Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Angelfish
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The TVCrew Furry Society
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you support this? Or am I a dreamer?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 25 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dream on!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

em-see wrote:
What does 507c(7)/507c mean? Mr. Green

I'd love to help out btw, but I'd also like to know what is meant by 'in need' also. Would this be a serious charity, or just something to help fund somefur's con trip?

There is a series of Federal Tax Rules known as the "500 laws", which define what Non and Not-For Profit Organizations are. Like any ohter business, they are created to generate business and income through services, but in the end, are not allowed to generate a profit. Hence, a big plus for them is that they are excused from paying taxes, because when in producing a Zero-income/profit, any tax will be based on that. Any Tax percent of $0 = $0.

Or so that is how the law works.

A 501 law is a list of organizations that can be a non / not-for profit organization. The most common one is the 501(c)3.
(c) = Section, so (c)3 = Section 3.

A (c)3 is an educational organization, which includes anything ranging from schools, meusums, private think-tanks, children/adult centers, health centers, etc... Many fit here, since many organizations can include education as part of their service. Then it goes to the 503-law which states as to what is acceptable as a 501(c)3 organization and what is not.

In my case, its a 501(c)7: Fraternal Order. This can include anything from frat./sor. university houses, work unions, atheletic clubs, skilled artisans, and groups that are unfied by a commonality. An example of one of the bigger 501(c)7 is the Belevonent Order of Police Officers. 507-law defines what such a group can be and what can they do.

Again, my case- a friends and I got together at our graduation and took our little club and made it into a 501(c)7, and put some hard work to it, for the reason that we were to help each other in times of needs. And with the excpetion of one little incident- it went fairly well.

Its not easy to do one since we're all in distant communications, but with a few cool heads, this can happen. If we were in the same city, it would be easy, but we're not.

Once its together, amassing the funds is simple- hell, if every member on PF were to give $100 dollars for a one time deal thing, we would have $46,400... off course, this wont happen, but in the least- just having a few bucks stashed away, would be benefical to the cause.

Now for those in need... that would depend. PF Memebers only? That's a start. Famous furries who are not PF members like Jet, Miss Mab, Eric S. and Bill Holbrook? Why them, and why not somebody else?

Then, what would constitute an emergency? How would one verify it? Word of mouth? From whom? Where? most of us older furs who work have faced lay-offs at one time or another, but when would things be bad that they would declare a finanicail emergency? And by how much? Or a death in the family? or a natural disaster strikes? Its different in every case. If one needs to pay the month's rent, or needs a place, question, how can this be done is a fur does not have a bank account? Most check cashing places I know in NYC will not take a personal check.

We have to sit down and think about it, to protect ourselves before we can serve others.

But definately- something needs to be done, to at least make this world that more of a better place.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some ideas about how this is to be run, and I will need your patience as we finish the voting. No more will be said about HOW it is to be run, as well as WHO it will support until Monday September 22, 2003.

Again, thank you for your patience.

em-see

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to know that this will be a clearly defined & well run organisation and not just a well meaning but ill-conceived gesture.

You guys obviously have the skills and experience, and I will give the fund my full support & any donations I am able to spare.

taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll support the best I can.

Question *Reads Elfen's post and still can't make heads or tails of it* Question

But thats how he wrights his posts Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Writes too, eh? *giggles*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaining about how create my writs? Alright then, I gonna be the Evil Spell-Bounder and start stealing letters from everywhere!!!
[Place Evil Laughter Here]

Narrator:...and the Evil Spell-Bounder takes the 'W' from the woman's wig and changes it into a 'P!' Oh my God! there's a 'P'ig on her head!!! Where's Letterman when you need him!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Cooldrew100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whatever happened to this idea? Well? I would help if i could. I don't have a paypal account or anything. Someone needs to bring back this idea from the land of dead good ideas. I'm gonna start. Who wants to help me finish the job?
Cooldrew100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, send it to someone whos a good artist, which means don't send it to me. BTW, I know ive posted this in another thread, but who was TVDave?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The TVCrew Furry Society All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: