Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Act IV CHapter 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, I couldn't control myself.
Great chapter Hikaru, you've ratcheted up the anticipation for the next one quite well as usual

Smoky Joe

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Never let it be said I don't give credit where credit's due....

Smoky Joe wrote:
Does time pass differently while in different dimensions? Like 9 months in Ruddygore's universe might only equate to a few months in Sheila's world, or something.

Just another monkey wrench to throw in the works for those of us trying to figure out this story. Very Happy

OK Smokey Joe, I rethought my idea about timelines after reading that and went ahead and shifted the time-line a bit in Sheila's old world. It gave me a TRULY evil twist that was going to be lacking for the plot.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I gave Hikaru a new way to be even more sadistic?

Of course, it was Hikaru's idea anyway - I was only asking because that's the way time works in Yin's Story.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep yep. It wasn't something I'd planned on. With Yin's IC, I used that as a mechanism to allow Yin to run off on big adventures while effectively having her just step "out of frame" for a short while back in the SJ.

However, it did give me a TRULY evil idea (actually several) of which one is already in motion.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me there is a shit load of trouble heading in Sheila's direction. I have an idea or two on what some of it will be.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please... feel free to speculate. Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
webkilla

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if we do... which we most likely will, then you'll churn out some horrificly dramatic sequence that'll be far better than anything we could ever (wet)dream up!
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing that comes from such speculation is you never know what sinister thought's you'll prompt.

The best part for ME is it tells me if my clues and/or distractions are working.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha. I knew you had to be misleading us at least a little bit.

anyway time to speculate.

As I recal Luci only gave Sheila nine months of memories. This leaves a time gap of three months, and I don't believe that the authoraties will believe she was unconcious for the whole memory lapse. So she will probably have to claim some sort of amnesia to get by with it. (This could have changed as I haven't checked the end of act III chpater 50 yet.)

Also she has only been pregnant for about nine months and is about to pop. This would lead the police and FBI to believe that the kits are probably by the mob bosses that ordered the kidnapping. How is she going to convince anyone that the kits are by Arden, as most likely Arden would have been long and dead by the time she would have gotten pregnant or would not have been in any position to impregnate her.

Luxo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a point there, HH. How can Sheila claim that the kits are from Arden and her if she was kidnapped for more than a year? Maybe she won't say anything, but that surely will cause problems with Arden if he comes back. A whole "You dun love me" thing, possibly.

What about Sabrina? If Arden tells her that she is going to die, she probably won't, but, who can tell if she is going to die in another way? How will affect this to Arden?

This is going to be very interesting.
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome start to a new Act, Hikaru. I can't come up with anything that hasn't already been said... I want to just wait and see how it unfolds. Also if you're interested I'd be happy to offer my proofreading services. In addition to the obvious benefit of being able to read the chapters before everybody else, I'm kind of a spelling nut anyway and I might be able to catch some stuff you miss. Imagine my shock and surprise when Mike Regan caught some spelling errors in one of my stories, heh. But I guess it's different when you're writing it, and I'd be happy to help if you want it.

Otherwise, I'm content to be an avid reader as I always have been. A very good start. And Sheila actually had a contraction on the boat when they were at Eden... she's gonna pop not in a matter of days, but a matter of hours. Smile My question now is - at what point in Zig and Sheila's timeline will Arden return? Now, as the trial is about to be ended? Or perhaps later, after Sheila gives birth? Hmm... Smile

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
Awesome start to a new Act, Hikaru. I can't come up with anything that hasn't already been said... I want to just wait and see how it unfolds. Also if you're interested I'd be happy to offer my proofreading services. In addition to the obvious benefit of being able to read the chapters before everybody else, I'm kind of a spelling nut anyway and I might be able to catch some stuff you miss. Imagine my shock and surprise when Mike Regan caught some spelling errors in one of my stories, heh. But I guess it's different when you're writing it, and I'd be happy to help if you want it.

Heh... OK. Thanks. I'll consider the offer. Smile

Of course, the trick is that you have to be around when I'm ready to post the chapter. I genenrally write it on Saturday and ship it off to Jim for editing. He gets it back Sunday and I post it not long afer, so there isn't much of a gap for a 2nd editor.

Xaqtly wrote:
Otherwise, I'm content to be an avid reader as I always have been. A very good start. And Sheila actually had a contraction on the boat when they were at Eden... she's gonna pop not in a matter of days, but a matter of hours. Smile My question now is - at what point in Zig and Sheila's timeline will Arden return? Now, as the trial is about to be ended? Or perhaps later, after Sheila gives birth? Hmm... Smile

Actually, there are contractions that are designed to cause the baby to turn so it's head down. These contractions take place weeks before the actual birth. I also forgot to show this happening prior to that one scene. My bad.

Guess y'all will have to wait and see as to when she actually goes into labor, eh?

Mike Regan wrote:
Did you notice something in the story?

Before they left Sheila forewent (is there such a word?) her birth control and was also in heat. That was 9 months before Arden completed his quest and she returned.

BUT - The new reports say that the announcement of her being found was almost a "Year to the day" following them vanishing.

Lucifer said one year to the day. Either the prior time line was changed and Arden did not get her or this is one LONG pregnancy.

I also think with the one year hint that Arden is about to appear.

Hmmm... Could be.... Could be..... Twisted Evil

webkilla

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

I can see the obvious logical one year/nine month pregy thing - but at least look at it from 'their' point of view...

The authorities cant tell of sheila got knocked up the day before she kidnapped or three months after - and she might just say that she first got kidnapped three months after she disapiered! (ok, that last one might not make much sense, but it could happen)

Also, I'd love to see a scene were khansman has sent a hitman or two after sheila to prevent her from saving Zig Zag - and then Arden comes in, magic n all, saving the day.

That would be oh so very sweet.

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

webkilla wrote:
I can see the obvious logical one year/nine month pregy thing - but at least look at it from 'their' point of view...

The authorities cant tell of sheila got knocked up the day before she kidnapped or three months after - and she might just say that she first got kidnapped three months after she disapiered! (ok, that last one might not make much sense, but it could happen)

*nods* What happened and how they will interpret it is something that will eventually be addressed. Smile

webkilla wrote:
Also, I'd love to see a scene were khansman has sent a hitman or two after sheila to prevent her from saving Zig Zag - and then Arden comes in, magic n all, saving the day.

That would be oh so very sweet.

Nope. Damage is done. She's in FBI custody and out of her reach. By the time she would be vulnerable, it would be way too late.

I can't promise that there will be people gunning for someone in the future, but you never know with me. Smile

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all is said and done someone is going to be gunning for Sheila as she would have incriminated them or someone close to them #2gunfire . But they may have a stroke of rational thought and not do anything.
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigger definately doesn't like Kahnsman. She was out to see him dead or to see him get caught in his scheme and get put behind bars. So I believe we will see The Return Of The Tigger. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: