Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time And Time Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodTerl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

Hmm, looks like the classic ideas are still wandering around, of paradox, pasts, futures etc.

Is OK gyz, Im working on the maths and physics required, looks like its possible.

Cool

To go back in time, you just have to travel faster than the Local speed of light, which, according to my equations, can reach near infinite velocities, and so you might end up requiring negative energies.

Fortunately, last month, some research group proved by experiment, its possible at least to create negative energy images of normal quantum particals, and manipulate them. Coupled with the fact that a 4 spacial dimension array can be created, which can manipulate that energy in a negative time direction, should give us the capacity to at least open up a single electron wormhole back in time, and from that target point, use heavy generators to open the wormhole up to a more useable size.

Hmm, something else of interest. Some calculations by a research group, show that the gravitational field from a torus of material, would counteract the tidal effects from an event horizon to a large extent, allowing you to get a lot closer before getting destroyed. If the same can be applied to wormholes, then the best ship for going through one, would be one with a very massive hull, and a large open space inside. Sort of like the WW2 Habbakuk Cool

Oh well, hopefully Chris will give us a little more to tease and satisfy soon.

RodTerl

I dont have to exagerate, cos people are far too conservative. Cool

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:

If the same can be applied to wormholes, then the best ship for going through one, would be one with a very massive hull, and a large open space inside. Sort of like the WW2 Habbakuk Cool

The WHAT?

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that crazt coon wrote:
Imagine what endora or chris would do to rc if she had a time machine. *poof* no more rc, hello chris. Twisted Evil

I just love the way this guy thinks Cool

Chris!
RodTerl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:24 am    Post subject: The What?? 8) Reply with quote

Mrrr.. Habbakuk, a giant aircraft carrier whose hull consisted of 10s of meters of thickness of micro reinforcesd ice, in my versions ranging up to 2000m in length, weighing in excess of 120 MTon. Powered by compression ignition fusion reactors, and Mega Diesels.

Lets put it this way.. If you dropped a Nuclear bunker buster on this thing, youd just about manage to put a hole in the flight deck Twisted Evil

Compared to this baby, most ELE rocks are hocky pucks Cool

Why you think I want to build one or ten, and stick them in orbit Cool

And thats leaving out the gooood stuff. Twisted Evil

RodTerl

Think very carefully.. Im working on how to affect time. what other things have I worked on, to defend against attack? Cool

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: The What?? 8) Reply with quote

RodTerl wrote:
Mrrr.. Habbakuk, a giant aircraft carrier whose hull consisted of 10s of meters of thickness of micro reinforcesd ice, in my versions ranging up to 2000m in length, weighing in excess of 120 MTon. Powered by compression ignition fusion reactors, and Mega Diesels.

Lets put it this way.. If you dropped a Nuclear bunker buster on this thing, youd just about manage to put a hole in the flight deck Twisted Evil

Compared to this baby, most ELE rocks are hocky pucks Cool

Why you think I want to build one or ten, and stick them in orbit Cool

And thats leaving out the gooood stuff. Twisted Evil

RodTerl

Think very carefully.. Im working on how to affect time. what other things have I worked on, to defend against attack? Cool

Ah, an updated version of the Ww II study of iceberg aircraft carriers. That's what I thought it might be.

Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RodTerl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Out of Time Reply with quote

Sigh 8(.. I dropped by my sisters today, and she had just put on Treasure Planet DVD, running through a 56 inch home cinema set up.

During the escape sequnce, I was predicting up to a Second in advance, what Jims Reactions were going to be, to his changing surroundings.

I then exceeded my saffeties, and started thinking about what was possible, and how to do it. 8(

If the doctor would ever see me, Id be kept in a non existant location by a non existant organisation, un permanant heavy sedation.

Exagerating?.. 8(. Im not even starting to touch on the fear this would cause 8(

I think, Ill say it this way. I found a way, thats fully available by the laws of existance, that allows Terl to exsist, Outside of reality. As Goedels skunk. To go with Schroedingers Cat, Heisenbergs mouse, and Murphys dog. As Goedels skunk, Terl is a squirrel, that happens to look like a large mouse, or small rat. It depends on how you look at him. 8}

I think, theres one valid way to get round the Brunner problem, that of two people from the same time, going back, and existing in the same past, since each has their own time lines.

What if one of them didnt go back, in a manner capable of interacting with his surroundings? Only a total, complete and utter insane genius, would even dare to try this effect, without otherwise extreme reason to do so.

What if the Brunner effect can only be circumvented, by Terls Body going back, and being rebooted by Carrols mind? Carrol, long ago, was my design for a true andriod and AI, so, no problem with paradoxes, she can just alter her reality to synch with whatever she is in. Also, due to the persistive effect of the transition wormhole, as long as communication is maintained, her mind, is an extention, of the main hyperspacial chaos intelligence, that Terl was working on at MIT.

I think I wrote the first code for Carrols AI, and designed the hydraulic basis for motor control, in about 1984. Um, what year did Terminator come out?.. Very likely it was the thing that got me to actually writing, drawing, and coding. 8}

Oh, that was it... the reason for building a Habbakuk? Its a very good design for going through wormholes. But, its also Big enough, to carry a Weapon system, powerful enough to Create a wormhole, a big one, through brute force Cool Hawkings calculations show a blackhole weighing about 2500 tons, will take a second to evapourate. Larger holes are vastly more stable, with only small increases in mass. My calculations show that blackholes, wormhols, and subnuclear particles, are effectively identical.

My design for the Worm Hole generator, can fire up to a 4 Mton charge at a time.

The entire power output of the sun, for an entire second, being created as a ball of energy 15m accross, and imploded.

I said it was brute force. Cool

RodTerl

Leonardo da Vinci designed SCUBA, Tank, Helicopter, Airplane, and Robot, 500 years ago. His luck was, he had money, freinds, and was very good at decorating.

Cool

Zervon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: The fur that hit Richard Badger Reply with quote

I can only think of that family with the crazy uncle. Every family has one. This uncle still claims to this very day that a fur stepped out of the light in front of his car. Then a metal monster stepped out of the light and picked the fur up, and both of them disappeared into the light. Now the uncle is left with a car repair bill and a story for the insurance company that puts him in the asylum.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this may have already been covered but here goes. Tabitha's reason for traveling back in time is to save Sabrina her co-workers catch on to what she has done and her boss tries to stop her by jumping back a few seconds before she is set to appear back in 99' and is killed as a result in a traffic accident. Now say Tabitha is successful in preventing Sabby's tragic death by warning her not to ever drive in snow storms lets say it works so when Tabitha jumps back to her own time it is to an altered future as she had hopped but she to is altered since she prevented Sabrina's death she did not grow up with the passion to save her but still worked on the time portal so when she comes through it's from the planned jump to observe the assassination of the Canadian politician Sab's alive with many kits and Tab's married to Terl and her boss is alive and well.

RodTerl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Paradox Reply with quote

Theres just one thing you got to remember when messing around with time, and that is, if you cant get onto a time line, that will end in the future that would send you back, then you Cant get onto that time line. Hoever, theres things far more complicated than that, as can be sen by the example, that Tabitha might find out that her boss was going to die from a calculation mistake, so she tries going back to prevent that, but in doing so, causes it. And, not to waste an opportunity, takes the cure for Sabrinas condition with her, having aimed for a earlier time, maybe to alter the car, or the lights timing. Her timing and alteration sets the car up, for that particular impact.

History is like a web. Each Now, has a range of futures, but it also has a range of Pasts.

HOw you think DejaVu came to exist? Cool

RodTerl

Thats funny, I thought I was here before.. Nope, but you will be again Cool

RodTerl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Twins Reply with quote

Pauli exclusion principle, or, the uniquness of everything.

No two particals can have the identcal quantum state, position, energy, state.

Not even yourself Cool

RodTerl

For ever action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Newton
The observed has a reaction through the observation on the observer. Heisenberg.
What is left, is a group if equations, that cannot be proved to form an incomplete set, yet contains itself, and thereby excluded from the set of allowable equations, but in doing so, is included. Goedels proof of paradox of unsolvable equations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: