Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up a Webcomic?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Setting up a Webcomic?! Reply with quote

So I'm wondering what the best options, and also the best free options (so I know both) are for setting up a webcomic website. There seem to be SO many different sites out there, and while I do have the capacity to build a basic site, I'd very much prefer something easier to maintain.

What I'm actually trying to do is surprise my daughter with a site for her own webcomics. She's young now, but she draws comics all the time, and I really want to be supportive and provide an outlet and even a potential source of patreon/donation/merchandise income should she really take off.

For now, just a site that I can set up for her would be a wonderful start, preferably something that can hold an archive / operate with next and back buttons with a simple system for adding the comics.

Any suggestions?

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not sure about what to tell you. A web comic has their own special needs as far as panel size & number for each daily segment, something as a web author I don't have to deal with. Suggestions;

WebTOONs

Topwebcomics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: