Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On to new pastures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: On to new pastures Reply with quote

Well folks, the time has arrived.

No more furry stories. Not many people seem to read the ones I write anymore, and I know why. People liked Transitions, and to some extent AVC, but not what I've written since. Too controversial I guess. But as I've always said, I write for myself first, and others second, and I have enjoyed what I've created.

Right now, I'm pondering what to do next. I am working on a story that I doubt will ever get posted on the internet, but I have other stuff laying around. The problem is ... I don't know whether I want to post any of it.

I don't think most of you would want to read it anyway, and it's much too different from what I have done until now. For one thing, it isn't furry. As I've stated before, I may occasionally feel like writing a one-off furry story of some sort, but I'm ready to move on from that genre, to something else. Such as what I am working on now. Or Nachter, which I never finished ... still need to write two more chapters on it, and I just never seem to have the time to do that.

I don't know. What I do know is that it'll be a while before anything will get posted. Maybe a month, maybe longer. I really, honestly don't know right now. As there are only a few readers left, I don't think anyone will mind that.

I want to make sure I thank Bastion for all the work he's done for me over the last few years. I really appreciate it, as I ... to this day ... have no idea how to post a chapter online myself.

If you're still interested, I guess all I can say is stay tuned. I'll be doing blog-entries now and again, as always, and there -will- be new stuff posted at some point in the future. I just don't know what it will be, or when.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Frazikar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(*chuckles*)

Considering the last story, a bit app - just as the 'show must go on', there's also 'the curtain must fall'... or should it be 'the end on one is the start of another'...(it all depends)...

I'm glad for the time we had together (thank you CB), for the memories and the thanks it gave (you too BH)...

Hey! This means I can go back to lurking full time again....
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*smiles*

Aslaug, you might say this now, but just as you've convinced yourself you're done with furry stories, a wonderful plot will pop up that will demand you write it.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your writings and I do look forward to many more, furry or not.

*bows to the filly*

Mr. Green

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't read just furry, and am always willing to try something new...

I've read Heinlein(Yes, Podkayne must die), Clarke, just about anything by Alexandre Dumas, Jules Verne, Øvre Richter Frick(He wrote the books about 'Dr. Jonas Fjeld' which some believe is the inspiration behind James Bond)
I've got crime and thrillers, noir style detective books, the complete series of 'All Creatures Great and small', Woodehouse,
I've even plowed through the entire 'Isfolket' series(I don't expect anyone besides Aslaug to know this one), some of the books several times...
All the Sagas... Greek mythology, even such oddballs as the 'Davinci code' and 'Angels and Deamons'...

It's true that I've mostly skipped your later works, and prefer the T1 & T2 series, but that's because I feel that those has a certain 'glow' to them.
If your new story has recaptured that 'glow' or spirit, Please, please, just PLEASE let me read it!
Because, when you hit that groove... the world around me just disappears... I see the characters, I hear them, I can sense that they're THERE and alive. That is a rare thing, and I really want to experience it again...

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Anthony. I don't know if I can ever recapture the glow of the early Transitions-books, for a simple reason.

They were partly my own story.

And besides, trying to recreate something is almost never going to work. Nachter is sci-fi for one thing, but people who have read it like it a lot. And the one I'm working on now, I may not even post on the net at all. But I'd be glad if you'd give it a shot, whenever I do post the next stuff Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tobi3B

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is a constand flow and we as people have to move with it
means we have to change what or how we do things
I have to say your later work I haven´t read but mostly because I lack a lot of time and I lost a bit my reading groove (you are ot the only one I neglect)
but I´m here as a fan and will stay as one Very Happy

[br]Feed Me![br]Adopted from Valenth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: