Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

While I was gone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WolfMoonDesires

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: While I was gone Reply with quote

Last time I was here, I was suggesting people to allow me to give them their persona/fursona so that I could have practice and what not. Some I completed and posted them on my dA account, the others I have still completed but to a point. But for some reason I ended up drifting away from PF and just wonder around the net to find good deals for my own web domain.
Yup, that’s where I am, to those who were waiting their picture. I wanted to get a website that can hold tons of information so that I can start my webcomic. Decently priced, and what not. But every web domain site that would allow me to own one, I keep on finding either too high a price per month, or decently priced per year, but only a limited amount of information allowed. Times are tough, yup yup. But I wont give up, this little wolf-cat would prove the world that she can get a website! Rawr..!
I am also aiming to get a decent CG coloring program, like photoshop or Sai…the only problem here is that I don’t know which one is easy to use, allows me to create layers in case I mess up, and decently priced. Im not looking for those big heeby jeeby programs that can do EVERYTHING! Noo…I just want to color on the pc. (Im also working to get a labtop and a wacom tablet, but I can wait for those)
Also, I have found some things I can work on besides commissions! (Oh yea…I haven’t told you im going to start, lol) I was thinking I could do a little plush things and what not. Btw, my first plush…not bad…still have a lot of mistakes, but that’s what practice is for, right?

My main question to ask is....what are some tips to improve on sewing? O,o;; Self teaching is harder than I thought

I still use my old fursona
South_Munjoy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: While I was gone Reply with quote

WolfMoonDesires wrote:

I am also aiming to get a decent CG coloring program, like photoshop or Sai…the only problem here is that I don’t know which one is easy to use, allows me to create layers in case I mess up, and decently priced. Im not looking for those big heeby jeeby programs that can do EVERYTHING! Noo…I just want to color on the pc. (Im also working to get a labtop and a wacom tablet, but I can wait for those)

Try this. It might not be what you're looking for, but the price is right.
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: While I was gone Reply with quote

South_Munjoy wrote:

Try this. It might not be what you're looking for, but the price is right.

Agreed. Price is right and should work with a wacom fairly well.

I could also suggest trying Omnis Web Hosting. They are my host and they have a very decent pricing range along with lots of add-ons such as galleries, blogs, forums and shopping carts.

As far as sewing goes, are you looking for general sewing help or sewing machine sewing help?

Kellan, the old warhorse

Kasyl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone else said, GIMP is excellent. I used it myself for a long time before I happened upon Adobe for cheap... and I still kind of prefer it over PS. Also, paint.NET is worth a look, too.

Also, if you're looking to get a webcomic up and running, have you looked into ComicGenesis? I've heard good things about them, but have no experience personally with the site.

WolfMoonDesires

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: While I was gone Reply with quote

Kellan Meig'h wrote:

As far as sewing goes, are you looking for general sewing help or sewing machine sewing help?

Actually, Im lookin for sewing by hand, I have already done the machine and already I have learned that I shouldnt go fast (I will show you guys the picture when I have finnished fixing the shirt of the plush.)

And Thanks guys, when I get onto a computer that isnt my library's, I would take a look ^^;

I still use my old fursona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: