Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMIGAAAA!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: AMIGAAAA!!!! Reply with quote

Who's got one and why?!? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one in the closet but it hasn't been fired up in years. I used it for video editing, which it can do flawlessly.

As an aside, they might still be in use by news stations to do the superimposed video over weather broadcasts, etc.

Now I'm wondering if I can find a monitor that will do 800X600 letterbox.

tpopov1991

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had the pleasure of owning one. Is there any way to get Amiga these days? Heard it was awesome!
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpopov1991 wrote:
Never had the pleasure of owning one. Is there any way to get Amiga these days? Heard it was awesome!

You can download it from the Amiga development site, but . . . you will need an Amiga platform to run it on. It was originally meant for Power PC processors so the only other way to run it is in emulation. I don't know about you, but I do not like emulation one bit. Buggy, laggy, crashy.

BTW, Welcome to PlanetFurry!

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an Amiga 500 with an SCSI side car, as well as an Amiga 3000T with a Video Toaster/Flyer setup on it.

I also have the Amiga emulator on my cell phone so I can retro those old games. Smile

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tpopov1991

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
tpopov1991 wrote:

You can download it from the Amiga development site, but . . . you will need an Amiga platform to run it on. It was originally meant for Power PC processors so the only other way to run it is in emulation. I don't know about you, but I do not like emulation one bit. Buggy, laggy, crashy.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I can emulate it but the experience will just not be the same, plus, don't have a beefy hardware for proper emulation.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpopov1991 wrote:
Kellan Meig'h wrote:
tpopov1991 wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I can emulate it but the experience will just not be the same, plus, don't have a beefy hardware for proper emulation.

The Android cell phone emulator is more than beefy enough to run the emulator. Remember that the Amiga was over 20 years ago. ARM processors run circles around them.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tpopov1991

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hikaru wrote:
tpopov1991 wrote:
Kellan Meig'h wrote:
tpopov1991 wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.

The Android cell phone emulator is more than beefy enough to run the emulator. Remember that the Amiga was over 20 years ago. ARM processors run circles around them.

Might as well give it a try Very Happy

I found on the playstore uae4arm, will post some feedback later on Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: