Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi guys ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Hi guys ... Reply with quote

Erhm ... hey there.

This is awkward. It's been so long. I don't even know if I should do this.

A lot has changed. More than I guess I should get into here, really. But a lot. The website is gone, as you know ... but someone pointed me at it today, on the old-web-search-machine-thingamabob that some of you tech-savvy types know how to use. It made ... memories ... come flooding in.

Dear gods, the memories. So many of them.

So yeah, I'm sitting here now, in Copenhagen, where life has taken me and where all of the changes I mentioned before have brought me.

I've lost contact with a lot of people. I haven't spoken to anyone from here for years and I wondered if anyone even remembered the stuff I wrote, so long ago.

I'm still writing, but it's slow going these days. I'm ill ... in fact, I'm very ill, and it isn't making writing easier. Don't worry, I'm not dying or anything like that ... it's my head that's finally given out on me, and the medication is making the process of writing incredibly hard. Sure, I think if I stopped taking my meds, it'd come back in a flash, but ... that's not an option.

I stream, these days ... on Twitch ... under the name ClosedGame (the name of my series of books ... the quadrilogy that I mentioned a few times before finally leaving this place). I paint miniatures on stream, nowadays, talk about all and sundry, generally just hang out with whomever drops by. That sort of thing. I talk politics, hobby, religion, writing, the weather ... pretty much anything goes.

I'm still me. I'm just me on medication. I'm a me who knows what caused me so much pain and so much trouble for all those years. I'm me, knowing the cause of all the horrible episodes I've had to deal with.

Mostly, I'm me with my back straight and my head held as high as I possibly can, knowing it hasn't broken me despite its -best- attempts.

You can find my first book in the Closed Game series over on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de ... it's available as a paperback, under the title "Raven of the South" and if you'd rather have it in a kindle-version, you can get that as well.

It's writing I've had to fight for, but it's mine and it's from the heart.

I didn't think this place still existed, but ... I'm being buried in memories right now.

I hope some of you may see this.

Thank you for having been there for me for so many years of my life, when I badly needed someone to be.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filly, it is wonderful to hear from you. I hear from SC from time to time, and I hear from Aramis regularly. (Our kitten is a Captain, and has a girlfriend/fiancee'). When I get a chance, I'll go read how Raven came out. I still have copies of all you sent me stored somewhere on my computer. I have missed talking with you.

My writing has continued, and Fire On High is completed as far as writing it goes. I still post it here on PF, and still have a few chapters to post for it to be done. I have plans for a Part 2, as well as a few more projects. I thank you again for the use of your characters, they helped move Alex's story along so much.

Hope to hear from you more, and I pray the meds continue to help.

Love ya!

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking the old room out. A bit dusty but everything should still be there...

(* looks around *)

Don't think there's been any raiders in here (* shrugs *)

As for the meds, well, you do have to watch out for some of the side effects …

Come back and visit every so often, new reading material (or recommendations) is always welcome …

Just remember to smile Laughing (* just don't grin like an idiot, it may spread *)
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you again!

Things are a bit slower around here, not too many of us are still active on the forum.

I can understand about illness and writing - The novel I was working on has stalled due to stress, which I cured by retiring and leaving California and then moving into an 1888 Victorian house that demands my time. Still painting and fixing things after eight months.

The first twenty-eight chapters of it can be found on my website under the story "Scribe."

Take care and be back soon,

Kel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: