrina, nice to meet you." She put out her hand and the rabbit gave it a light shake.

"Nice to meet you too." She smiled back.

Leslie followed Sabrina to Zig Zag's office. Sabrina knocked and Zig's voice could be heard on the inside ushering them in.

"Zig your afternoon appointment is here to see you, a Miss Leslie Bunny." Sabrina announced.

"Oh yes I almost forgot! Thank you, Sabrina, for showing her in. Nice to meet you in person Miss Bunny, come, sit."

Sabrina took her cue to exit and left them to their business. Knowing Zig it could get quite intense.
"Thank you Sabrina" said Leslie.

"No problem Miss Bunny, hope you get the part."

As Sabrina walked back to her office she remarked that Leslie seemed like a very nice person. Heck everyone who worked at the studio was nice. She had wanted to talk to Zig in moving in full time but she wasn't sure if that what Zig wanted her to do. She would have to wait for another day to talk to her about that. She packed up her things and headed out. Without the pictures she really didn't have much to do. However once she got them it was going to be rush, rush, rush! She hoped that she could do a good job under pressure. She had never been pressured ever since she started here. But it looked like this project was going to have a deadline and that worried her somewhat. .

End of Chapter 2

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter.

But I find it a bit difficult to put a "smile" smiley here...

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent chapter!

I like it!

of course...it is a bittersweet chapter mano!

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Another under the rug Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Much appreciated Smile

I know its as Fish says bitter sweet...

Rolling Eyes

Cheetaur

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cheets, I was wondering when you were going to work on this some more?

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Hey Styx Reply with quote

Hi Styx,

Yes i do intend to continue with RD, just that things have been piling up on me in RL.

Do not fear a new chapter will come out sometime soon, if things don't get any worse on this end.

Thanks for the buzz, i appreciate folks contacting me about stuff..Smile

Oh and S4 is also in the works too.

Cheetaur

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm S4

*Foams at the mouth*

So is the official title going to be "Sabrina to the Nth degree"? Very Happy

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: hey Styx Reply with quote

Well the tentive title is

Sabrina to the fourth power.....

Tentive

Twisted Evil

Cheetaur

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good, solid chapter my friend. I like it and with a hint at the end of stresses piling up beyond what Sabrina knows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Hey Cateagle Reply with quote

Very Happy

Wow thanks for the kind words, trying my hardest with this story. Its a whole different approach on this one... I hope i can pull it off.

Yes as you said Sabrina has a lot of things in the wings and some of those are not so nice.

Many thanks for reading I appreciate it very much.

Cheetaur

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: hey Styx Reply with quote

mfwhite wrote:
Well the tentive title is

Sabrina to the fourth power.....

Hmmm.... Twisted Evil

You could call it "Sabrina quartered" Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's not "Sabrina, Drawn & Quartered"

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
As long as it's not "Sabrina, Drawn & Quartered"

Maybe if he makes it a co-production with Cirrel...

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: I'd love to team up with Cirrel Reply with quote

His images are fantastic, love to see his rendition of the clones....Smile

Nice to see your Nameless, hope you have been well....Smile

If you want to chat anytime, say hi

I'm on most of the message systems just tell me which one and we'll hook up..Smile

Cheetaur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cheetaur All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: