Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flames at Planetfurry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Flames at Planetfurry Reply with quote

I have heard about what is happening here on Planetfurry. It is a shame that one person is getting away with acting like an immature adult; but then I have seen high school kids that have been on this board more mature.

I real do feel bad that Mike took down The Raccoon's Bookshelf, but maybe it is for the best. When no member defends the admins and moderator from the flames that have been going around for the last few weeks, I would be leaving too!

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Skazwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think an admin should leave just because no one rushed to defend them. But it's his choice.
Skazwolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Her post should be taken with a grain of salt.
She is a bit bias in this. Wink

Now depending on the situation an Admin or Mod SHOULD leave if they are not in the right frame of mind. Once away they need to not think about what so and so did but examine themselves and get themselves together. Only then return. If they stay and fight thing could be done that will make matters much worse or even unfixable. I had to remove myself to think.

I've read the thread and I don't think you've done anything to be considered unjust enough for a resignation, but if you just want time off to think I can't blame you.
Teric

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Valhalla here. Time off can be very good in a situation like this.

I hope you're not gone for good though, Mike.

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that post and as far as I can see it broke rules 1, 9 an 11 in one go. When I first got here that would have been a ban, and on the forum some of us are moving to I will at least temporarily ban someone who pulls that kind of stuff.
Chris Regan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Her post should be taken with a grain of salt.
She is a bit bias in this. Wink

Now depending on the situation an Admin or Mod SHOULD leave if they are not in the right frame of mind. Once away they need to not think about what so and so did but examine themselves and get themselves together. Only then return. If they stay and fight thing could be done that will make matters much worse or even unfixable. I had to remove myself to think.

Yes I am bias in this matter, also I support Mike's actions, there are time you have to walk away so things cool down.

Crystal Dragon Raccoon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Hortmage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much good as a member of PF. I mostly lurk...and I don't even do THAT well, since so much went to Hades in a handbasket since the last time I poked my fuzzy face in here.

Still...for what it's worth...

As far as I can see, and for what little my opinion may mean, I think the moderators (including Mike!) have been doing an admirable job on this forum. Trying to guide folks to be pleasant and respectful on the internet is like herding cats under normal circumstances...but when half of those cats are canines and vulpines.... Shocked

I hope Mike doesn't leave PF, or take the Bookshelf away. It would be too great a loss for the furry community.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Everyday blither-blather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: