Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life updates y'all.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Life updates y'all. Reply with quote

Well, seems like a decent enough time and place to give some updates on the comings and goings of my life as it stands. Hopefully some of you old timers will share too hah.

Well let's see...
Last time I was here I believe I still worked full time with the National Guard... Well my position got "defunded" and I've been back to the weekend warrior gig. Which isn't bad.
I took a month off of pretty much any civilian job searching and just focused on home and family. Knocked out a ton of projects around the house. Alas, though I had to eventually find a job. One of my buddies (who's a fur) works for bestbuy as a home delivery agent and snagged me a job doing that for a little while.
Between the two hrs of commuting and the random hours, something had to change. So I applied to the USPS as a rural carrier (which I used to do way back in 2007/0Cool. Got the job and now only have 20min of commuting each day. Much nicer. Things sure have changed there though... Amazon now exists in a big way.

So now the absolutely most up to date stuff... There is a looming deployment for the state. The unit I'm in doesn't deploy and I'm on the fence of whether or not I want to volunteer for it. The wife doesn't want me to, but it's something I want to do at least once in my military career.

Both kids are doing good. Heathy and I've managed to keep them alive this far hah. I don't have sheep anymore, though will probably get back into them once the deployment happens or doesn't happen.

Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoo boy. I am just gonna summarize my life into bite sized sagas since 2010!

2010- Moved into new home in Walker, LA

2011- Got famous on MLP artwork

2012- Good year for me overall. Friend Brian from Ohio moved in with Jon and I.

2013- Jon got arrested for downloading CP and Brian and I had to move for financial reasons.

2014- The year EVERYTHING went straight to hell. Brian had to go back to Ohio because my brother was a turd, and I got stuck at my parent's ACTUAL hillbilly shack in the hills of upstate NY. No internet, phone, friends, money, car, NOTHING. ALL followed up by the family losing that land and my parents divorcing, loads of things went awry.

2015- Moved into an apartment with my mom and her boyfriend. Awkward. Had no luck with work and signed up for cash assistance until I could make something happen. Re-established my online art presence and cleared up rumors that it was I who was in prison for CP. Fun fun.

2016- Started to make enough money via my artwork to get off of cash assistance. Other than politics, not a bad year. Also moved in with my sister which was much nicer than living with a parent again.

2017- Our dad broke up with his rebound and moved onto our couch. He has been here since, kill me. My best friend in the world, Farx, died on Thanksgiving at 47 years old.

2018- The year of the accidental felon! It was fine until Xmas time. I had made an honest mistake on some paperwork in 2016 regarding my income, and they NEVER told me about it. Two years later I was arrested and accused of a felony. Luckily I got off as a misdemeanor, but I trust NOBODY in the government now. I also had to pay them around $1200, which thank fnarg my fans were there to save me or I'd be in orange right now over a simple mistake and miscommunication on my case worker's part.

2019- So far not horrible except I just injured my right hand badly because some flat brained moron left a LITERAL BOX OF BEES unmarked by the PUBLIC SIDEWALK. They swarmed me, I ran, I fell. Haven't been able to draw. >Sad I also fear the holiday season because misery comes in threes. Best friend died, accidental felon, what next, a stroke?

AKA Mogthemoogle
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots happened, really. Some of it good, some of it bad.

Much of it bad ...

Left Denmark for Ireland in early 2011. By that time, I wasn't overly active here anymore, but I hadn't left completely. I was still trying to write some furry stuff once in a while, but it just wasn't ... there ... anymore.

Got an idea for a non-furry book-series while in Ireland and started working on that. Drifted away from this place to an ever increasing extent.

Worked a truly horrific job in Ireland for two and a half years, under increasingly absurd working conditions, until I finally had a breakdown in the office. I was sent to the doctor who ordered me to stay at home for a month at the very least. After a month, I was told that I'd be fired if I wasn't in my seat the next day. I went back ... got told to find a new job asap because they didn't want me there anymore, but they couldn't fire me legally.

Started looking for another job. Ended up getting one back in Denmark, so I went home.

Turned out my new boss was a clinical psychopath ... and that is not an exaggeration. Less than two weeks into the job, I took the notes at a meeting where he exclaimed that he was going to fire everyone over the age of fifty in the company, because it would do them some good to learn that they were useless at that age. He then fired three long-standing, loyal, -good- employees who had made small fortunes for the company that same day, telling them to have their desks cleaned out by the time they went home. The company had a turnover rate of 130% ... people often stayed for less than a month before fleeing head over heels. I managed to last seven months before breaking down once again.

It was around this time that I finally left PF.

I was put on indefinite sickleave by my doctor, and I was diagnosed with extreme generalized anxiety and even worse panic anxiety. I was also diagnosed with a little-known version of bipolar disorder called cyclothymia.

Over the next several years, I was put through a variety of psychiatric processes, and my diagnosis kept changing as they found out more and more layers of horror. For a while, they were certain I was borderline on top of everything else. I had most of the symptoms ... emptiness, no sense of self-worth, no self-esteem, extreme self-hatred and so on.

All the while this was going on, my ability to hold down any kind of job whatsoever was being tested by the municipality, and it was eventually established that I was in fact incapable of working a normal job. I was put into what is known as the flex-system, which is meant to help people who can't hold down a normal job still have some kind of connection to the job-market.

At first it was deemed feasible that I could work sixteen hours a week at seventy-five percent efficiency. Less than three months after that estimate was made, it had dropped to eight hours at fifty percent efficiency. At this time my case-worker began asking me if I would please, please, pleeeease let her start an early-retirement case for me. I kept saying no, refusing to accept it was over.

During this time, I was hospitalized, briefly, after a suicidal episode in the middle of Copenhagen. It wasn't a long hospitalization ... but it was enough to show me that things were worse than I had wanted to accept.

This was in late 2016. I lost a lot of friends around that time ...

I was sent to see another psychiatrist once I was released from hospital, and she threw out all the previous diagnosis I had been given, almost apologetically telling me that I was schizophrenic.

Suddenly everything made a lot more sense.

Almost precisely one year later, I was granted early retirement. I'm now a pensioner.

Still writing. Putting the second of my books up on Amazon in a few days time, probably ...

I'm a much angrier, far less pleasant and far less nice person than I used to be the last time I was here. I don't look for compromises anymore. I refuse to take the high road.

I don't try to fight the emotions that I am dealing with. I work with them. I'm an angrier person ... yes.

I also think I'm a far better one than I was.

I stopped lying to please people.

There's little else to say, really. Life went to hell in a handbasket, but I got to know who I really am as a result.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esh... Seems like we all had a bit of a downturn. Though it seems like things are on the upswing!
shortwave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depression... since 2011 to present
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: What is the Old Warhorse Up To?!? Reply with quote

Retirement happened to me last year. Finally got old enough to retire and draw Social Security. I also have my pensions from the school district I worked for and a small military stipend. I actually have more net income than when I was working.

I'm not as stressed out as I was working except my gall bladder had to be removed. It was probably the source of my poor health through 2017-2018. Now I just have to watch what I eat and how much. Lost a few pounds as a result. I do get to fish quite a bit, since I'm near several very productive angling areas.

And, I'm slowly returning to writing, too.

At the moment, I'm raking leaves in the morning due to a pair of very tall maple trees that are on the border of my property and the next door absentee landlord. His back yard is a frigging jungle that I have to look at every time I'm in the yard cleaning up. Gah.

Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What is the Old Warhorse Up To?!? Reply with quote

I believe a good dose of fire would help this situation....

Kellan Meig'h wrote:
Retirement happened to me last year. Finally got old enough to retire and draw Social Security. I also have my pensions from the school district I worked for and a small military stipend. I actually have more net income than when I was working.

I'm not as stressed out as I was working except my gall bladder had to be removed. It was probably the source of my poor health through 2017-2018. Now I just have to watch what I eat and how much. Lost a few pounds as a result. I do get to fish quite a bit, since I'm near several very productive angling areas.

And, I'm slowly returning to writing, too.

At the moment, I'm raking leaves in the morning due to a pair of very tall maple trees that are on the border of my property and the next door absentee landlord. His back yard is a frigging jungle that I have to look at every time I'm in the yard cleaning up. Gah.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm,, probably not, first there's the local fire laws and then there's more of a chance for property damage (via firestorm), but it would fix the backyard problem for a bit …
GreekSpawn85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Sabrian Online Story - Christian Sinners Update Reply with quote

Hey Everyone, GreekSpawn85 ('Twisted Evil') or Peter. Haven't been on here in a couple months, because I've been hard at work writing the script for "Christian Sinners", a fanfic based on "Sabrina Online".

It's going very well at the moment, I have some consultants for the story right now who check the story at a specific time, and they have been of great help for me, and have given me great ideas.

A lot of what your about to see I owe a lot to them, their understanding of what I want, the direction that I wanted to go in the first place, and keeping me in the route that we originally envisioned before we started writing.

The main reason why its taking a while, is because at the moment I'm currently enrolled in college, and around Thanksgiving. School is just getting harder and harder for me, I'm currently enrolled in a film and Journalism class, and am trying to get enrolled in my other classes. So I'm trying to balance time between writing, school work, and my job.

I also want to thank everybody, who has checked out the post, and the reaction to the setup of this story has been unbelievable, and I', really excited to get this story out to you guys, again anybody who loves Sabrina Online, the AmyxThomas Romance, and Horror like Saw, Cabin Fever, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, Hostel (Which I can't wait to see), House of 1000 corpses, The Devils rejects, Lords of illusions, and Mothers day will absolutely love this story, and at the moment we're trying to give everybody a story that the fans will love, but at the same time takes risks.

And the reaction from everybody on this forum, in my community, and on facebook has been unbelievable, and even though some people are uncomfortable with the material, I respect the fact that they took the time to read, and if you feel uncomfortable with the material that's fine, because I'm setting out to make a story that will appeal to people with certain taste buds, and I know those people who are also fans of this universe will love this story.

Thanks, and be on the look out for more updates. Twisted Evil
Kit Fox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself spending more and more time in the garage by myself this winter. Gotta love seasonal depression. At least I have my heater for warmth nhah
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Cookie's format, so here goes ...

'16 GF kicked me to the curb. After much soul searching, moved in with my mom (who had just turned 91) to save both of us some money. I was spending most of my waking hours outside of work there anyway, and with me there overnight she realized substantial savings in caregiving expenses. This arrangement persists to this day. Bought myself a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock for Christmas (yes, it is the longest vehicle name in the history of automobiles, I think). Cheered my butt right up! With a good friend I took it out to Monument Valley and the Four Corners area straight away.

'17 Good friend becomes a better friend through recuperating from a back injury with Ma Coyote and I. Happy little family <eye roll>. Meanwhile my 81 year old cousin up north is slowly losing her battle with cortico basal degeneration, and I have been taking care of her house too. Yeah, that's a 1500 mile round trip every time something major goes down ... glad I got that Jeep!

'18 Good friend and I become engaged. This is a girl I've known more than 20 years. Third time's the charm? I hope so. I don't think I can stand another breakup. Ma Coyote's cardio doc tells her she can live another ten years. (In fact, that guy has told her that during virtually every visit since then. Thanks, doc ...) Just before Christmas my Oregon cousin passed. Now I have a vacant house to worry about. At her funeral and "celebration of life" my other cousins talk to me like I'm someone they can briefly tolerate and maybe grow to care about. First time that's happened in half a dozen years. Not sure how to react. I love them, but I don't trust them. Start thinking seriously about retirement.

'19 Get married. Twice. Oh it's cool, same girl both times. First time in March at the County Clerk / Recorders Office to appease the State of California (who say that we must be married at least a year before we can qualify for certain survivor-related pension benefits), and then the "real" wedding we had planned on in October. That one was in Yosemite Valley. Some family actually showed up ... I guess I'm not the son of a bitch they thought I was. Or maybe their standards are slipping. My oldest son officiated the ceremony in Yosemite (he's a pastor), my younger son photographed it all (he's a pro), and my daughter stood up for me (she's a hockey player and used to be known as Cap'n Hook). That empty house up north is starting to look like a retirement destination ... The Jeep plays an important role in the honeymoon, taking us across the southwest on various missions of exploration and other silliness. At the end of the year we run up the eastern Sierra on US-395 and get a little winter fourwheeling in.

'20 (so far) Ma Coyote, zeroing in on 95 (years, not miles per hour), is starting to show some symptoms of dementia. Nothing major, just little behaviors that are not typical of her that are best not elaborated on. Physically she is still healthy except for ruinous arthritis and osteoporosis. The little family unit works daily to maintain peace and comfort in the valley, and it's getting tougher every day. And like Truman, all the "bucks" land on my desk. It's another full time job being the mech-tech handyman, maintenance coordinator, procurement officer, accounts payable and receivable clerk, paymaster, investment manager, trustee, grocery shopper, and scratching post. Even as I approach retirement (29 May ... oooRAH!) I realize that I won't be slowing down any time soon.

I dropped off the radar here for several years, and I feel bad that I let that happen. My muse seems to have left me, but even so I have an occasional brain fart about one story of mine or another. Trouble is, they always happen while I'm on the road, or in a meeting, or in the little coyote's room ... with nothing to take notes with. I'm 60, so the amusement in telling myself to remember something is wearing thin. Thankfully I still have a driver's license that I can refer to, just in case I forget where I live or what my name is.

For some reason unknown to me, I logged into PF tonight and found this thread. I can count the number of times I've logged in here in the past 5 years on one paw, I bet.

I'm glad I dropped by. I've missed you guys.

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
I liked Cookie's format, so here goes ...

'16 GF kicked me to the curb. After much soul searching, moved in with my mom (who had just turned 91) to save both of us some money. I was spending most of my waking hours outside of work there anyway, and with me there overnight she realized substantial savings in caregiving expenses. This arrangement persists to this day. Bought myself a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock for Christmas (yes, it is the longest vehicle name in the history of automobiles, I think). Cheered my butt right up! With a good friend I took it out to Monument Valley and the Four Corners area straight away.

'17 Good friend becomes a better friend through recuperating from a back injury with Ma Coyote and I. Happy little family <eye roll>. Meanwhile my 81 year old cousin up north is slowly losing her battle with cortico basal degeneration, and I have been taking care of her house too. Yeah, that's a 1500 mile round trip every time something major goes down ... glad I got that Jeep!

'18 Good friend and I become engaged. This is a girl I've known more than 20 years. Third time's the charm? I hope so. I don't think I can stand another breakup. Ma Coyote's cardio doc tells her she can live another ten years. (In fact, that guy has told her that during virtually every visit since then. Thanks, doc ...) Just before Christmas my Oregon cousin passed. Now I have a vacant house to worry about. At her funeral and "celebration of life" my other cousins talk to me like I'm someone they can briefly tolerate and maybe grow to care about. First time that's happened in half a dozen years. Not sure how to react. I love them, but I don't trust them. Start thinking seriously about retirement.

'19 Get married. Twice. Oh it's cool, same girl both times. First time in March at the County Clerk / Recorders Office to appease the State of California (who say that we must be married at least a year before we can qualify for certain survivor-related pension benefits), and then the "real" wedding we had planned on in October. That one was in Yosemite Valley. Some family actually showed up ... I guess I'm not the son of a bitch they thought I was. Or maybe their standards are slipping. My oldest son officiated the ceremony in Yosemite (he's a pastor), my younger son photographed it all (he's a pro), and my daughter stood up for me (she's a hockey player and used to be known as Cap'n Hook). That empty house up north is starting to look like a retirement destination ... The Jeep plays an important role in the honeymoon, taking us across the southwest on various missions of exploration and other silliness. At the end of the year we run up the eastern Sierra on US-395 and get a little winter fourwheeling in.

'20 (so far) Ma Coyote, zeroing in on 95 (years, not miles per hour), is starting to show some symptoms of dementia. Nothing major, just little behaviors that are not typical of her that are best not elaborated on. Physically she is still healthy except for ruinous arthritis and osteoporosis. The little family unit works daily to maintain peace and comfort in the valley, and it's getting tougher every day. And like Truman, all the "bucks" land on my desk. It's another full time job being the mech-tech handyman, maintenance coordinator, procurement officer, accounts payable and receivable clerk, paymaster, investment manager, trustee, grocery shopper, and scratching post. Even as I approach retirement (29 May ... oooRAH!) I realize that I won't be slowing down any time soon.

I dropped off the radar here for several years, and I feel bad that I let that happen. My muse seems to have left me, but even so I have an occasional brain fart about one story of mine or another. Trouble is, they always happen while I'm on the road, or in a meeting, or in the little coyote's room ... with nothing to take notes with. I'm 60, so the amusement in telling myself to remember something is wearing thin. Thankfully I still have a driver's license that I can refer to, just in case I forget where I live or what my name is.

For some reason unknown to me, I logged into PF tonight and found this thread. I can count the number of times I've logged in here in the past 5 years on one paw, I bet.

I'm glad I dropped by. I've missed you guys.

SC

Good to see you checked in!

BTW, you did tell the FCC about your new address, right? Mr. Green

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kel.

Not yet. For the next year or so we'll be shuttling back and forth. I dont want to kick that FCC beehive until I have to, you know?

SC

ScottyDM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About eight ago I got tired of waiting for the economy to heat up so hot that a stale old chip designer could get a decent job, so I went back to college to "refresh" myself with a degree in computer science.

Then five years ago my wife Arlene (no, she's not a pink cat) got sick with multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that lives in the bone marrow. It's a shape-shifter. One chemo will work for a year or two, then the cancer comes roaring back. Next chemo and same result. We even tried a stem-cell transplant. I had to drop out of college for a bit and take care of Arlene.

In 2019 the forth shot at chemo hurt her kidneys, and the fifth didn't work at all. Multiple myeloma spews protein fragments called kappa light chains into the blood, and those protein fragments clog up the kidneys. With failing kidneys Arlene was ineligible for an experimental treatment called CAR-T.

The first Monday in January of 2020 we went in to talk to the kidney doctor. He said because of the toxins building in her blood she would die within weeks. The alternative was dialysis, but then she'd die of the cancer in about six months and death by this cancer would be painful and unpleasant. She declined the dialysis. Wednesday we finally switched from home health care to home hospice care. The next day (Thursday the 9th) the chaplain from the hospice service called and wanted come over with their social worker, to say hi. He spoke to Arlene, turned away to speak to me, and when he turned back to ask her something five minutes later, she was gone. 3:52 pm

Too soon.

After 43 years I am alone.

I need to get signed up for college so I can return this fall. I need to replace the deck on our cabin, which we've ignored for the last five years. While the deck is off and the work easy I'm considering new doors and windows, and super-insulating the thing (propane costs are insane). Her car needs tires and service. And I'm worthless for getting the estate in order so our daughter has offered to take over.

There are times I feel like my whole life is ahead of me, and times I feel paralyzed by loss. A question I have: Who will I spend the next 43 years with, or will I spend it alone? Not looking for forever, but 43 years might be nice. And I might go to a concert. I might reconnect with an old friend now living in another state. I wanted to go to Burning Man, but canceled for 2020. Hope I can go in 2021. I want to create the theme camp of a "Writer's Village" at Burning Man: Lectures, workshops, critiques, readings, etc.

Two big projects: Finish my damned "forever" novel, and get back to my business idea which will take brain power instead of money.

Oh, I've been hiking. And I lost 20 pounds since January 1st. I was a 34/34 pant size (34-inch waist, 34-inch inseam). I'm down to 32/34. Whooo hooo!

God bless us, every one.

Tora_Frogg
Divided by Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScottyDM wrote:
Too soon.

After 43 years I am alone.

My deepest condolences, loss is never easy, and I can't imagine a loss after that much time. If I can help, even just as an ear, I'm here.

Quote:
I need to get signed up for college so I can return this fall. I need to replace the deck on our cabin, which we've ignored for the last five years. While the deck is off and the work easy I'm considering new doors and windows, and super-insulating the thing (propane costs are insane). Her car needs tires and service.

It's good to see that you have a lot of stuff to throw yourself into at least, and the insulating and windows and doors sound like a great upgrade if you're gonna be doing the deck anyway, shame I'm not closer, I'd bring the kids to help out, I'm mostly at home these days.

Quote:
Oh, I've been hiking. And I lost 20 pounds since January 1st. I was a 34/34 pant size (34-inch waist, 34-inch inseam). I'm down to 32/34. Whooo hooo!

I keep seeing so many people getting healthier, good job guys. I'm stuck right now at 200, I need to lose about 30-35 to be happily back where I was, in a 33 waist (for the pants I don't tuck shirts into). All these weight loss stories have me wanting to really get up and start on my goals, I'm just terribly unmotivated.

As for myself over the years, it would take several sit downs around several tables for the last few years of my life, but as of right now, I'm happily at home with my kids, rearranging the house and planning a set up for casting/streaming. Gonna make sure I have a "Family Friendly Night" so the kiddos can help / watch. I'm so fortunate that I'm here with my kiddos, and my doggos, and that my family is planning to move forward a little at a time.

Michael 03/22/15
Jonathan 04/10/15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: