Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Ok furs and femmes, i've been planning this for a long time, and decided to take it here, instead of my site, for easier access...

(*yell in the background: YOU LAZY CAT!!*)

Why thanks, but tell me when you find a cat that isn't Wink Anyway, i'll be posting regular subjects on how to draw bodies, heads, hands, tails, male bodies, female bodies, how to construct them, etc...

this is mainly for all of you furs that wish to learn how to draw, and you'll discover that it is a skill that can be acquired, and it's not a gift you have to be born with... unless you are Max the Black Rabbit of course Wink but i'm sure he'll say the same, the basis of good drawing are the 3 P's: practice, practice, practice.

Well, stay tuned for the first set of updates, i'll try to do them at least twice a week, and i hope you guys like what i have to offer, and i'll try to get other artists to contribute to this place...

For myself, i can say that i'm no educated artist, i've never attended a drawing class, but i can deffend myself quite nicely, and i'll try to pass along all what i've learned thru my furry life, i hope you guys learn besides me.

Well, thanks for listening to my ramblings, and see you soon.

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! I'm looking forward to this! Maybe I'll finally reach a point where I'm willing to post some of my hand-drawn stuff again. (Gave up on trying to draw furries a while ago - they all looked like they'd been chasing parked cars...including species that shouldn't be chasing cars...)

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Perhaps I can re-aquire the drawing skills I lot years ago anyway Wink

Okay, I'm ready for lesson one Mr. Celis Smile

caspian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Idea!

Especaily since there are a couple topics in the everyday Blither-blather that deal with Drawing.

Wonder if they should be moved here?

Casp

Rava

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome! Reply with quote

Maxx wrote:
Ok furs and femmes, i've been planning this for a long time, and decided to take it here, instead of my site, for easier access...

(*yell in the background: YOU LAZY CAT!!*)

Why thanks, but tell me when you find a cat that isn't Wink Anyway, i'll be posting regular subjects on how to draw bodies, heads, hands, tails, male bodies, female bodies, how to construct them, etc....

Its a better idea to hav it here anyway. more interactive.
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, sorry to say this, Maxx. I met a cat today that is not only not lazy, but is a stickler for organization of books! I saw him trying to arrange some SF books that were out of place. ^_^

(And yes, it was a real cat)Anyway, I look forward to getting even more tips on how to write fur properly.

Edit: D'oh, I forgot, this is for drwaing, not writing.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey now maybe I'll learn how to make my figure not look like they've visited a witch doctor

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*with a hunched back, I fold my hands, twiddle my thumbs, and say...*

"Execellent...!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... It looks like I also have to join the class. I need to 'scratch' up on my drawing attitude. I need more control... Self control that is Very Happy I must learn how to prevent myself from destroying my drawing equipment if something doesn't work out the way I want it to. Very Happy
Ignatius Husky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to join in on this... Never a bad idea to brush up on the basics! Smile
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:59 am    Post subject: Errr Reply with quote

Lets see.....pencil...check! Pen's....Check! Paper........Paper.....Er Check if this is paper....oh goddess it's moving!! *whack!*

Sorry about that couldn't resist! Wink Anyway Maxx It'll be interesting to see how well this goes. But one little problem for me is I can't draw like I used too anymore. I'm trying to learn how to do it left handed now since I lost use of my right hand a couple years ago. Crying or Very sad I'll check in and let you all see what type of progress I make...if any ewww I really need to work on paws and feet. This is disgusting they look like stumps!! Enough mindless Ranting from me 'Oh Great Teacher'.....errr I'm not in kissing anyone's butt unless their cute.... *repeats endlessly* Later SkunkFox

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darien Ravenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: I am Honored Reply with quote

My name is Darien Ravenwolf and i for one would like to say that it is awsome to see some awsome art by maxx there. Though i am confused as to why tigor has one of my friends charecters in his profile, his name is Mapper, he is teaching me how to make 3d art as well as a furiend named Solid Vulp. But if it is ok i would like to see if i may ask for some assistance in a project of mine.
"I am badder than the big bad wolf and a whole lot better looking too. I'm your savior and your destroyer, all you hold dear is gone. We of the furre army are your masters now. Your lives now belong to us"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pischk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wewt...finally I may be able to put heads, hands and feet on my bodies?
sure the bodies are not all that great....but I can do arms/legs and torso's better then some things I have tried...*drags CB out of hiding and makes him pose once more on his art pedestal....'now hold still...this doesnt hurt!'

Co-Founder, #CrashPadCafe (irc.esper.net)
Op team member, #Kwkat (irc.esper.net)
Op team member, #furry (irc.esper.net)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Drawing Corner All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: