Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalimu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A girl who was a friend of my son committed suicide last week. He and and several other of their mutual friends have been pretty down over it since then.

Your life touches many others. Don't ever forget that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty.. you're a great fur.. and I'd like to meet you some day man...

You are well loved by your friends and family here... always remember that...

If you EVER wanna chat.. look me up...

NovaFox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ty ... don't do this man, it's no way believe me *hugs him* Whenever there is a dark tunnel, there is always a light that shines at its end, showing the way out. I've been through many dark times, but through many light times as well. So c'mon Ty don'T give yourself up or to say it with Ver.di "DON'T BE SO STUPID! STAND UP AND FIGHT!"

Besides if you ever want ot call me: 030/33979562 (Matthias) or in case you're telephoning not from germany: 4930/33979562 (Matthias)

Cirrel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Gives a knowing grin> I'm another one who's been there and done that. The question is, have your parents given up on you? Or have you given up on you? It may be both. Parents are not perfect. Heck, parenting is probably the most important job in the world reserved for rank amateurs. Still, the more important question is have you given up on yourself. That is a way of thinking that leads to suicide.

So... How do you go about believing in yourself? Here's what I do.

One: I listen to those around me. Some will be derogatory. Many will be indifferent. Some say I'm worth believing in. <looks up at previous posts> Looks like you've got alot of furs here who believe in you. Concentrate on that.

Two: I start doing something - *anything* - useful. This doesn't have to be a paying job. A classic way of getting out of a depression is to help someone else. Takes your mind off your own problems for a while. I did volunteer work myself. Volunteer work can be just as satisfying as paid work, and it goes on your work record telling other prospective employers that you are willing to work. Volunteer work also has the advantage of allowing you to work within your physical limits. Let the tendon heal up some more.

Three: I look for the good things in life. I know. Sounds trite, but it works. The world is *not* one giant shithole. It may smell that way at times, but that's only because someone farted. There are flowers growing amongst the dung heaps. I find 'em, and enjoy 'em. (Though I still slip on the occasional cow-pie... or two.)

Finally, like Cateagle said, "This too, shall pass." Just like it has for me and many of us here.

Cirrel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty, I've been there... you know me. You've seen me through my WORST moods, especially earlier of this year. DOn't you dare THINK of giving up on life. You're a great person and you've got plenty of furiends that care deeply for you.

ME for one. Don't you DARE try to do it, let alone think it. The people of PF have already suffered enough having lost so many to death because if disease or accidents.. Don't you DARE try and off yourself because life has gotten you down. *snugs you tight!*

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pokes Ty* As always I seem to be late to the party. Anyway Marc, send me a message if you wanna talk sometime. I'm always working true enough, but I'm always lurker too. I may not reply quickly, but I will reply. As for the thoughts on suicide, Marc, forget about it we won't let you do anything like that. Heck ya'll've stoped me from going through with it on any number of occasions, and more then a few times anyone has yet to know about. If I hadn't of found PF when I did, then most of you would be reading about me, or seeing my face in the news as going out of this world in one hell of an explosion. And Trust me, I fully intended on last year being my last year.

CJ... You've got friends and family here dude, though it may not always seem like it at times.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many people tought of suicide at least once in their life. I for one tought about it alot. Tygon, you know what keeps me going thinking about how pointless suicide is. It is beter to live life with at least a little hope then spending eternity regreting decisions you cannot take back. Remember where there is life there is hope.
Twin_Blades

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that you decide against suicide, I for one being new, know you mainly through old posts, but believe me, you are a good friend to everyone here. Not only would you hurt your friends here (which i would more consider family than that) but you'd never get to see how great life can truly get. I've thought of suicide alot when i was younger (12ish) and now that I look back I am glad that I didn't do that, I would have never been on my first date, gone to any dances, or made new friends that are now my best friends. Hey man, if you ever need to talk just ask, I'll listen. Well I hope all these messages convince you to not do it, since everyone cares about you man, and remember, lifes a challenge, don't give up.
Solis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon, I dunno what to say...

Life can be rough, but always know that there will be people by your side, even though we can't be there physically. Depression is a natural reaction to adverse conditions... but that doesn't mean you have to bear those conditions alone.

Grab a friend, grab me, grab someone and vent till you let it all out.

I'll be there if you ever want to talk, you need only ask.

Tovarisch_Scofield

Location: A glacial palace in the elder forest of the north...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please, do not resort to that kind of thing...
if you would like to talk about things that are going on, i am here

Luxo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide?? Pffft, you don't need that. Life always has opportunities for the people who wants them. So, don't give up! You have to live your life man!
And the parents are like that, I never get any birthday party or anything. But I know that they care for me, and they'll never stop loving you just for some small things like that.

and life isn't about parents, you have all of your friends here at PF, and even if I don't know you too well, I wish you the better of the lucks in life.

"No se deprima manito!"

-Luxo
man on a mission

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon. I dont want to loose you. Ive lost too many collagues this years. I lost dave and noera. Then I lost several friends to car wrecks and disease. I dont want you to do this. I want to be able to meet you my friend.

I can say Ive also had my little problems over the years. I dont know how many times ive wanted to cut my own wrists. Then I thought of all you and how I love all you guys as my family, I thought of cateagle and mike and how I would never complete my work.

Just think about how many lives youve touched and how many visions you have shaped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
User_of_shadows

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon I know you don't know me very well, and I admit I do not know you very well. But one thing is sure, that there will always be someone that a death would afect deeply. If you suicide think of the sadness it would inflict on others even on ones who may not know you very well. Being one who has been considered high risk of suicide I found out through the pursuit of knowledge I realized that killing one's self is not the way to go. To go on is to show courage. Remember people DO care about you and your death would saden them as it would saden me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hortmage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's taken me a while to read though 20 pages.

Tygon, it's apparent that Fate has dumped on you lately. Between the car wreck a couple of weeks ago (which started this thread) to your most recent troubles, you've certainly had your share of "bad luck," if you believe in this kind of stuff.

I've suffered from chronic depression for many years. At one point in my life, I was explaining current events to my psychologist. He blinked at me a couple of times, and told me that I had earned that depression!

May I humbly suggest, though, that you talk with your family doctor or someone? Because, for many of us, depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain. An imbalance that can be compensated for with medical tools. I've been on moderately mild anti-depressants for several years, and while I'm not out tap-dancing in the streets, I'm also not sitting unresponsive in a corner and scaring the hell out of my wife and kids.

There is no shame in seeking help. There is no shame in taking prescribed meds, if that is what your doctor determines you need. Do what you need to get better. Let the rest of the world take a flying intercourse at itself.

You know that old saying: "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff."

(Then there's the newer saying: "Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.")

But I digress...Share with your friends, both on-line and RL. Talk to a professional. But don't do anything that can't be undone later.

Best of luck to you.

DarkeWolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*wipes eyes dry* Dude, that made me cry. For somone I casually chat to, I care. Your a good person, and ending your life over trivial shit that happens in a persons life is NOT a good thing. Problems arise, but thats when you rise up and smite them down. Do you know how big of an impact that would have on us all? Your family here man, family. Shake youself out! Dude, please, I know I got here late, and everone else said everything before me, but let me press this into you. PF is a place of ETERNAL Brother and Sisterhood. I dont want to see another death in our family. I dident know TV Dave, I barely knew Neix, but still, I felt pain. I DO NOT want to see this place get dragged thru the sewers again. Please, friend, please think about this. Talk to me, I am always here.

-Bonez

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> tygon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 19 of 43

Jump to: