Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Redemption"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I will openly admit that I think I got the order of setup on the fifth wheel wrong. It has been about five years since I moved the unit that the one in the story is based on and believe me when I say, you didn't want to ride shotgun with me that day.

I did rip out at least twenty-five feet of cyclone fencing at the storage yard by not putting my hand on the bottom of the wheel vs. top. The manager of the yard doesn't want to see me try that again.

Not in the story; I tried to pull out from under it with the landing gear up. Thank gravity I couldn't. I also tried to pull out from under it without unlocking the hitch. No harm, no foul. I also didn't straddle the center line at one point like Brett did. Smart him, dumb me. Took down a Pedestrian crossing light pushbutton pole during a right turn.

Furthermore, Brett didn't almost get a ticket for being overlength, either. The truck was a Ford F-650 crew-cab dually with a 12' flatbed on it. Between it and the fifth wheel, I was about seven feet too long for the CHP's likings. Apparently the unit, pulled by a standard cab truck/8' bed barely meets length laws of some sort. We were five blocks from our destination when we were stopped. I think that's why he let us slide with a warning.

Anyway, the stands were a heavy duty design made by the mfg. of the coach. There was a T-handle on them to spin the stands up snug but the instructions said to use a wrench to final snug them. We used a large Channellock pliers for that.

BTW, I have been asked to move it twice since then. Both times I have respectfully declined.

Kel

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“We tried to salvage what we could but most of the canned goods ended up on the floor, dented and bent
up. I don't know about you, but I just don't trust them when they're like that.”

If the can is intact and not leaking, I say it's safe.

Frazikar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could depend on the size of the dent (and contents of the can)...though usually if after being rinsed off, there are no obvious holes and nothing of the inside is coming out (after a good squeeze), it's still good...
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Upcoming chapter Reply with quote

I think Tigermark commented that what was going on was wrong on several levels.

Well, I would reserve that comment for the next chapter, when I post it. this saga is going to be the one that everyone talks about, once I'm done.

*maniacal laughter*

Twisted Evil

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Chapter 08 is up Reply with quote

Well, here it is, Chapter 08 of "Redemption"

I promised things were going to get worse and I really feel like I have delivered this time.

Read on, if you dare . . .

And I think I just heard a certain blond filly scream bloody murder from several realities away. I'll go hide now. Enjoy!

Mr. Green

Frazikar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooohhhh, K - someone's playing very fast and very loose with the rules...

Paybacks gonna be a real bit...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLOOOOOOODYYYYY MUUUUUURDEEEEEEEERRRR!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The BioCobra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take this the wrong way, Kellan, but the moment with the marriage issues and the pregnancy, I swear it was like I was observing a soap opera. It really was! I could hear the soundtrack to Coronation Street (quite a popular soap opera over here in Blighty) playing at that moment.

A lot of interesting twists and turns, and I do enjoy learning more about this side of the whole universe. I will continue to read with enthusiasm.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: some clarification might be in order Reply with quote

Just to clarify -

You have to remember where this scenario suggestion came from; one Zagam, Demon King and ruler over 33 legions of demon soldiers.

Torvald and Victoria had previously kicked his bovine posterior solidly, to the point that Tor kicked his (parted from his body) head across the yard like a soccer ball. See "The Price Of Worship" for further clarification.

Zagam had learned not to confront them directly again, so this was a well thought-out idea to turn them to the Darkness and pay them back for an extended healing period that he suffered.

But as I like to say, no good (or not-so-good) deed goes unpunished. Twisted Evil

The BioCobra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Looks around, sees no-one else, and then raises an eyebrow*

Can I assume the above post is related to what I said?

Okay. Well, I knew that it was a serious matter from what I've gathered. I did sort of know why it was happening, and the impact of it all. My comment was merely my attempt at being a little bit light-hearted. Good ol' British humour and whatnot, old chap. I say...

*Ahem* 'scuse me.

Either way, I was just trying to show you what it reminded me of slightly. I didn't mean to give the impression I didn't get the story. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of [fur]kind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." — Dave Barry
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Clarification for my clarification? Reply with quote

The BioCobra wrote:
*Looks around, sees no-one else, and then raises an eyebrow*

Can I assume the above post is related to what I said?

Okay. Well, I knew that it was a serious matter from what I've gathered. I did sort of know why it was happening, and the impact of it all. My comment was merely my attempt at being a little bit light-hearted. Good ol' British humour and whatnot, old chap. I say...

*Ahem* 'scuse me.

Either way, I was just trying to show you what it reminded me of slightly. I didn't mean to give the impression I didn't get the story. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

My bad, I supposed I should have said, "Here's a bit of background on Mr. Zagam", who is by the way, a fallen angel.

And yeah, the lives of The Immortal Couple sometimes reads like a soap opera although I would rather think the theme song for "The Young And The Restless" would have been appropriate.

And occasionally, some epic piece of Wagner-esque battle music, you know that big symphony plus choir type stuff, would proper, too.

...and not very often, that Benny Hill tune, too. Embarassed

And did I mention, Rumjal is a fallen angel, too? It would seem that Constantine would know a few of the players personally.

Thanks for reading & commenting, BioCobra

Kel

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my cats and little kittens! Mayanne is...wait, does this foretell another immortal being born? gez, I feel like I've been on a really good coater ride.

Thing is, *snicker*, most time the fall of the bad guys is at least as epic as the pain they put the heroes through.

TM

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigermark wrote:
Oh my cats and little kittens! Mayanne is...wait, does this foretell another immortal being born? gez, I feel like I've been on a really good coater ride.

Thing is, *snicker*, most time the fall of the bad guys is at least as epic as the pain they put the heroes through.

TM

Well, Maryanne's first two children were not immortal by a long shot, since they were killed by that nasty Influenza epidemic that swept through Schuyler, Virginia. Thomas did manage to pass along Torvald's 'gift' to Bradley and Ronald, however.

Actually at the moment, the problem is what to do with all of these furs, since the Immortal Couple have at best, four-hundred and fifty-seven square feet of living space! Small details, you know.

I do promise my readers that the bad guys will fall in an epic battle that will be remembered in the Underworld for a long time. Thammuz and Zagam were just the warm-up.

Mr. Green

Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: What's this? Reply with quote

Well, another chapter posted.

It's kind of short but it's needed for story progression.

Enjoy!

Mr. Green

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many furs KNOW about the whole immortality thing, anyway??

And as for Rumjal, yep ... he really did get the short end of the stick in all this Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Kellan Meig'h All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: