Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Lives of a Fated One
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: The Lives of a Fated One Reply with quote

Hello again everyfur.

If you take a look at my site you will find a new section called "The Lives of a Fated One"

That is the place where one after another many short stories will be posted that show the lives of a character of mine that gained some fame under the name of Mara Khan. This feline has a part in Pflarrian Collifox's story Otherworlds and the first story, which is posted now, shows some of her background and how she came to be one of the beings known as the Fated Ones.

I hope you will like what you will find.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lives of a Fated One Reply with quote

As I stated when I edited it, it's kind of long, but it's a good read. Now that I've had some time to think on it (other than just looking for typoes), I would offer the following comments:

I still really like the setting. As a history major, Ancient Egypt has always fascinated me. Smile It's also an unusual plot. I don't want to say too much because I'll give it away, but I like the nemesis you've chosen, among other things. Well, that and... um... Hmm...

Maybe I should just email you my comments again so I don't give the story away? Wink
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Pflarr, for the editing as well as the comments.

Regarding the setting, Ancient Egypt is just perfect for such sorts of things. Plus, we already had kind if figured out Mara's relation to Mafdet and so it was kinda preset that everything would start in Egypt Smile

Regarding Mara's nemesis... he was an on the fly creation and it seems like he is one of my better ones Smile

Shadu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read it this morning and all i say/type about it is...

GREAT STORY MAN!!!!! Mr. Green

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Shadu. I aim to please.

Hmmm... seems like people would have prefurred another Furry Skies story though.

Shadu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno i can't wait for the next one but i will go with what i get. if you're refering to the 'large amounts' of comments, well it seems there are many pf people missing for some reason. im sure they will comment soon.
Pflarrian

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it's not just me who thinks it's been eerily quiet in here lately, is it? Hmm... Maybe they got et by a dragon? Confused
Shadu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know some have some RL problems but others just have not posted in a while give them some time TY i imagine any day now they'll return. Who knows maby they'll bring some good stories with them.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there has been an overwhelming lack of interest in this story it has been moved on the back burner. I rather work on some other projects first before going on with this.

*sighs* maybe it was silly to think that people might be interested in Mara's background.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Since there has been an overwhelming lack of interest in this story it has been moved on the back burner. I rather work on some other projects first before going on with this.

A pity... Sad

Quote:
*sighs* maybe it was silly to think that people might be interested in Mara's background.

*I'm* interested... Confused

But I'm only one furson, I guess...
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize to the few people who did read the story, and especially you Pflarrian. Unfortunately I have too many stories I got to work on to give them all the attention they deserve. So I have to set some back while others get more attention.

"The Lives of a Fated One" has gotten the fewest feedback so I must assume that the majority of people are not interested in it. The result is that I have to work on other stories that are more wanted.

I'm really, truely, deeply sorry... Sad

Shadu

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i still think some time would be good before you do any finall calls. i have not seen many posts anywhere so it should not be very different with other stories. i myself am waiting for replys on the post i made in the feedback forum. i kinda turned it into the rant secction for my scribbling. Very Happy
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally found time to read this. And I liked it. Smile

Hmmm, the longer I think about it, the better the deal for the "Fated Ones" sounds.
(Ok, I don't know what deal all the others have, like: "1 life then heaven (or whatever)")
But Reincarnation and eventually becoming truely Immortal does not sound that bad...

One thing I'm wondering:
How is a Fated One affected if something happens to his/her patron Immortal (looses all his followers, is killed by the Sword of Eternity, ...)

And it seems there is some magic at play to ensure that the Fated One always has the same name (also species, sex, ...) ?

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
I've finally found time to read this. And I liked it. Smile

Glad to hear that.

Nameless wrote:
Hmmm, the longer I think about it, the better the deal for the "Fated Ones" sounds.
(Ok, I don't know what deal all the others have, like: "1 life then heaven (or whatever)")
But Reincarnation and eventually becoming truely Immortal does not sound that bad...

Well, it does have some downsides. Not only that is usually takes quite some time until the fate is fulfilled, the Fated One automatically becomes more interesting for other Immortals, just because of what he/she is. And attention from an Immortal is often not a good thing. Then there is the Immortal the pact has been made with, who is working behind the scenes, either to help the Fated One or to sabotage him/her.

Nameless wrote:
One thing I'm wondering:
How is a Fated One affected if something happens to his/her patron Immortal (looses all his followers, is killed by the Sword of Eternity, ...)

Hmmm... good question... I haven't thought abou that one yet... Let me get back on you once I contacted Pflarr about it.

Nameless wrote:
And it seems there is some magic at play to ensure that the Fated One always has the same name (also species, sex, ...) ?

Yeah, that's just convenince work from me. It doesn't *NEED* to be, but it makes things easier for the author Wink

Mafdet is a feline goddess so it would make sense that she takes care that Mara will be feline most of the time. Same with the name.

Pflarrian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could tell you the answer, but it would be kind of strange without a bit of explanation.

1) Pflarrian used the Mask of Bone to gain immortality.

2) He did this after Caiacinth had grown up. It is unknown if Pflarrian and Mara had any grandchildren.

3) Um, technically, the children of immortals aren't immortal themselves. The children of Immortals (y'know, the ones with POWER) can be immortal, but only are if their parent expended some of their power to make the child immortal. Most aren't.

4) What became of Caiacinth?

I don't know yet. There are rumors that she may have become/became a doctor and joined a colony ship headed for a distant star system, but we really don't know.

I'm thinking that this could, if I ever get that far, be the subject of Otherworlds, book III, but it seems rather unlikely that I will get that far in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: