Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trixie Belden and the Anthrocon Mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rava

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
Rava - mind if I use something of that comment of yours if Dennis or Trixie end up talking with you during the con?

*laughs* No problem, I give you free rein within the limits we've discussed. Wink
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't quite keep my mouth shut now. Must admit now that given all the hints, I officially don't like the Dennis character. He is NOT being forthright with his friends. Maybe he isn't a 'bad' guy, but he certainly does seem to be keeping something in reserve, as it were. Nevertheless, I'm trying to hold out some hope for him. Perhaps he feels that revealing what he knows would put his friends in danger? Crossing my fingers on that one.

Good characterizations, btw. ("Hey! I know those people!") Laughing I love a good mystery and this one is shaping up nicely.

Cateagle wrote:
*G* Well, those who know me will agree that the second item is a very distinct possibility. As to the first, I can think of at least one possibility. What is something I have, that few, if any, others on PF have, but that I have in common with "Lee Evans"?

Cateagle and Lee share an in-depth knowledge of engineering, and probably have nearly as complete a grasp of the niceties of firearms. Aside from that, Evan, I don't know what else you might be referring to.

Looking forward eagerly to the rest of this!

Oh. By the way, why does Dennis not like being called Kynsfyr? Did I miss something (again Rolling Eyes )?

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rava wrote:
Kinsfire wrote:
Rava - mind if I use something of that comment of yours if Dennis or Trixie end up talking with you during the con?

*laughs* No problem, I give you free rein within the limits we've discussed. Wink

I figure a simple chewing out like the one you gave just above would work wonders...Laughing...can probably use that as a way of letting out some new info...heh-heh-heh...

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
Can't quite keep my mouth shut now. Must admit now that given all the hints, I officially don't like the Dennis character. He is NOT being forthright with his friends. Maybe he isn't a 'bad' guy, but he certainly does seem to be keeping something in reserve, as it were. Nevertheless, I'm trying to hold out some hope for him. Perhaps he feels that revealing what he knows would put his friends in danger? Crossing my fingers on that one.

Good characterizations, btw. ("Hey! I know those people!") Laughing I love a good mystery and this one is shaping up nicely.

People will understand sooner or later about Dennis. Just remember this: The bad guy(s) will see their come-uppance. (That's how it always works in the Trixie Belden books. The good guys win, and the bad guys go to jail. None of this morally ambiguous stuff you see in some stories.)

This thing is going to run to a minimum of ten chapters, but I'm expecting more. (Probably closer to fifteen or twenty, given the chapter lengths I'm using.)

Concolor wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
*G* Well, those who know me will agree that the second item is a very distinct possibility. As to the first, I can think of at least one possibility. What is something I have, that few, if any, others on PF have, but that I have in common with "Lee Evans"?

Cateagle and Lee share an in-depth knowledge of engineering, and probably have nearly as complete a grasp of the niceties of firearms. Aside from that, Evan, I don't know what else you might be referring to.

You'll understand within a small handful of chapters. I still have some interesting characters to introduce, including a particularly important one in Chapter 4.

Concolor wrote:
Looking forward eagerly to the rest of this!

Oh. By the way, why does Dennis not like being called Kynsfyr? Did I miss something (again Rolling Eyes )?

No, you didn't miss anything. It's not that he dislikes being called Kynsfyr; he's just less used to it than he is to his own name. You'll probably have to call "Kynsfyr" more than once to get his attention. (Calling him BeachBoy is more likely to get him to turn and look at you, to be honest...)

Kinsfire

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An oddball thought came to me while I was stuck at home last week - I was watching Disney's "The Parent Trap", and realized that I've always visualized Trixie as looking exactly like Hayley Mills did at that age, with the short hair. (Amusingly enough, she could have play Honey when she had the long hair.)

Anyone else agree with me? Or am I just more insane than usual?

Kinsfire

Galadrion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no more than usual... though I tend to picture her with hair a few shades darker than that. Not a big deal for Hollywood, even in those days... and now... well, have you seen the range of colors Christina Ricci has gone through?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galadrion wrote:
...well, have you seen the range of colors Christina Ricci has gone through?

Are we talking overall, or just today? Laughing

Kinsfire

Rava

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
An oddball thought came to me while I was stuck at home last week - I was watching Disney's "The Parent Trap", and realized that I've always visualized Trixie as looking exactly like Hayley Mills did at that age, with the short hair. (Amusingly enough, she could have play Honey when she had the long hair.)

Anyone else agree with me? Or am I just more insane than usual?

Kinsfire

*laughs hard* Oh boy I thought I was the only one! I was heartbroken to realise there could never be a Trixie Belden movie with her playing Trixie since she was too old by the time I was 8!
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I had way too much time on my hands last week, and as I popped in the videotape, and it reached the point where we first meet Susan (the one from California, if I remember rightly - in any case, the short haired one), and I sat bolt upright (giving myself a dizzy spell) and thinking "Holy cow! Trixie!"

In other news - I expect chapter 4 to be available on my site by Friday. (If not, then it won't be until Monday at the earliest.)

Rava

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinsfire wrote:
As I said, I had way too much time on my hands last week, and as I popped in the videotape, and it reached the point where we first meet Susan (the one from California, if I remember rightly - in any case, the short haired one), and I sat bolt upright (giving myself a dizzy spell) and thinking "Holy cow! Trixie!"

In other news - I expect chapter 4 to be available on my site by Friday. (If not, then it won't be until Monday at the earliest.)

*laughs* funny how onw thing can get your modivation going Smile
Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it'd be Friday, and I meant it. It's now available on the kinsfire.net site, and I hope to FINALLY update my PF mirror sometime soon - things have been a little crazy.

I'm not entirely happy with it, but when are we ever happy?

Kinsfire

Concolor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going NUTS trying to imagine what the heck is so important about a FUR SUIT!!!

Okay, that off my chest, let me say I am thoroughly enjoying this. Dennis would be, too, if he could concentrate on the here-and-now of having two pretty girls kissing on him. Laughing Poor sap. What's eating him?

Nice cliffhanger, btw.

You nailed Evan! Absolutely perfect! Wink

Kinsfire
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concolor wrote:
I'm going NUTS trying to imagine what the heck is so important about a FUR SUIT!!!

Trust me, you'll understand...

Concolor wrote:
Okay, that off my chest, let me say I am thoroughly enjoying this. Dennis would be, too, if he could concentrate on the here-and-now of having two pretty girls kissing on him. Laughing Poor sap. What's eating him?

I'm hoping to show it more, but his theme song for a little while is going to be Simon and Garfunkle's "I Am A Rock". (Note those references to something missing?)

He can't enjoy it too much because they're A) the girlfriends of two other guys, and B) that THING that's bugging him at the con.

Concolor wrote:
Nice cliffhanger, btw.

Thanks! I was going to take it a bit further, and then I looked at it and said, "No - this'll at least make 'em come back for chapter 5!" Laughing

Concolor wrote:
You nailed Evan! Absolutely perfect! Wink

Well, I admit that I had some help there. That description, when Trixie first saw Evan and Mike walking down the hall? That was only mildly altered from Evan's self-description.

As for his answers? Well, I asked some people to fill out a questionaire as to how they'd answer some questions. In fact, I think I'll make it available for download, and anyone that wants to answer them can, and e-mail it back to me. As usual, no promises about it being used, but if it fits, I'll use it.

=================

Okay - done. In Opera 6 and IE 6, if you click:

http://www.kinsfire.net/stories/trixie/questions.rtf

You should get a box asking it you want to read or download the file. Whichever way works for you.

Kinsfire

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Hmmmmmmm... Hmm, hmm, hmm...

Okay let's see. A guy in a suit, Evan avoiding questions and someone trying to get into Dennis' room.

I find it hard to think that the suited guy is a FED agent. I mean, if they are there to look for someone and porabaly arrest that one they it would be kinda foolish to wear a suit that screams "FED AGENT!!!" I think it's probably security or just someone who likes to dress up that way.

That Evan is avoiding Trixie's questions doesn't quite make sense, unless there IS something going on and he is involved. Or it's it's a clever trick of the author to lure us poor readers on a fake track Wink

The breaking into Dennis' room pretty much speaks for itself. Someone wanted something from it. The question is: What was it?

Okay, by now I think that Dennis' has something that somebody else wants or at least doesn't want to show up at the convention. However, I don't think that it is the costume. The costume might be a cover for it though.

There are still too many unanswered questions about Dennis' past to make any speculations as to what it is but thinking about it, the FED guy could have something to do with it, though that is REALLY far fetched.

Again, my theory:

Dennis has something that somebody else want or wants to be destroyed or at least wants it away from the convention. The first try to do so was pushing Dennis' car off the road. That also shows that the one behind it is willing to heavily injure or even kill people to get what he wants. This try failed since the object in question not only wasn't in the car at all, Dennis was still able to attend AC.

THe next try was to steal it from Dennis' room what seemingly also failed, probably because Dennis and the others interrupted the robber. This assumption is based on the relive Dennis showed after he searched the closet. Also, I assume the the object in question is not the costume by that fact that after his initial relieve, after he probably looked into the closet and found the costume safely, he was looking for something else.

Following this theory we would have to find out what the object is and why other people have such an intense interest in it.

That's it for now. More later.

Good chapter. Rather confusing but this is a mystery story so I guess it's supposed to be that way Smile

Oh, and before I forget it, thanks a lot Smile

Galadrion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my own suspicions - Kinsfire knows about them. I'll wait to see... well, I'll wait for a while before I start airing them. As for the Suited Man, I don't know that he's a fed. The obvious 'MIB' suit is out of character for a field agent. Maybe a paper-pusher who managed to swing a trip to AC as part of an assignment and who got infected with the "I'm a big, bad fed" bug, but a real field agent would show up in jeans and a t-shirt until he (or she - just as likely) had an idea about what would blend in the best - and would then 'go chameleon'.

But what if it's deliberate? What if Suited Man wants everyone to think he's a fed? Why would he want that? Well, if he isn't part of the FBI or some such, it's a great distraction - someone who sees him is going to think (and probably say) "Federal agent!"... and once that's established, it's going to be hard for anyone who hears it to shake off the impression. And such memes are contagious - they travel at the speed of rumor... at an event such as Anthrocon, slightly under c-cubed (speed of light, in all three spatial dimensions).

Who might want to frame the feds for snooping on furries? And who might want to snoop on furries without being blamed? As I said, I'm going to hold off on that for now. I've already sent my answers to the 'question list' to Kinsfire - if and when he chooses to use them, you'll see my thoughts on the matter. Once that happens, I'll begin adding further speculation here - or if I think it may be something he can use, I'll send it directly to Kinsfire. (And no, Kinsfire, I'm not going to be asking for 'advance knowledge'. My reasoning from Galahad's Overture holds even more firmly for myself than for anyone else. Wink )

*Ding* Just had a brainstorm - Suited Man might be a field agent - and a damn good one. So why would a trained field agent blow his cover so obviously? Distraction value. It occured to me when I reread my "or she - just as likely" comment. If everyone is on the lookout for a blatent 'MIB', they aren't going to be looking as closely at someone who may be doing a better job at blending in. Right - that's it, I'm officially in 'mystery mode' - probably better known as 'mild paranoia'. I think I'm going to be on the lookout...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> kinsfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: