Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Covidupdate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Covidupdate Reply with quote

How are y'all fairing through this mess? I'm still working. Apparently mail is considered essential hah (I know)... I haven't been activated through the Guard yet, so I guess that's a good sign?
Otherwise, TP is still scarce in stores around here. Had to utilize my supply God powers and order some TP through our supplier (I paid, not the Gov't). Worked out hah. Only a slight abuse of power Wink

Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Covidupdate Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:
How are y'all fairing through this mess? I'm still working. Apparently mail is considered essential hah (I know)... I haven't been activated through the Guard yet, so I guess that's a good sign?
Otherwise, TP is still scarce in stores around here. Had to utilize my supply God powers and order some TP through our supplier (I paid, not the Gov't). Worked out hah. Only a slight abuse of power Wink

Busier than ever for me. Been working from home for the past few weeks. Working on various projects that should probably have been halted/suspended given the current situation, on top of helping get solutions in place for larger groups of people to work from home that have never done so before. Got plenty of paper towels, but a dwindling supply of TP... should be interesting over the next few weeks if I can't source something.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doing well (so far) at Casa Del Meig'h. Dodged the worst of the weather the other day and so far we have managed to keep from getting on each other's nerves.

Local stores here in central Indiana have limited TP and paper towels to one package each. The occasional person on FB Marketplace pops up wanting to profiteer on TP but it gets shut down by FB pretty fast.

And, it's spring bloom-out season here. The dogwood across the street is solid white with blooms and just going out to get the mail is an adventure. Can't get to my favorite fishin' holes for the same reason. I'm living on Asthma and sinus meds at the moment. No Bueno. This will pass in a few weeks, though.

Need to go shopping but mebbe we can get them delivered to us. Aldi and Wally*Mart will deliver, Payless (part of the Kroger group) will let you order & pick up at a prescribed time.

I'm not taking in any guitar setups or maintenance work, mainly due to not wanting Corvid-19. As a senior with Asthma, diabetes and sleep apnea, I'm not interested in getting sick.

I hope all the rest of the PF denizens are doing well.

Kel

Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like there's a few of us long timers in the riskier age group. Luckily I'm not quite there yet :p
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is a pickle .. good thing I didn't move to Australia in 2009 or Canada in 2018.. I guess everything happens for a reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

We ordered from Wally*World and did an on-site pickup. They gave us the space number to park in and in turn we gave them the color and description of our vehicle. There was one substitution we didn't take, potatoes au gratin sub'd for hash browns. Yeah, close but no cookie.

And, now my maples are budding out. Can't win, I tell ya.

Mike Regan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:
Seems like there's a few of us long timers in the riskier age group. Luckily I'm not quite there yet :p

I am.
At risk is anyone over 65 or with health problems. I'm 70 with diabetes and heart problems.
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suppose there is a definite positive to all this.... I find myself cooking more, mostly out of a lack of desire to interact face to face with anyone outside the house hah.
Also recently got into cooking with cast iron.
Also! Gas prices! Went to NH for some bulk shopping last night and filled up the truck-a-sarus at $1.61/gal. Which is noice.

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit Fox wrote:

Count me in that category. 8 weeks working from home now, and it looks like it may be at least another week or two before they call me back to the "real" work place ... just in time to retire!

The horders ran everything that looked like it could be used to wipe a behind or sanitize a surface to zero stock for several weeks. We're just now starting to recover from that, but it's still tough to find some of the basics. Not a big deal for BB and I, but Ma Coyote is almost 95. Keeping her healthy has been somewhat time consuming ... and expensive.

But the short story is, we're all still healthy! That's a win, given what's going on around us in soCal.

Good luck, everyone! Stay safe!

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, latest from Casa Del Meig'h-

I've officially gone stir-crazy. So bad I lost the hearing in my right eye.

Harbor Freight took seven weeks to acknowledge they couldn't fulfill my order for a brad nailer. Lowes took four days to have a Bostich 18ga nailer ready for me to pick up. Now I wonder how I got along without a brad nailer. Handy little devil, I might add.

So, new development; renter neighbors had Dish Network installed, the installer decided it was okay to install the dish on MY property! Yeah! After speaking with the neighbors, who had no clue I OWNED the house next door, I called the Dish dOOds up, told them to either remove it or I would. They said they would be out at some point to look at the situation. Well, you know the Old Warhorse took care of things . . . with my Sawzall! I took the remains over to the neighbors, told them the Dish dOOd could put it on the other side of the house if he needed to put the dish in the ground.

Cops showed up later that week with the Dish dOOd, saying I had no right to cut the dish down. I proceeded to point out, the neighbors have three and a half feet of side yard, according to the surveyors. Cops looked at the Dish dOOd, told him to put the dish elsewhere. Note, if they put a dish on their side property, there's no room to walk to the back yard. I also warned them, any part that overhangs my yard gets cut off because he was measuring to see if he could put it on the line.

That's it for major things at Casa Del Meig'h

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week eleven for us. I understand. Gather up your weapons and make them harder to get to. Do whatever exercise it is you need to do to stay calm. I prefer the kind of exercise that requires my right paw to be wrapped around a shot glass. Your mileage may vary.

Good to hear you're still in there swingin', Kel.

SC

Kit Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: amazon sucks. That is all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: