Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And so it ends....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a fox named Fish?
(Waaaay back in Act II)

Also, I'm curious as to exactly WHAT was in the wish...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Smoky Joe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Hmmm, if most of the involved beings did not really have free will (the angel, Lucifer and probably Lakash), the "court" was mostly a sham, just an event to bring Arden to the point where he made his choice/wish.
(As was most of the quest.)

Hmmm, an interesting question:
Does God Himself have a "free will"? Or does the question even make sense?

I don't know. If the angel didn't have free will, he would have abstained like "the Judge" expected him to do.

In the realm of this story, I'm fairly certain that every creature, person, spirit, celestial, etc. has free will within the bounds of what they were created to do. As the Creator has no bounds, with the exception of the ones He creates for himself, He is the only being with unlimited free will.

Lakash was created to mess with creation's plan and create chaos, but ultimately lose. He has free will so long as he doesn't violate that mission. Evidently, he overstepped his bounds when he found a way (via stopping Armageddon) that he could win.
Lucifer was created to bring about corruption and evil, cause Armageddon, and ultimately lose to Heaven. The Angel was created to serve the intrests of Heaven and good. He is also a warrior to fight in Armageddon for Heaven, which is the side destined to win. Within the scope of those jobs, they had free will, even to the point that they could work together for certain things, so long as they didn't violate their natures.

Now, there are really three questions that I still have: Did the Guardian of Eden actually throw the fight? Is Nanuk completely destroyed? What the heck did Arden actually wish for?

webkilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless, do you even have free will - or did u post that there because you were meant to?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaqtly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ending is more evil than I thought possible. One year? One year till what? Then what? What? AGH!

So if something is going to happen to Sheila in a year... is that something else that Arden foresaw in Time's Eye? Something he may have been able to prevent, possibly part of the wish he made?

So very evil. Cliffhangers hurt me. Chapter 50 was great though, it answered a lot of questions while raising a lot more. From the sound of it, the Guardian of Eden did throw the fight and intentionally allowed Arden to make the wish.

And speaking of Eden, will we ever find out what the price was for going there, and why Ruddygore said it was too high?

Mmm, yeah Hikaru I'm afraid you're going to have to write an Act IV and answer all this stuff. Sorry, we your readers can't let you just leave it like this. We'll be by with the pudding and vixens later for "incentive".

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaqtly wrote:
So if something is going to happen to Sheila in a year... is that something else that Arden foresaw in Time's Eye? Something he may have been able to prevent, possibly part of the wish he made?

As the angel pointed out, Arden only asked the eye to show him the results of his attempt complete the quest. The angel, however, had lookd to see what happened to Arden afterwards. That's how he could reassure Arden that there was a way to come home.

Xaqtly wrote:
And speaking of Eden, will we ever find out what the price was for going there, and why Ruddygore said it was too high?

Ruddygore wasn't talking about going to Eden. He was talking about crossing the barriers that would allow him to reach alternate realities. As for the price, use your immagination.

Xaqtly wrote:
Mmm, yeah Hikaru I'm afraid you're going to have to write an Act IV and answer all this stuff. Sorry, we your readers can't let you just leave it like this. We'll be by with the pudding and vixens later for "incentive".

Heh! No problem. This is the most feedback I've gotten on the story so far. It's nice to see people actually discussing the story, what might happen and such.

Mike's thread has some very good speculations, but so far nobody's even gotten within hangrenade range of the target. Smile

Cheers

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky Joe wrote:
Lucifer was created to bring about corruption and evil, cause Armageddon, and ultimately lose to Heaven.

Beg pardon, but who said He!!'s defeat is assured?

Sticking with the dogma of the story, what's written in the Bible isn't necessarily God's word. It's Man's take on God's word, and occasionally, just flat out Man's word with nothing to do with God.

It's entirely possible that Hell will win. Otherwise, what's the point of the game, eh? Knowing the results before you play takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome chapter Hikaru, loved it.Very Happy
Now, i'm just wondering how Arden is going to come back, also, what is in the memories that Lucy gave Shiela? hmmmmm...
Smoky Joe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Beg pardon, but who said He!!'s defeat is assured?

Sticking with the dogma of the story, what's written in the Bible isn't necessarily God's word. It's Man's take on God's word, and occasionally, just flat out Man's word with nothing to do with God.

It's entirely possible that *beep* will win. Otherwise, what's the point of the game, eh? Knowing the results before you play takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Cheers

Okay. I was just given the impression (someplace in act 2, I think) that Hel! was destined to lose, and that's yet another reason why Lucifer's always angry. But I guess I was just confused. Either way, Lakash finding a way for himself to win, and then doing it, caused everyone to be very upset with him.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Awesome chapter Hikaru, loved it.Very Happy
Now, i'm just wondering how Arden is going to come back, also, what is in the memories that Lucy gave Shiela? hmmmmm...

We're all waiting for the answers and believe me Hikaru loves to keep everyone on thier toes, so he won't let anything slip that will point you in the right direction, but at least he won't spin you around in circles a thousand times at high speed put a bag over your head and let you walk off of a cliff, he'd rather just push you off it, it takes less time. Twisted Evil

*tries to get away as Hikaru drags him toward the nearest cliff* I was only joking. Laughing

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoky Joe wrote:
Okay. I was just given the impression (someplace in act 2, I think) that Hel! was destined to lose, and that's yet another reason why Lucifer's always angry. But I guess I was just confused. Either way, Lakash finding a way for himself to win, and then doing it, caused everyone to be very upset with him.

Arden did see a result of his quest where Lakash won and the other lesser celestial beings (read: minor gods and spirits) didn't like his power play and combined to fight him, bringing about an armageddon, but that's not the same thing as Lucifer being guaranteed to loose the war. Smile

Cheers

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Mike's thread has some very good speculations, but so far nobody's even gotten within hangrenade range of the target. Smile

Gonna have to switch to nukes, then... Twisted Evil

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Hikaru wrote:

Gonna have to switch to nukes, then... Twisted Evil

I just launched a tactacal nuke his way so lets see what he does with it.

I WANNA SEE A BIG MUSHROOM CLOUD MOMMY!!! Twisted Evil

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nuke was a dud. That means I get to use strategic nukes now. Twisted Evil
Galadrion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Does God Himself have a "free will"?

First, define your terms. What do you mean by "God"? What, precisely, is "free will"? Once you've defined these terms, you're ready to consider the question -- or you may well have already answered it.

Luxo

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally awesome. I must say I never expected most of the events on the last two chapters, and I'm very pleased. Truely a work of art, that leaves more questions than answers at the end. =p

By the way, what happened with the guy who Hecate nailed after he went with the World Mage?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: