Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zig Zag The Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Zig Zag The Story Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Over the past month or so I’ve been rereading the Zig Zag story by James Bruner, I had first began reading it some ten or eleven years ago and recently rediscovered it and the Sabrina Story through links on EWS’s site. I’m curious if anyone here knows if James and Chris are still active. I sent James a message via his contact tab several weeks ago but haven’t reached out to Chris via his site yet. Blog post on James’s site show last activity in June of last year, Chris’s site seems to be around June 2012. A few cursory searches of this site show that James was a member at some point but nothing that hints at the stories continuation. Chris’s last post seems to be a “he’s been busy” from a few years ago as well.

Both of these stories hold sentimental value to me as they were among the first Furry related works I read and lead me further into the fandom. If the stories are dead, it’ll sadden me but I’d like to express my thanks towards the authors for their work regardless and hopefully make a contribution towards the hosting cost so they’ll be available for years to come.

Thanks,
AJ
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Grasshopper. Tigermark here, fan of ZZtS and contributor of fan fics. Last I talked to James, a year or so ago, ZZtS and ZZNoir were still a project he wants to work on, but his time and motivation are very sporadic. I too hope he, and eventually Chris, too, keep going with their work.

ZZtS is what inspired me to begin writing. My main story, Fire On High, had it's beginning in a fan fic idea for ZZtS, and Zig does appear in my story from time to time.

As far as James, I haven't heard from him lately. Hopefully that'll change soon.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
Hi Grasshopper. Tigermark here, fan of ZZtS and contributor of fan fics. Last I talked to James, a year or so ago, ZZtS and ZZNoir were still a project he wants to work on, but his time and motivation are very sporadic. I too hope he, and eventually Chris, too, keep going with their work.

ZZtS is what inspired me to begin writing. My main story, Fire On High, had it's beginning in a fan fic idea for ZZtS, and Zig does appear in my story from time to time.

As far as James, I haven't heard from him lately. Hopefully that'll change soon.

TM

Thanks for the insight, I do hope they both continue with their work. Motivation can be fickle, time even more so, it would be a shame if they were never finished. I’m looking forward to reading about how Z comes to terms with her past and how James weathers that storm, hell, I’ve enjoyed reading about the small things in their lives for that matter. Just a well rounded story.

I haven’t read ZZN yet and have only peeked into the fan stories but I’ll be sure to read your contribution. Do you have a link to Fire On High, I’d like to check it out too.

I’ll need to restart Sabrina too. As with ZZtS, I don’t recall much of it thankfully so it’ll all be new. Smile There is one fan story that burned itself into my mind a decade ago, the one where she dies. The scene when she goes and their kids lets out a wail...can visualize that to this day. Shocked

AJ
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the addy, right here on planet Furry. Just updated a new chapter today.

http://www.planetfurry.com/users/tigermark/

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
Here the addy, right here on planet Furry. Just updated a new chapter today.

http://www.planetfurry.com/users/tigermark/

TM

Appreciate it, thanks TM. Looking forward to reading.
EXan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close to a year and a half of silence. Anybody that can send out a ping and check how James is doing?
Greasshoper22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still curious as well, hopefully he’s alright and just suffering an extreme case of writers block.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXan wrote:
Getting close to a year and a half of silence. Anybody that can send out a ping and check how James is doing?

I saw James at MFM in September. He's doing well.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EXan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hikaru wrote:
I saw James at MFM in September. He's doing well.

TM already said he heard he was there. But to have a first hand sighting to confirm it is even better.

Good to hear he's doing well. Was a bit worried because of the silence on the site.

Hope he is still writing. ^^

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, for some reason I had been thinking about James for the past couple of days. I don't know why, but today I did something about it and cruised on by his web site, and was happy to find it still existed. So many sites from years gone by are gone with those years ... And there were three chapters available that I hadn't read yet! Yay!

But there doesn't seem to be much activity / interaction at the site any more. Last blog post was in 2017. So I started to wonder about that, and then started to be concerned. Is James still among us?

I'm not complaining about anyone's lack of presence on line. I've been very bad about blogging at my own site, so I would be the last to point fingers and say "Hey, get busy!" I'm just concerned for his wellbeing.

Has anyone heard from him recently?

I'll email him and see what happens ...

SC

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Silver Coyote wrote:
You know, for some reason I had been thinking about James for the past couple of days. I don't know why, but today I did something about it and cruised on by his web site, and was happy to find it still existed. So many sites from years gone by are gone with those years ... And there were three chapters available that I hadn't read yet! Yay!

But there doesn't seem to be much activity / interaction at the site any more. Last blog post was in 2017. So I started to wonder about that, and then started to be concerned. Is James still among us?

I'm not complaining about anyone's lack of presence on line. I've been very bad about blogging at my own site, so I would be the last to point fingers and say "Hey, get busy!" I'm just concerned for his wellbeing.

Has anyone heard from him recently?

I'll email him and see what happens ...

SC

You and I have both been bad about blogging, Amigo Mio. I wonder about James, too since I reached out to him about Zig, James and Sabrina having guest appearances in the what will most likely be the last of the "Immortal Warriors" series. That's kind of been put on hold pending some response from him.

Anyway, hope those pesky fires are nowhere near your home.

Take care,

Kel

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get in touch with James. He is well, and busy. Like so many of us, life has drawn his attentions from the fandom and his creativity. And like many of us, it sounds like he desires to return to the genre to some extent. I encourage others who may wonder about James and his stories to get in touch with him. The easiest way to do that is via his web presence. Select Contact Me from the menu bar there and (literally) fill in the blanks.

SC

The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thanks for the reply, Kel.

The fires are nowhere near us, but the smoke, propelled by the weather conditions, tends to seek and sink into the lowest areas and settle there. As our valley is surrounded by mountains, it tends to be a big collection chamber for smoke and ash. As long as the distant fires continue to consume the forests at the rates they have been, we're going to have bad AQI numbers and bad visibility, not to mention sore throats at the least.

It's the new normal. Years ago California's then-Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger told the media that his state's fire season was a 365-day-a-year event. I think that's becoming true of much of the intermountain west, and I think the fires seasons of even the coastal regions and the high mountains are getting longer, hotter, and drier.

It is what it is.

SC

EXan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: The site is down Reply with quote

So found out that the site has been down since a few days. Or rather "Account Suspended."

Hope it is not something serious... Anybody in contact with James?

Would be a damn shame to lose the stories... I am still hoping James gets to finish them.

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is news to me. I have not been in contact with James for a while and I'm not sure he has a regular email, not attached to zzstudios,com

I will have to investigate . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: