Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speculation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky Joe wrote:
Does time pass differently while in different dimensions? Like 9 months in Ruddygore's universe might only equate to a few months in Sheila's world, or something.

Just another monkey wrench to throw in the works for those of us trying to figure out this story. Very Happy

I'm asuming that Sheila has been gone for about 9 months as Luci gave her about 9 months of fake memories. The time flow may have been a little off but not enough to make any real difference, just enough that Sheila hasn't had the kits yet.

webkilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and keep in mind that they've been in several different 'dimensions'...

middle earth

that place where they chilled in act 2

and the sea of dreams?

time loop de loop!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More speculation on what/who Arden will return as.
Here's a crazy thought, Kansman , the DA that's after Zig, dies and Arden gets put into his body before anyone knows Kansman died. That would be one shell that everyone would have to get used to.

No, didn't think so Laughing

Xaqtly

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Arden will come back in Bjorn's body. Oh no!

*dun dun DUN*

webkilla

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking fox - just like Sheila, although if so then an arctic fox...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Schadrim

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to insert a well done. I was worried when it turned hardcore fantasy in the last act but it was done very well. I'm not the most critical reader but I know what I like, and you've hit the mark. I don't know if you've read it but their is a book called Von Bek by Micheal Moorecock, it deals with a quest of a man under the request of lucifer to find the holy grail in order to be reinstated in heaven, I love that christian mythology and I think you've once again put fun twists on it all.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've read some of Moorecock's work, but don't remember that book in particular.

I'm glad you like it as well as my "twist" on religions.

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea for the alibi. Arden and Sheila were driving on some backroads that are hardly used and they got in a car wreck that killed Arden and sheila barely escaped. And for the past nine months she's been trying to get back to civilization and living off of whatever she could find and catch in simple traps.

Confused

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although there's a lot of free-range territory, there's not nine months worth of walking involved to reach civilization. All she has to do is find a road and you can't walk a reasonably straight line for more than a month without finding one in ANY state. Smile

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're right even with the injuries that came with the alibi it wouldn't slow her down long enough for nine months
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've kind of decided that I'm not going to worry about staying as "true" to the characters as I originally wanted. Although James and Zig Zag will still be involved and there will be elements from James' story that will appear in my version (IE James stepping down as CEO of the company), I'm not going to follow his story as dogma. Zig Zag's last name will still be Zumbrowski in my story. Her first name won't be Tonya as in James' story. (Anyone wana guess what it'll be? Smile

I'm still debating if I'll follow the Tabitha story line for Sabrina or not. I'll make that decision when I come to it. According to that timeline, Sabrina doesn't die until a couple of years after her son's born, so that gives me PLENTY of time to bring Arden back and have him deal with the angst of "do I save or do I let her die" when the time comes...... if it even comes.

Anyway... Just my mind bouncing ideas off the wall like mad as I work on getting Act IV kicked off.

BTW: Any graphics people out there feel like making some buttons for my web page? I need to change the buttons and do the menu on the left side.

Cheers

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
Zig Zag's first name will be *drum roll* Sheila. Just joking I have no clue as to what her first name will be. Or could it be the same name as the angel that travelled with them on the Sea of Dreams Question Question Question Confused

And his name would be? I dropped a direct hint in Ch 50 OTHER than when Sheila asked....

Hortmage

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Although there's a lot of free-range territory, there's not nine months worth of walking involved to reach civilization. All she has to do is find a road and you can't walk a reasonably straight line for more than a month without finding one in ANY state. Smile

And THAT is my main problem with the story of Moses and the Children of Israel.... 40 years in the friggin desert? Pick a direction and walk in a straight line, people! Twisted Evil

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this (for Sheila's story):

Sheila joined a Hippie commune. She (and most other furs there) were stoned out of their minds for most of the 9 months, which would explain why the other furs have at best "sketchy" memories of her...
Why her current bedraggled state? The commune was busted by the FBI a few days ago and she is currently in jail... Shocked Twisted Evil

Ok, not the most likely explanation for her absence... Wink but with the curve balls Hikaru has been throwing around...

Another possibility, that would greatly help get Zig out of jail:
They (Sheila and Arden) were abducted by Khansman (or his cronies), as revenge for the damage they did to him...
Of course he has some powerful benefactors/patrons who won't be too please to see him go down (and possibly reveal things about them). They'll spend a little time to think up a fitting punishment for her (it'll take them about a year)...

Luxo

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

And THAT is my main problem with the story of Moses and the Children of Israel.... 40 years in the friggin desert? Pick a direction and walk in a straight line, people! Twisted Evil

There's speculation that Moses did it to purge the infidels from the group. That way, their offspring would reach the chosen land, without all the sins their parents commited.

So, it was purely incidental.

And about the story, I still think that the kidnapping would be a good idea, without Arden dying, of course. Maybe say that Khansman was behind it.

And I forgot to comment that your idea on religion is absolutely great. I've been thinking about that since some time ago and found most of what you said to be pretty interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: