Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Furry Drawing 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Furry Drawing 101 Reply with quote

Cool Buenas Noches Clase!! HOOZAH!!! Smile .... yer supposed to say Hoozah back Wink

Ahhhh, drawing, yes drawing furry characters is a really cool way to express yourself, who hasnīt had the desire of being able to draw his character just fur fun? or perhaps wished to render his/her favorite scene of furry fanfic stories on paper? well, everyone i know DOES!

But there are a lot of thoughts concerning being able and not being able to do so, my advice? well... have you tried it? yes? did you keep up with it and tried again? yes? well, have you practiced since then? no? well thereīs your answer... i mean, go on ask every famous furry artist out there, MBR, EWS, Michelle Light, you name it, and they will end up saying the same, Furry Art requires practice, lots of it!

Some months ago Rava dearest asked me some tips about drawing, i said that there are three main rules (inside my crazy little world located in my head) that apply for drawing:

1. It does NOT have to be perfect.
2. To acquire a goal you must follow the 3 Pīs: Practice, Practice aaaaand... PRACTICE!
3. The most important of all.... *sound of wind passing Wink* itīs having fun Smile

I will get into these rules later and now letīs get practicing, for our next class comming later this week...

the 101 of drawing requires you to know certain basics... from now on, every drawing you make will require to give it volume and mass, well at least most of them anyway...

so, ready? cool, well, i hope i donīt get linched or anything but here i go, you must learn how to draw spheres, cones, cylinders (SP?), and cubes, all of every shape imaginable, why??? well, youīll see later...

please hold on while i finish your first homework, and post it here... brb...

Ok, sorry for taking so long... well, letīs start by drawing basic shapes, and taking a look at things around, shall we? please look at the image below to have an idea of what iīm talking about, and apply as you see around yourself, try your hand at drawing everyday use stuff, radios, pc monitor, a pc case, a photo camera, a book, etc, nothing too fancy yet, just get a feeling of it so you can start your way on becoming an artist... go on, try it, itīs fun! Smile

Last edited by elMaxx on Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

home work? Ack! I feel like i'm at school! With Maxx as a teacher!

.... Hey that could be fun

*starts making paper airplanes*

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chibi Maxx!! Wink
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, questions, comments, rants, ravings.... incoherent text..... anyone?
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paper airplane!

*Tosses a paper airplane at maxx*

I have a bit of trouble making the pipe bend properly, any suggestions?

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, try doing S's, put one S next to another, normal S's, in the upright position, the shadow is just a trick to make it look 3D (just a bit), next, try doing the same as before, but put the S's lying down... once you get the hang of basic shapes, we can move to more stuff...

Along the way many of you will become frustrated, but it comes with the job, that frustration may lead to block, and that bloc if not managed well can disable your drawing skills, and once again i encourage you to practice, because only that will make you do better stuff.

A fine example of that is Mr. James Bruner, of www.zzstudios.com fame, one year ago he said clearly that he didn't knew how to draw, now he's really good at penciling furs, he does sketches almost flawlessly, and he's happy with the results, he did not start making them looking pretty at the first try, no, he did one, two, three pics a day and made a huge leap forward, in his own words: "Practice and you'll be good; practice hard, and you'll be great".

I think i'll post the "Furry heads basic tutorial" later today (which to my amazement was completed yesterday night!), so you can start doodling along by tomorrow... have fun! and catch you later.

PS: please post your questions and suggestions, only that will make this tutorial better, and if you have any ideas share them, we all can use a bit o'learning.... and Pat... once i'll get UT, you will be soooo fragged Wink

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxx wrote:
Ok, questions, comments, rants, ravings.... incoherent text..... anyone?

Basic shapes, shadings and inanimate objects are easy to me- its drawing an actual figure (human or furry) I cant do (or do without spending 6 hours and it still looks like stick figures from kindergarden hell)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, glad you asked, on my next segment, iīll incorporate these figures to basic body shapes, once youget the idea, and the practice, youīll notice a considerable ammount of improvement, just hang on, sort your thoughts, breathe deep, be cool and iīll try to help out in whichever way i can...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Surprised Hilo Maxxxx this is Katt, one of tvdaves vixens, playing here, ans we did a drawling of tv just for your class, for you, and hes so silly

katt vixen
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paper Airplane Squadron of death attack!

*Tosses multiple Paper Airplanes in Maxx's direction*

Hey whens are next lesson coming?

fuzzy?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: