Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunningCat

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

I did this sketch of a locking mechanism and for the life of me I can not seam to find what type of locking mechanism it is called. If anyone knows I could really use there advice as it is driving me crazy.

Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking Bolt or cross bolt mechanism?

Is the intent that the bolts extend into the door frame on each side? Is it just one door?

Suggestion-teeth on bolts might need to be symmetrical, I think. Never had the ones on my gunsafes uncovered to see what they actually look like.

those doors have 8 bolts- 2 on each side. There are even 2 on the hinge side.

Kel

RunningCat

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is supposed to open a door and you are looking at the inside. Non of it is supposed to be to scale as it was just something I was thinking and for some reason I could not find out what this might be called.

The reason I did this is I wanted to use the name in my story but for the life of me could not come up with it and was having a hard time finding any reference on the internet or perhaps there is to much info and I could not find the right info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Writer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: